Back to Bookkeeping Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bookkeeping Basics by Intuit

This is the first course in a series of four that will give you the skills needed to start your career in bookkeeping. If you have a passion for helping clients solve problems, this course is for you. In this course, you will be introduced to the role of a bookkeeper and learn what bookkeeping professionals do every day. You will dive into the accounting concepts and terms that will provide the foundation for the next three courses. You will learn how to work your way through the accounting cycle and be able to read and produce key financial statements. By the end of this course, you will be able to: -Define accounting and the concepts of accounting measurement -Explain the role of a bookkeeper and common bookkeeping tasks and responsibilities -Summarize the double entry accounting method -Explain the ethical and social responsibilities of bookkeepers in ensuring the integrity of financial information. No previous bookkeeping or accounting experience required....

L
Jul 19, 2021

Thank you Intuit for putting together an interactive bookkeeping course this is helpful

MS
Jul 17, 2021

Thank you Intuit for putting together an interactive bookkeeping course

1 - 25 of 44 Reviews for Bookkeeping Basics

By Joshua L

Jun 17, 2021

This was a great refresher on the basics of Bookkeeping. The only reason I would not give it a 5 star rating, is that some of the practice modules did not work properly and some of the videos did not cover the topic it stated.

By Ahmad M

Jun 26, 2021

This course is not for beginners .If you have complete knowledge of Accounting then this course is for you

By Leah P

Jul 5, 2021

I loved this course right through to the final project. However, once I got to the quiz at the end (that used the information from my final project) I found that several of the quiz answers seemed to require a different data set than the one I had been provided for the final project. Starting with the first question, the correct answer was not an option. Since answering the first question was a crap shoot and not based on the same data I had access to, at least 2 other questions would be nearly impossible to get correct since they rely on the answer to the first question. This was frustrating and disappointing and made me question the quality of the entire course. I see that another reviewer commented on the same experience. I hope that it gets reviewed and revised.

By Timothy R

Jul 8, 2021

Overall, a good introductory or refresher course for entry bookkeeping. If I had to provide a critique, the final case study did not require the excel workbook to be formatted correctly but the ending quiz associated with it did. You should have formatting aligned for both test and case study to streamline the experience for students (don't flip flop formats).

By luanna G

Jun 22, 2021

A great introduction to Bookkeeping Basics

By Christopher M

Jul 2, 2021

Overall, I enjoyed this course. It was a good refresher/introduction for the beginning of an Accounting 1 class from an undergraduate degree in business. There were some mistakes that included questions with right answeres marked wrong, mistatements and some typos. In addition, some material was not covered in videos or readings but appeared on tests. Some of the material and jargon used was out of the scope of the course and other material was talked about in such a way that it was introduced already, but was not included until later sections of the course. The Excel workbook for the final project was a mess with formatting issues that took extra time to sort out. I would still recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn the basics of accounting, because it has an easy going entertaining presentation style without fluff. It's definately worth the time spent and the knowledge can be applied drectly to a bookkeeping job.

By Kari C

Jun 28, 2021

Could provide more hands on practice and better explanation about which accounts to choose, but a good comprehensive tool to learn the bookkeeping basics fairly quickly.

By Paula L

Jul 2, 2021

The Case Study was extremely difficult. The data given seemed incorrect!

By Zulay p R

Jul 4, 2021

Easy to follow and the content was presented in an engaging way.

By Anna L N

Jul 11, 2021

Very helpful. The course was lined up perfectly. Thank you.

By Rebecca M

Jun 25, 2021

Great so far! Information could have been presented in a better way but still great overall.

By Marie R

Jul 13, 2021

I thought the course would have had more hands on practice. It was a lot of relevant theory, just wished there was more hands on practice.

By christine S

Jul 8, 2021

Not what I thought it was

By Tia C S

Jul 20, 2021

Well, at this point there are too many mistakes in this material and I would not even give this course one start but i had to in order to submit this message. This could be a problem down the road if someone fails the final test after paying 149.00 I plan to continue this course but these problem must be fixed.

By Laura V

Jul 7, 2021

Excellent basic course in the general accounting principles needed to perform as a bookkeeper for small business. Explains complicated concepts in an easy to understand way, broken up into small chunks of time. Engaging videos and examples combined with hands-on practice make this a worthwhile course!

By Diego E

Jul 4, 2021

So far this is one of the best courses I have taken on Coursera. The content is engaging and it sticks. I even surprised myself by how well I did on the quizzes. Definitely give the voice actress more gigs, Bianca is an excellent teacher :)

By Hope B

Jul 11, 2021

I think this was a great beginner's course to breakdown some initial bookkeeping concepts. I was able to use some of the knowledge I learned already on the job and excited to dive into the next set of certification modules.

By Mayda A

Jul 10, 2021

Even though I have taken college accounting courses, I learned a new, easier way to do things here. A bookkeeper's perspective is a little different from an accountants, so I am so grateful to have had this course!

By Toni B R

Jul 21, 2021

This course helped me get a better grasp of the basics, and made me really work to figure out where I was going wrong in my transactional accounting.

By Malise G

Jul 20, 2021

I like that this course is Intuit's, and you are learning bookkeeping with their expectations of your understanding.

By Laura B

By Hassan A

Jul 14, 2021

i feel honoured to be issued with certificate. looking forward to learn more.

By Michelle S

Jul 18, 2021

Thank you Intuit for putting together an interactive bookkeeping course

By Shamshad A

Jul 8, 2021

it is so helpful, I have learned many things that I did not know.