Back to Developing Android Apps with App Inventor

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing Android Apps with App Inventor by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

4.4

The course will give students hands-on experience in developing interesting Android applications. No previous experience in programming is needed, and the course is suitable for students with any level of computing experience. MIT App Inventor will be used in the course. It is a blocks-based programming tool that allows everyone, even novices, to start programming and build fully functional apps for Android devices. Students are encouraged to use their own Android devices for hands-on testing and exploitation....

NL
Dec 28, 2020

I enjoyed a lot in learning this app development course. I am so happy to have GUI based programming feature and it will defenitely help me to make an android app for my future project works.

MA
Sep 9, 2019

Am excited to have a feel of how android apps are developed. This course has help me learn how android components interacts with each other and how to use them appropriately. Thanks alot

1 - 25 of 120 Reviews for Developing Android Apps with App Inventor

By Sarah D

Jul 9, 2019

Some of the questions on the quiz are written in a way that does not make sense. i.e. What is the text value of the button component? The word in the image is good and the question says to note the space below the text. This question does not make sense. The answer is not "good" or "text" so what is it? This question makes no sense at all. I used the getter and setter feature in the blocks view and changed the text to "good" and other words as well. The value is good!

By Anushka T

Jul 31, 2019

It is a wonderful course. It helped my daughter learn how to make apps on my Android device. I highly recommend using this course to teach the building of an app to a learner.

By Sam W

Jun 21, 2017

Wow I didn't know making apps can be so easy until now! Perfect as an entry level programming course.

By José M M d R

Dec 8, 2019

Sometimes I felt that that more information that the one provided was necessary

By Hamza A

Feb 12, 2021

In this course i have to add few things to review from your's side.Firstly, lets assume in this course there are some videos and readings also it includes Quizes and Assignments .In Quizes there are some questions in which we have to choose one option or some questions we have to choose multiple option but in other way there are some questions in which we Submit our asnwer.In this course there are some Quizes in which i submit my answer but everytime it reminds me after submitting that your's answer is wrong .When i kept thinking on that even a whole night ,at the end of multiple nights after thinking and research on that i find that its just a syntax mistake i just totally embarrassing on me as well as on Course plus on Course Makers .Please Review on that to update this thing ,you must not considering the syntax error i know syntax was matter but there are many students who enrolled this course they even nothing much know about Any thing like that e.g like syntax error or computer programming etc.

One solution in my mind when we entering an answer if it is syntax mistake you must show an message box that your's answer is right but it's an syntax mistake.So, we kept focusing on syntax error rather than we weight on our mind to thinking about wrong correct answer instead of wrong one .

Please consider this thing to improve your's course .

Its my pleasure to reviewing this course and add this comment .I am greatfull.

By Eduardo R A

Jun 15, 2020

Me gustó mucho este curso, sobre todo porque algunas unidades representaron retos para mí, ya que por momentos se complicaba un poco, tuve que leer atentamente y pensar claramente, repasar lo aprendido, consultar apuntes, reproducir el programa en appinventor, y algunas veces probarlo en el simulador o en mi teléfono celular.

Me siento preparado para desarrollar aplicaciones sencillas para dispositivos móviles.

By Daniel C

Aug 22, 2021

B​ery Informative Beginner vourse. I would hav eliked some additional help material (videos, documents, etc.) for the homeoworks and quizes after completeing them, particularly the math focused quiz.

E​verything else was good, aside from having trouble finsing specific information or how to open a new screen when someone presses a button on the app.

By boonyong c

May 17, 2021

Very good for people who want to explore how to develop an apps ...without any indepth programming language background , though having some fundamental of general programming will helps. Give you a headstart ... Some of the wording of the quiz can be confusing .. take some trial and error ...

By RAUL S V

Sep 21, 2020

Excelente curso, aprenderás conceptos técnicos y claves para realizar una aplicación segura e interesante pues la practicas que se desarrollan en el curso desarrollan las habilidades necesarias construir un APP, ojala salga un nuevo curso avanzado de App Inventor 2.

By Dinithi w

Feb 21, 2021

I learned many things regarding mobile app development from this course. Also I learned the very basics and this course had many interesting projects to do. So All together this course was fun and I got a big experience finishing this course! Thank you!

By Mich M

Aug 29, 2021

This was a very interesting and challenging course. I knew nothing about app development but after completing this course I understood quite a bit. I liked the style of the instructor and the flow of the course.

By 11816013 B A

May 21, 2021

This was a really interesting and educational course that anyone with a pc or laptop can attend. You will learn almost everything you can about the app inventor. But keep in mind that practice makes perfect.

By Diego L

Mar 11, 2020

Excelente curso para quines no tenemos experiencia en el desarrollo y programación de aplicaciones en App inventor. Ahora podre hacer proyectos con el uso de este entorno de desarrollo. Gracias!

By Reddy L

Dec 29, 2020

By Moses A

Sep 10, 2019

By deepti

Jul 8, 2019

Thank you, Teacher Leung! This course has got me familiar with all the basics of App Inventor and taught me how to use programming logic to build a simple app.

By SUNNY

some assignments and quiz need to be improved in term of their case sensitivity and format. But overall the quality and content is extremely good

By Badharudheen P

Apr 15, 2020

One of the best and simple courses I have attended in Coursera. The quizez and assignments are little bit confusing, but in overall this is good.

By Ronak S B

Jun 23, 2020

Amazing course. It is the right amount of challenging plus within reach of the learner. The questions are very well-thought-out.

By ABDÜLBASIT Ö

Oct 26, 2018

This course is quite spectacular. ıt has quizzes exciting. Thanks who prepare this course . Thaks coursera family.

By Hafiz M O N

Jun 3, 2021

This course gave me a lot enjoyment , i learned a lots of skilled , thank you so much Mr. Kenneth W T Leung

By Mansoor A

Apr 1, 2021

A very good and amazing course with a very well managed study materials. i learned a lot from this course.

By Haider A

May 30, 2021

First It was very tough for me to understand but later I try hard to achieve this goal Thanks All

By Ishmael N S A

Apr 1, 2021

The course is very challenging but gives you a practical understanding of App development .

By Ghulam A

Dec 18, 2020

This course meets my expectations and I learned Android app development very quickly.