Back to Social Norms, Social Change II

Social Norms, Social Change II, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

This course is Part 2 of the Social Norms, Social Change series. In this course, we will examine social change, the tools we may use to enact change, and put into practice all we have learned in Part 1. See Social Norms, Social Change Part I at this link: https://coursera.org/learn/norms This course covers scripts and schemas, the cognitive structures in which social expectations are embedded, and their relationship with social norms. The course then examines the essentials of norm abandonment, including the relations between personal beliefs and social expectations. We will also evaluate existing intervention strategies, including legal reforms, information campaigns, economic incentives, and group deliberations. Finally, we look at a variety of tools policy makers may use to effect change, highlight the role of trendsetters in social change, and explore the conditions under which they can be successful. The course is a joint Penn-UNICEF project." Please see the following link for a 30% discount on the book that accompanies this course: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/9780190622053/?cc=us&lang=en&promocode=AAFLYG6...

By ES

Oct 08, 2017

I absolutely loved this course. One issue I would like to point out though is that there are mistakes in the transcripts (for example, instead of trendsetter, the word, transactor appears often).

By SM

Aug 05, 2017

This course is outstanding . I love it and i haven't been boring of any section of it..\n\nIt is good to know how can one social norm can effects the community and how can we avoid doing it

43 Reviews

By Maria Angeliki Mitsaki

Mar 07, 2019

It was very useful for me. An excellent course.

By Catherine Hess

Mar 05, 2019

You have to work hard and pay attention in this class, but I think the information is very valuable, and you can tell that the professor is very knowledgeable about her field.

By Isabella Guabello

Feb 20, 2019

Very useful course, well designed and with many references!

By Lorena Guadalupe Núñez Vázquez

Nov 15, 2018

Brilliant, fascinating subjet!

By NDJOCK BIONG ANDRE CHRISTIAN

Oct 30, 2018

Ce cours m'a permis de maitriser davantage les normes et les changements sociaux

By Hassan Ahmed Alzahrani

Sep 28, 2018

Thanks

By Nasser

Sep 16, 2018

it gave me very helpful ideas about how to change social norms

By Kamal Hussien

Jul 05, 2018

this training is superb in the personal and professional development .

By Khaing Kyaw Nyo

May 22, 2018

Great course to learn. I think my time that I spent for this course is worth. Thank you very much Cristina.

By Ahmed Mustafa Elnour