Back to Capstone: Applying Project Management in the Real World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Capstone: Applying Project Management in the Real World by Google

In this final, capstone course of the Google Project Management Certificate, you will practice applying the project management knowledge and skills you have learned so far. We encourage learners to complete Courses 1-5 before beginning the final course, as they provide the foundation necessary to complete the activities in this course. As you progress through this course, you will “observe” a project manager in a real-world scenario and complete dozens of hands-on activities. You will: - analyze project documents to identify project requirements and evaluate stakeholders - complete a project charter and use it as a tool to align project scope and goals among stakeholders - identify tasks and milestones and document and prioritize them in a project plan - define quality management standards and explore how to effectively share qualitative data - demonstrate your project’s impact through effective reporting By the end of this course, you will have developed a portfolio of project management artifacts that will demonstrate the skills you have learned throughout the entire program, such as your ability to manage stakeholders and teams, organize plans, and communicate project details. These artifacts can exhibit your career readiness when applying for jobs in the field. To further prepare you to interview for project management jobs, you will reflect on past projects, develop an “elevator pitch,” and anticipate common interview questions. Current Google project managers will continue to instruct and provide you with the strategies, tools, and resources to meet your goals. After completing this program, you should be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as a project manager. You will also have the opportunity to claim a certification of completion badge that will be recognizable to employers....

SP
Jul 1, 2021

Excellent course content with hands on project experience by involving the users in interactive activities. I really enjoyed this course and recommend everyone to take this course.

DP
Apr 21, 2021

The activity and exercises in this capstone will make you learn all the aspect taught in professional certification course. I am happy I took this professional Certification.

1 - 25 of 82 Reviews for Capstone: Applying Project Management in the Real World

By Azmine T W

Mar 28, 2021

Great one. Though peer-review section needed to be more supervised.Many low-level submission, people are just trying to pass and get the certificate, not learn. That's not good. I will decrease values.

By thilina f

Apr 15, 2021

Good Course. But need to have a moderator or someone to make sure the peer review assignments are done right.

By ömer

Jun 9, 2021

I think the course was great. But, ı can say that the grading system is not very healthy in my experience. When I was reviewing the peer’s, I came across my submission. I thought It was a page error or something. But I realized submission was completely stolen without changing a word or dot. I reported it immediately of course.

But I may never see that and nobody could not understand that person stole it.I guess that happens a lot and I am really uncomfortable with sharing the contents now. So, I recommend changing the grading system.

-1 star for grading system

By Smirnova K S

Jun 13, 2021

О​дним из минусов курса является его странная составляющая. 8 работ, котоые оценивают люди-достаточно большой процент человеческого фактора. Такая практическая работа интересна именно после каждого блока курсов, сразу после практики и недельного теста, а так уставшие люди после долгого прохождения уже скорее хотят закончить, нежели делать реальный кейс для портфолио

By Petra F

Apr 18, 2021

This was a challenging capstone. You apply everything you learned so far and you actually feel like a real project manager! I had a lot of fun completing this specilizion. I would recommend it even if you're not a project manager. A lot of the skills you learn here are valuable and could be applied in other areas of your life

By Glenn H

Apr 11, 2021

What a fabulous course. Very in-depth, practical, and the coaches did an amazing job explaining all the different concepts. I'd recommend it to everybody starting out in the field of project management or to those who wish to brush up on their skills. I enjoyed every minute of it!

By Hussain A

Mar 29, 2021

I will recommend this professional path to everyone, its the best guide to understand the Project Management in a very flexible, updated & rich content.

By Andreas L

Apr 4, 2021

Putting everything that was learned to test in actual assignments was a great experience!

By Varsha S

Apr 15, 2021

The capstone project is really helpful to implement everything that we learnt throughout the course.

By Nguyễn H Q

Jun 27, 2021

A lot of practice exercises made me more confident in real life project

By Florent B

Jun 22, 2021

Great program! I enjoyed the lessons being taught in language that is not too technical. The hands-on assignments were of great value; though I wish we had instructors grading the assignments and provide more relevant feedback. After completing the course, I reviewed the PMI PMBoK for about a week and took the PMI CAPM exam and passed. Grateful for the Google programs! Florent

By James M

Jun 14, 2021

is a great course to get your feet wet in Project Management. This is not the same level as a PMP cert but will give you an overview of what you need to understand what people are referring to.

By Kartik K

Apr 24, 2021

A repetitive, interaction-less robotic-more conclusion!

Rating (Specialization) after (Course) 6: 2.33/5

P.S. Thanks to the team at Coursera.

P.P.S. Thanks Google, but truly expected much 'more' from the likes of you.

By Yanping W

Jul 17, 2021

It is a amazing course with thorough and well designed contents! I have finished all 6 courses and enjoyed learning so much!

I am truly grateful that Google created this course and Coursera provided the platform with such value yet with minimal cost. It only cost me $117 (I finished in less than 3 months).

Thank you Google! Thank you Coursera!

By Shurjendu D

Aug 1, 2021

Thank you so much for this course. The instructors were all great (it was nice to have different personalities and deliveries of content). Of course, the double efficacy of Google and Coursera enables students to have access to a really wide variety of resources (not only on LinkedIn but also in other students).

By Onwumere O B

May 9, 2021

The Capstone Project was perfect as it reinforced what was learnt in the previous courses leading to the Capstone. Found the interview tips as well as LinkedIn Optimization tips very useful. Highly recommended and looking forward to more professional certificate courses from Google.

By Cristina A

Apr 22, 2021

Me ha encantado el curso. A través de los 6 cursos te van guiando sobre el maravilloso mundo de la Gestión de Proyectos, tanto en la parte teórica pero sobre todo en la parte práctica. Compartiendo recomendaciones, opiniones de profesionales, etc.

By Jiljo J

Jul 10, 2021

Theory is different and Practical is different. I was really nice to see a practical scenario and tailored it to the course in a great way. Thanks for the real practical learning. Special thanks to Dan on the step by step onboarding!

By Laura M

Jun 4, 2021

I have loved the way that this course can translate across so many different industries, and that i was able to apply lessons i have learned from real life experiences to this program and how to use that going forward. awesome.

By Satish P

Jul 2, 2021

By Deepak R P

Apr 22, 2021

By Hải T M

Jul 23, 2021

Thanks so much for creating this program and meaningful studying experience. It's my pleasure to try this program and learn to become a project manager!!!

By Christopher H

Jun 21, 2021

R​eally strong foundation provided by this program. It is challenging, engaging and ultimately a great tool in your knowledge of project management.

By Seba H K

Jun 23, 2021

it was amazing to do it and it has a lot of useful information, thank you so much to give us this opportunity to learn from amazing instructors

By sean a

Jun 13, 2021

Out of the whole program the Capstone and Agile Project Management were the most useful. They were realistic, and pieced everything together.