Back to Biohacking Your Brain's Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Biohacking Your Brain's Health by Emory University

With deteriorating health, particularly brain health, occurring at a global level, this course introduces you to methods for maximizing your brain's fitness through nutrition, exercise, meditation, and sleep. We'll debunk popular myths about prescribed practices for overall health and then uncover studies from the last few decades revealing practical routines and interventions that are proven to help improve the brain. You'll also get a glimpse at the brain's structure and common brain functions, as well as a "prescription" each week of tips for improving your brain's health....

JD
Mar 10, 2019

Very useful, interesting and inspiring. Some of the things I already knew, but there were plenty historical, medical, scientific facts that enforced it and made me more confident in my knowledge.

AA
Sep 15, 2020

I have enjoyed this course from the beginning to the end, The lecturer was speaking in interesting manner that have caught my focus to the video, Overall I would recommend this course to everyone

1 - 25 of 317 Reviews for Biohacking Your Brain's Health

By Antonio P D

Feb 2, 2019

Thanks for this online course. I have learned a lot from it.

Tips to improve brain health and subsequent quality of life are provided. It's very interesting to understand how nutrition, exercise, meditation and sleep affect brain activity.

A constructive feedback: in the videos (max. 5 min) the lecturer provides a lot of useful information, such as study results, brain structures affected, etc. I think the learning experience with be improved if her descriptions are more complemented with schemes and graphs. For example: when talking about the hippocampus, frontal cortex, (etc.) a brain picture with the location of these brain structures should be presented in the video. That would make it easier to follow for beginners, like me.

By Harm t M

To be fair, I did not complete the course, so I can't say anything about the second half of the course: I quit when Dr. Benameur said that glucagon was the storage form of glucose in the liver. That is obviously false, and I do not want to risk learning any other falsehoods in this course.

By Nicole M

Dec 16, 2019

Although this was interesting, I feel like not much was new/updated. I enjoyed the teacher the most during interviews, as she seemed actually engaged and genuine then, vs a robotic during the lectures. I feel I could have mostly read this course without videos at that rate.

By subhash b k

Jan 18, 2019

In terms of content it is a great course, has lot of information, scientific, quite useful for becoming healthier. But in terms of presentation, it is just instructor reading slides. I mean you read the transcript or watch the video there is no difference. They should have done something to engage the viewers.

By Annibal G F

Sep 2, 2019

Great course! Although I have read about brain biohacking, I have learned some new information and several references from articles I did not know. Congratulations, Emory University!

By Olga S

Aug 19, 2018

Basic course. If you have some knowledge about brain health, this course won't give a significant amount of insights, yet it contains helpful links to dig deeper. The narrator is a bit monotonous, sometimes difficult to follow.

By Jonathan G

Dec 30, 2019

In the quizzes, they were asking questions that had nothing to do with the course or were related to brain health but weren't covered exhibition point

By Lauren T

May 13, 2020

Fantastic information! While very dense at times - very easy to comprehend for those not as scientifically proficient as others. If you have an interest in the brain, but are intimidated by the content - don't be! This course covers key categories in understanding brain health, accompanied by "assignments" for you to put in to practice. I loved the additional (optional) reading materials, links, and books recommended for further information. I took lots of notes and will be referencing them throughout my practice of bettering my brain's health. Rich content was provided in a very digestible way. So glad I took this course!

By Cintia C

Jan 11, 2019

I was very pleased with the content of this course. I had been looking for something that would encase nutrition, basic neuroscience, mindfulness, and disease prevention all in one, and was stoked to have found it all here.

I love the fact that this course presents plenty of scientific evidence in an easy and straightforward way, and recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning to improve their own quality of life as well as of others.

By Khawad A

Sep 16, 2020

By Jēkabs D

Mar 11, 2019

By Patatri P

Nov 12, 2020

It was a complete information package. I loved the teaching and the animations and the interviews with the expert. My learning experience was wonderful. Will recommend all to go for this course.

