University of Pennsylvania
MCIT Online graduates will be uniquely positioned to fill computer science jobs in industries such as finance, healthcare, education, and government, as well as in the core software development industry. Upon completion of the on-campus program, MCIT alumni have gone on to earn jobs with competitive salaries at technology companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, and Bloomberg.
As an MCIT Online graduate, you’ll join the Penn Engineering alumni network - a community of over 28,000 business leaders, innovators and researchers across the globe. As a member of the alumni network, you will enjoy access to Penn’s Alumni Directory, the Engineering Alumni Society, the Penn Global Club Network, and Penn alumni events and communications.
MCIT Online students have access to a range of career and networking opportunities throughout their time in the program. The list below is only the start as there are more initiatives planned for the future. At the helm is Penn Engineering’s Associate Director of Professional Development and Networking, whose goal it is to prepare students for the next stage in their career.
- Virtual opportunities such as small group sessions organized by area interest and extracurricular project pitches
- In-person opportunities including annual on-campus events
- Robust Slack community for current students to interact
- Private LinkedIn group for all MCIT Online students & alumni
- Penn Alumni Directory (QuakerNet)
- Alumni Clubs located around the world
Personal one-on-one career advising
When a student has completed the core courses in the curriculum they become eligible for personal one-on-one career advising with the Associate Director of Professional Development and Networking. These appointments occur virtually and include the some of the following topics:
- Mapping career goals
- Cover letter
- Internship search
- Job search
- Professional communication
- Personal branding
Professional Development Skill Building
- Monthly Zoom sessions on foundational themes such as Internship Search, Job Search, Offer Negotiation, International Job Search, etc.
- Live-streamed alumni interviews
- Monthly insights and current events from Associate Director of Professional Development and Networking
Job Boards and Online Subscriptions
- Handshake - Access to extensive job boards, internship reviews from 700+ member schools, virtual events
- CareerShift, Goinglobal, Interview Stream, etc.
To learn more about tips for breaking into the tech industry, watch a webinar with Penn's Associate Director of Professional Development and Networking.
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.
We encourage you to investigate whether this degree meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.