Back to Assets in Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Assets in Accounting by Intuit

4.1

In this second course, you will dive deeper into the world of bookkeeping and focus on accounting for assets. If you are familiar with bookkeeping basics, such as double entry accounting, you are ready for this course. You will gain an understanding of common asset types, learn how to account for inventory, calculate cost of goods sold, and work with Property, Plant, and Equipment (PP&E). Upon completing this course, you will use your new knowledge of assets to record transactions and produce financial statements for increasingly complex business situations. By the end of this course, you will be able to: -Summarize the common types of assets a business may have -Describe the importance of control over inventory -Outline how depreciation expense is reported on an income statement -Illustrate how transactions can be recorded in terms of the resulting change in the elements of the accounting equation. Course 1 Bookkeeper Basics, or the equivalent, is a recommended prerequisite for this course....

LH
Oct 19, 2021

Overall great course. Still unclear about some things and there is no way to clarify. That would make it better. But besides that this course is well done.

PW
Nov 14, 2021

good course and content but not enough emphasis and explanations on formulas in the inventory section. To many description were not clearly explained.

1 - 25 of 78 Reviews for Assets in Accounting

By Sara C

Jun 23, 2021

There were some glitches where I answered questions correctly on the quizzes but I was told I was incorrect. Also, some questions didn't actually specify which answer they were looking for. Or, in what format they wanted, comma necessary in an answer, $ sign, etc, and I was marked incorrectly. I put a lot of hard work into this course and it was frustrating to see that I "failed" a quiz when in actuality I passed it.

By Lenora W

Jul 19, 2021

There are a lot of errors made in this course, especially when it comes to the material provided and answers to the quizzes and the workbooks you need to do before the last test of each section. It just appears that this was just thrown together and not proofread for errors. It has been very frustrating that the students are paying for this and all the errors.

In my honest opinion, I would tell others to not waste their money. To just get a Bookkeeper Certification from NACPB or the AIPB.

By Nicole N

Jul 27, 2021

Lots of errors and typo's in the course, not sure who put this online without proofreading it but Intuit should get on this or pull the course. Not effective.

By Sheena M

Jul 29, 2021

The grading is very much off. It constantly mark problems wrong when they are correct. I should get a refund. Not worth $49

By Radhames M

Aug 5, 2021

There are a few errors on some of the questions in the test. In regards with the correct format to write your answers to question 4 and 5.

By Sara L

Jul 13, 2021

I wish this showed more explanations or feedback on the correct answers.

By Aaron W

Aug 19, 2021

This course started well but has several critical issues:

Content further in the course comes with activities but no explanations of new material.

Answers in both practice quizzes and on the final exam are often wrong, using incorrect accounting equations and arithmetic.

Spreadsheets provided have multiple issues.

Overall, this course needs to be reviewed by an accounting professional for both precision and accuracy.

By Kay S

Jul 31, 2021

This course is similar to the Bookkeeping Basics course before it, very affordable but with some drawbacks. I still really dislike the time taken to listen to the animated characters, and I still like the experts that share but wish there were more graphics to go with what they are covering. Most of the material in this course was very basic with the exception of making journal entries for depreciation, operating leases, and capital leases; for these subjects the instruction was too brief and unclear for me, so I will have to try to figure out how to learn more about that elsewhere. Still some glitches with some of the practice sessions and quizzes and exams.

By Cassandra J

Jul 21, 2021

The case studies/spreadsheet activities lack any sort of feedback or grading but are necessary to pass the following quiz which makes it frustrating because as someone else stated on here " you don't know what you don't know" so for someone learning who is most likely going to make a mistake some feedback is necessary.

By Anna C

Aug 18, 2021

This course is poorly-formatted, with many video lessons coded incorrectly, missing or incorrect transcripts, activities that don't work correctly, and assessments that ask questions that can't be answered with available information.

By SHAMSHAD A

Jul 11, 2021

not easy to pass.

By S P A

Aug 2, 2021

Really not well thought out, some statistical errors in presentation does not help learners. And the presentation is less than professional.

By Paula L

Jul 29, 2021

None of this actually helps me with my bookkeeping work I currently do. I need formulas provided to me in order to solve for current amounts and the case study was very confusing.

By Lesley H

Oct 20, 2021

By Patrick v d W

Nov 15, 2021

By DeAnna B

Nov 19, 2021

Some of the quiz answers are incorrect, and some do not provide adequate information. Someone should review. Example - Equipment purchased on May 1st Value $25,000, Salvage $6,000,useful life 5 years. Depreciation would not be $3,800 - they did not own it all year, only 8 months.

By Joshua L

Jul 23, 2021

The directions to format entering numbers for answers is incorrectly given.

By Jessica R

Sep 27, 2021

There are several errors in the worksheets and quizzes for this course, so when you get the correct answer it's marked wrong, or the information in the worksheets is not actually teaching you what it's supposed to. This course really needs to be gone over with a fine-tooth comb and corrected, because it's very frustrating to not know which answers I'm getting wrong because I don't understand and which I'm getting wrong because the actual course is in error.

By Alexandria R

Nov 4, 2021

Teaches you good things, but quiz questions are often badly worded or sometimes just plain wrong? Still worth it, but extremely frustrating

By Shannon R

Sep 20, 2021

There are a lot of significant errors in multiple quizzes and a large section of audio missing.

By Aaron M

Oct 27, 2021

Course has several minor errors. Overall the content is educational and accurate.

By jaynish m

Jul 25, 2021

It's really a Value For Money and also assisted me in understanding the fundamentals of accounting, how to journalise the transactions and it makes you feel like you're in the real work environment. Amazing. American Education system is the BEST.

By Tara L

Oct 1, 2021

I really love this course. It is giving me hands on experience which is my learning style. I want to understand everything that is going on behind the scenes in my accounting software. I don't feel lost anymore.

By Genesis F

Jan 26, 2022

Excellent training materials! I highly recommend it! Thanks a lot for providing us with such a great training at a very low cost! Thanks, keep up the good work!

By Riffet S

Dec 3, 2021

After the completion of this course Assets in Accounting, I feel more confidents about the financial statements, inventory Systems and leasing.