Back to Assets in Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Assets in Accounting by Intuit

4.2

In this second course, you will dive deeper into the world of bookkeeping and focus on accounting for assets. If you are familiar with bookkeeping basics, such as double entry accounting, you are ready for this course. You will gain an understanding of common asset types, learn how to account for inventory, calculate cost of goods sold, and work with Property, Plant, and Equipment (PP&E). Upon completing this course, you will use your new knowledge of assets to record transactions and produce financial statements for increasingly complex business situations. By the end of this course, you will be able to: -Summarize the common types of assets a business may have -Describe the importance of control over inventory -Outline how depreciation expense is reported on an income statement -Illustrate how transactions can be recorded in terms of the resulting change in the elements of the accounting equation. Course 1 Bookkeeper Basics, or the equivalent, is a recommended prerequisite for this course....

GF

Jan 25, 2022

Excellent training materials! I highly recommend it! Thanks a lot for providing us with such a great training at a very low cost! Thanks, keep up the good work!

LH

Oct 19, 2021

Overall great course. Still unclear about some things and there is no way to clarify. That would make it better. But besides that this course is well done.

26 - 50 of 124 Reviews for Assets in Accounting

By Mary J W

Apr 18, 2022

This course on assets accounting was well done providing students with a solid understanding of inventory, prepaid assets, PP&E and other assets. Students learned how to create journal entries to manage asset depreciation, equipment leases, inventory tracking (including COGS) and promissory notes. It was beneficial to see the entire accounting process from general journal entries to completion of a balance sheet. Having said this, I thought it was a very difficult course. Students need to expect to take more time above that to go through the exercises. The course builds on familiar concepts but it gets complicated quickly. I was able to complete the course only because Coursera was flexible in setting time goals. FInally, I appreciate that Coursera includes examples of modern and diverse small businesses in this course. Thank you for making bookkeeping fun!

By jaynish m

Jul 25, 2021

It's really a Value For Money and also assisted me in understanding the fundamentals of accounting, how to journalise the transactions and it makes you feel like you're in the real work environment. Amazing. American Education system is the BEST.

By Tara L

Oct 1, 2021

I really love this course. It is giving me hands on experience which is my learning style. I want to understand everything that is going on behind the scenes in my accounting software. I don't feel lost anymore.

By Genesis F

Jan 26, 2022

By HR

Apr 10, 2022

​Thank you very much for helping us to improve skills free of charge. And I am very happy about opportunities you re giving us to increase our knowledge.

By Riffet S

Dec 3, 2021

After the completion of this course Assets in Accounting, I feel more confidents about the financial statements, inventory Systems and leasing.

By Nestor M

Feb 24, 2022

Love the test at the end with Excel spreadsheet.. to go from General Ledger to Balance Sheet.. then Inventory exercise.. awesome!

By Carla R

Feb 19, 2022

Love the learning tool of Bianca makes all the difference in the world. Makes the learning easier to follow and digest

By Sampson A

Nov 11, 2021

i​ have been enlightened more on Asset and looking forward for the next course. I appreciate coursera the opportunity

By Samantha W

Jan 29, 2022

Wonderful course, especially for a beginner. Must pay close attention as not to miss the understated details.

By Sarah J

Mar 1, 2022

I have learned more through this class and gaining an understanding of the principles of Accounting.

By Rosa G

Mar 23, 2022

I founded very clearly and helpful, I learned a lot, and happy to took the decision to be here.

By Aldrine J A U

Dec 27, 2021

I learned a lot from this course. Thank you so much for granting my financial aid application.

By Тренина Л С

May 4, 2022

Thank you Cursera for the opportunity to take this course, it is very important for me.

By Tina M M

Aug 13, 2021

Great course, easy to follow. Really helped refresh what I haven't used in awhile.

By Faisal A

Nov 11, 2021

Amazing way of teaching to understanding and mastering the subject.

By Jawad K

Nov 13, 2021

Top Top course. Case Study - Assets in Accounting was challenging.

By Bruce K

Sep 19, 2021

The course had a lot of information. Leese section was useful.

By Catherine M

Aug 13, 2021

Very comprehensive and easy to follow and understand course.

By Veronica W

Sep 3, 2021

VERY GOOD COURSE. WOULD BE MORE VALUABLE IF ACCREDITED.

By Vilma P

May 18, 2022

I​ learned a lot about assets & inventory. Thanks!

By JessicaBGonzalez

Sep 24, 2021

Great practice with excel at the end of the course

By Tracey R

Aug 13, 2021

This is a great course for an overview of assets!

By Carla A A H

May 5, 2022

​i really enjoyed learning with this course.

By Veronica R

Feb 10, 2022

I​ really liked the case study at the end.