By Mehpara Q

Mar 31, 2019

Thank you the course is very helpful not only for professionals but also for a common man trying to improve mental and physical health. Looking forward for more such courses. Regards

By Lynnette C

Jan 11, 2019

I'm almost done auditing this course, found it extremely helpful and informative. It really moved me into incorporating the MSBR practice in my daily pursuits.

By Daniel M

Dec 5, 2018

I loved this course and specially the subjects that were discussed. However i think that the tests should involve some kind of essay and peer-graded assignment, as i found that such

assignments requires you to study more and respectively acquire a deeper understanding of the subjects.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to take this course!

By rachel r

Mar 25, 2020

The course is packed with excellent information delivered in simple, clear terms. I learned a lot and enjoyed the material. However, the professor is reading the lectures out loud, so they move very quickly. I often ended up just reading them myself rather than listening to the lecture. It would be great on the next class for it to be taught more like an in-person course, perhaps with some slides and the professor more informally explaining the concepts. Keep the content the same. Again, great content, covers a ton, expert prof, glad I took it, but there's room to improve on the delivery.

By A. E H

Jun 25, 2019

Interesting information to keep you up to date. It was a shame that I had to pay for the quizzes otherwise it would be completed. Thank your very much :)

By J-Man

May 8, 2019

Has some good information, though the delivery is pretty basic and course is very breif

By Bálint N

Jun 17, 2020

Though it was strange sometimes that the presenter does not looks into the camera but reads from below it, this was quickly forgotten because of the clear presentation, the huge amount of research gathered and presented and the overall structure of the course.

Starting from assumptions, through evidences and clinical result each time you are led to a conclusion on what type of activities, meal plan(s) or sleeping habits can help you for a better functioning brain and less chance for illnesses - and within this not only for your brain, but for depression, inflammation etc. This is then supported with plenty of reading, with links to the studies and much more. This is how a really scientific based university course should be structured.

Nothing is forced, it's presented, and then it is at the end left to you to decide how and what you apply to your everyday life.

Well done. Thank you.

By Nikos K

Feb 18, 2021

Really interesting, exciting and informative course. The videos are comprehensible, yet full of information, and the reading material is well-searched and gives you the right tools to gain knowledge from this course. The vast research done for this course to be created is easy to see even after the first week. The course is well structured and the reading material gives you the chance to really expand your knowledge on the subject if you are willing to go the extra mile in studying them.

By Sabrina

Oct 15, 2019

I audited this course. I do not have a medical background as such but I enjoy and passionate to know about preventive measures to slow down age related cognitive decline, to improve memory etc.

This course surpassed my expectation. In 4 short weeks she explains very well citing the studies, research to go over the various dietary trends to improve brain health, practices to improve sleep.

I found the presentation style very engaging, easy to understand.

Thank you !

By Nurkhan

Jan 20, 2021

This course provides a lot of valuable information on how to change yourself, your brain. Now, after passing the course I know a lot more about things that seem to be common, but they aren't. I used to think that sleep is easy process and only melatonin participates in there, but now I know that it's much more complicated process, where a lot of other process and neurotransmitters are involved.

Thanks to the Karima and everyone who took part in making this course.

By Sunaina S

Really informative. The explanations are simplified and made understandable.

It's taught me how simple things such as diet, sleep, exercise and meditation can have a major toll on our mental and physical health. Also how simple changes can help us live a healthier life, away from the risks of diseases and disorders.

Basically many of the deadly health issues are mainly caused by the lack of self-care and it's up to us to take the precautionary methods.

By Hisako F

May 22, 2019

This course is helpful for me to change my mind of exercise, brain disorders and diet and it gave me an opportunity to share the knowledge with my family and friends and to discuss of it. Here in Japan, aged people are increasing and Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare reported one of five aged, over 65 years, person would get dementia by 2025. We face a lot of issues of aged people. I would like to catch up with that fields.

By Sai C A

Oct 29, 2018

Lovely course, I was hooked. Im supposed to be preparing for my GRE big time and yet I couldn't stop myself. I just wanted to know more. Prof was on point and covered everything very in an insightful manner. Would definitely sign up for more classes from her. Thank you so much for putting this material together for us ma'am, please never stop sharing your knowledge. I would love to do more coursers similar to these on coursera.