Back to Social Norms, Social Change II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Norms, Social Change II by University of Pennsylvania

This course is Part 2 of the Social Norms, Social Change series. In this course, we will examine social change, the tools we may use to enact change, and put into practice all we have learned in Part 1. See Social Norms, Social Change Part I at this link: https://coursera.org/learn/norms This course covers scripts and schemas, the cognitive structures in which social expectations are embedded, and their relationship with social norms. The course then examines the essentials of norm abandonment, including the relations between personal beliefs and social expectations. We will also evaluate existing intervention strategies, including legal reforms, information campaigns, economic incentives, and group deliberations. Finally, we look at a variety of tools policy makers may use to effect change, highlight the role of trendsetters in social change, and explore the conditions under which they can be successful. The course is a joint Penn-UNICEF project." Please see the following link for a 30% discount on the book that accompanies this course: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/9780190622053/?cc=us&lang=en&promocode=AAFLYG6...

ES

Oct 08, 2017

I absolutely loved this course. One issue I would like to point out though is that there are mistakes in the transcripts (for example, instead of trendsetter, the word, transactor appears often).

SM

Aug 05, 2017

This course is outstanding . I love it and i haven't been boring of any section of it..\n\nIt is good to know how can one social norm can effects the community and how can we avoid doing it

1 - 25 of 47 Reviews for Social Norms, Social Change II

By Daseul K

Jun 12, 2019

It was very good lecture which is practical and could broaden the horizon. Thank you!

By Пресич П А

Jun 02, 2019

Great!

By Bernadine

May 27, 2019

This course was a welcome challenge. It opened my eyes to many aspects of society which I was not aware of. I enjoyed it immensely. I enjoyed the lectures and the level of difficulty presented.

My Instructor Cristina Bichieri was excellent in imparting knowledge and made the course very interesting. I would recommend anyone to take this course.

I thank you for affording me the opportunity to take this course and I would not hesitate to take any other course conducted by Cristina.

By Xiaoyu H

Mar 29, 2019

It is quite good!

By Maria A M

Mar 07, 2019

It was very useful for me. An excellent course.

By Catherine H

Mar 05, 2019

You have to work hard and pay attention in this class, but I think the information is very valuable, and you can tell that the professor is very knowledgeable about her field.

By Isabella G

Feb 20, 2019

Very useful course, well designed and with many references!

By Lorena G N V

Nov 15, 2018

Brilliant, fascinating subjet!

By NDJOCK B A C

Oct 30, 2018

Ce cours m'a permis de maitriser davantage les normes et les changements sociaux

By Hassan A A

Sep 28, 2018

Thanks

By Nasser

Sep 16, 2018

it gave me very helpful ideas about how to change social norms

By Kamal H

Jul 05, 2018

this training is superb in the personal and professional development .

By Khaing K N

May 22, 2018

Great course to learn. I think my time that I spent for this course is worth. Thank you very much Cristina.

By Ahmed M E

Mar 07, 2018

Best Course Ever in Behavioural Change and Behavioural C

By Rajah B

Feb 20, 2018

A fantastic course creating a structure out of observing social norms and methodically implementing social change. The course has an incredible depth its information, especially with its real-life success stories and failures in social change. Immensely enjoyable and highly recommended to anyone interested in social reform and the social sciences.

By Simon L

Dec 28, 2017

Generally a very interesting course, the later part particularly dealing with Trendsetters would have benefitted from more examples - to enlighten the theory.

By Tithal P

Oct 30, 2017

Very well designed course. The combination videos and notes really helped to understand the concepts with examples.

By Diego P L

Oct 30, 2017

Accesible language and well ordered contents. Natural continuation of course I. It expands the topic and install new horizons to study and explore. I can see many useful applications, from norm's socioeducation to strategies design for social change. Highly recommendable.

By Alvaro C

Oct 29, 2017

Great continuation to Social Norms Social Change I, goes more into actionable identification and evaluation techniques.

By Issa M C

Oct 19, 2017

well organized, information straight to point, with clear simple examples, eventhough the course was full of terms but it was explained in very simple English.

By Eisha S

Oct 08, 2017

By Gonzalo d C

Aug 29, 2017

I really appreciate the opportunity to had made this course. I think it will be very useful in my work in international development practice. I also take this opportunity to thank Cristina Bicchieri for share her knowledge and for her style to do so.

By Audra B

Aug 21, 2017

excellent!

By F A M

Aug 16, 2017

that was perfect corse for me

By RICARDO D C M

Aug 14, 2017

The content of the course was quite informative and it conveyed its content clearly. It was a nice overview of what social norms, and social change are without being overwhelming. I recommend this course to anyone interested in how some NGO's like UNICEF work and how they astrive for norm changes within the communities that they work with. It provided great examples and further readings to anyone interested more in the topic.