Back to Assets in Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Assets in Accounting by Intuit

4.2

In this second course, you will dive deeper into the world of bookkeeping and focus on accounting for assets. If you are familiar with bookkeeping basics, such as double entry accounting, you are ready for this course. You will gain an understanding of common asset types, learn how to account for inventory, calculate cost of goods sold, and work with Property, Plant, and Equipment (PP&E). Upon completing this course, you will use your new knowledge of assets to record transactions and produce financial statements for increasingly complex business situations. By the end of this course, you will be able to: -Summarize the common types of assets a business may have -Describe the importance of control over inventory -Outline how depreciation expense is reported on an income statement -Illustrate how transactions can be recorded in terms of the resulting change in the elements of the accounting equation. Course 1 Bookkeeper Basics, or the equivalent, is a recommended prerequisite for this course....

GF

Jan 25, 2022

Excellent training materials! I highly recommend it! Thanks a lot for providing us with such a great training at a very low cost! Thanks, keep up the good work!

LH

Oct 19, 2021

Overall great course. Still unclear about some things and there is no way to clarify. That would make it better. But besides that this course is well done.

51 - 75 of 125 Reviews for Assets in Accounting

By Syed A H S

Jan 24, 2022

its good to enhance professional skill

By DEVESH R B

Jan 23, 2022

Good for someone with basic experience

By Josué L

Apr 17, 2022

Interactive and easy to understand.

Sep 27, 2021

Lively, entertaining and insightful

By omar.fatouh

Jul 22, 2021

G​reat and informative course!

By ching j

Aug 6, 2021

I learned a number of things.

By Mia J

Nov 5, 2021

Great

By Alexia D

Mar 23, 2022

I am continuing to enjoy this course, I very much look forward to completing it! All in all, it was nice. I really like and appreciate the way it is structured. There were a few things, however. I had some trouble getting a few of the videos to play and ultimately they did not work-the audio cut off after a few minutes. Thankfully I was able to just go off of the typed transcription of the video to do my notes. Also, there seemed to be another glitch with the final quiz. I was able to figure most of the questions out, but like many others, question #3 and another one posed issues. Not sure what the answer/issue is there, but I hope our reviews are able to provide help in getting things worked out!

By Tammy S

Jan 23, 2022

Please re-review the material for accuracy For ex, in the PP&E final assessment, questions 2,5, and 11 appear incorrect, and Q13 is suspect, as high vs low tech matters in EUL as a high tech item may be subject to obsolescence and therefore have a shorter EUL. Also, the leasing modules must be updated for ASC 842.

I have noticed a few other items that appear incorrect as well, which could make it very confusing to those newer to accounting or bkpg. Perhaps there could be a link to report potential edits to help crowdsource the continued improvement of the course?

It is a terrific, entertaining program regardless--thank you.

By Dionne Y

Sep 27, 2021

I received my Bachelor's Degree in Accounting 13 years ago and have been an accountant well before and after receiving my degree. I am taking this course as a refresher and to receive Intuit's Professional Bookkeeper Certification. Overall, the course has been good. However, in the Property and Equipment Assessment, three of my answers were marked "incorrect," but I feel strongly that they are correct. I find no contact information for Coursera to dispute my grade. On to the next section of this course!

By Campy

Apr 6, 2022

Very good, but I wish I could have some communication and feedback with a professor, who could tell me what I'm missing. I missed one question on the final quiz in Assets in Accounting, and I'm still unsure where my mistake is. I would really like to know, so I can feel more confident when creating and working on my own books for our small businesses.

By Kelly K

Mar 28, 2022

Should include how to do a TRial Balance when it is part of the homework. The last project I did the trial balance, however my totals did not equal the totals on the test, and there was no way to find out the right answer so I could go back and learn what I did wrong. I am the type of person who wants to learn from my mistakes.