Back to Writing your World: Finding yourself in the academic space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing your World: Finding yourself in the academic space by University of Cape Town

Throughout the world, writing serves to express, record and even create meaningful moments. In academic spaces, writing becomes the bridge between ourselves and the world of ideas. In this course, we provide practical insights into how to write an academic essay. We show you how to develop the academic skills needed to be a competent academic writer. You will have an opportunity to engage with texts written by academics, and to see how some of the ideas in these texts are used by students in constructing an academic essay. We address some of the challenges these students face with respect to academic writing and offer you the opportunity to practice and to develop your own writing style. For this course, we centre our lessons around a specific topic - the concept of identity, since it forms such an important feature of how we locate ourselves in an ever-changing global world. In other words, this course teaches academic writing skills through getting you to write and reflect on your understanding of identity. So if you are thinking about studying at a tertiary institution, or if you just want to brush up on your academic essay writing skills, this course is for you!...

Z
Oct 31, 2020

I'm very greatful to finish this course and I would like to thank Coursera for giving me an opportunity to enroll .I would like to thank the lectures and professors from the University of Cape Town.

AP
Sep 3, 2018

The Corsera program really help me to acquire new skills for essay writing and to develop a sense of responsibility and regularity in my work. Thank you Corsera :)

26 - 42 of 42 Reviews for Writing your World: Finding yourself in the academic space

By Udaya B

Oct 29, 2020

Nice Course for the beginners.

By Sibahle

Apr 27, 2020

The course was insightful.

By ikhona k

By MD. R A

May 26, 2019

By Nadia O

Jun 3, 2020

It was a great experience to learn the right way to write an academic essay. A concert example of identity was the topic to respect in our writings.

And now, after almost four weeks of practice and learning, I can see the huge difference in my English writing and even reading phases.

Thank you really.

By Soraya V W

Sep 25, 2019

It has been an interesting course that has highlighted some of the knowledge I was lacking in terms of writing an academic thesis.

By J B

Jul 2, 2020

It is an interesting course that gives you a lot of food for thought while also helping you to understand academic writing.

By Nicola J S

Feb 4, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, I found the break down of what needs to be included in each section extremely helpful.

By Ivan B

Mar 23, 2021

The course offers a helpful introduction to essay writing as well as teaches the requirements of academic writing

By Silence C

Aug 2, 2020

Well structured course

By Tshepang M

Jun 8, 2021

Enjoyed the course

By Mu'minah V

May 7, 2018

It was okay but the honors activities are long

By Başak

Aug 27, 2021

poorly organised course. not enough information on writing an academic essay.

By Jingning A