Back to Social Norms, Social Change II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Norms, Social Change II by University of Pennsylvania

This course is Part 2 of the Social Norms, Social Change series. In this course, we will examine social change, the tools we may use to enact change, and put into practice all we have learned in Part 1. See Social Norms, Social Change Part I at this link: https://coursera.org/learn/norms This course covers scripts and schemas, the cognitive structures in which social expectations are embedded, and their relationship with social norms. The course then examines the essentials of norm abandonment, including the relations between personal beliefs and social expectations. We will also evaluate existing intervention strategies, including legal reforms, information campaigns, economic incentives, and group deliberations. Finally, we look at a variety of tools policy makers may use to effect change, highlight the role of trendsetters in social change, and explore the conditions under which they can be successful. The course is a joint Penn-UNICEF project." Please see the following link for a 30% discount on the book that accompanies this course: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/9780190622053/?cc=us&lang=en&promocode=AAFLYG6...

ES
Oct 7, 2017

I absolutely loved this course. One issue I would like to point out though is that there are mistakes in the transcripts (for example, instead of trendsetter, the word, transactor appears often).

SM
Aug 4, 2017

This course is outstanding . I love it and i haven't been boring of any section of it..\n\nIt is good to know how can one social norm can effects the community and how can we avoid doing it

26 - 50 of 86 Reviews for Social Norms, Social Change II

By Khaing K N

May 22, 2018

Great course to learn. I think my time that I spent for this course is worth. Thank you very much Cristina.

By Dženana Š H

Jan 27, 2017

Amazing course! I've learnt so much from it, gained some new perspectives and enjoyed all of the lectures.

By Upen S

Nov 8, 2020

This course has been crucial in carrying out my development work in a remote village in Nepal. Thank you!

By Roger

Mar 7, 2021

More dense and rich in example than the first part. A course that will challenge your expectation!s

By Victorena I A D

Mar 25, 2020

Very helpful course with lots of examples that help concretize the theories/models being explained

By Zoya C

Jul 16, 2017

Extremely helpful for any person working in organisations that aim to change harmful social norms.

By Iuliia B

Oct 20, 2020

a very useful course for activists, NGOs and others interested in norm changes of the society

By Abdiel K

Mar 21, 2017

This course is a capacity strengthening one for civil society operators, quite enlightening

By Jeannette C M

Feb 4, 2021

very well put together, nice testimonials that allow to understand the topics in-depth.

By Chrysi D

Feb 1, 2017

Excellent, very well structured with equal info on theory and practice from the field!

By Daseul K

Jun 12, 2019

It was very good lecture which is practical and could broaden the horizon. Thank you!

By Nicoletta S

Apr 25, 2017

Extraordinary, expecially for the updated content and innovative way of communication

By NDJOCK B A C

Oct 30, 2018

Ce cours m'a permis de maitriser davantage les normes et les changements sociaux

By Kamal H

Jul 4, 2018

this training is superb in the personal and professional development .

By nicholas c

Feb 5, 2020

Engaging material and a personable instructor, great experience.

By Robert B S M

Dec 31, 2019

Outstanding. I learned much more than I had imagined I would.

By Nasser

Sep 16, 2018

it gave me very helpful ideas about how to change social norms

By Le T

The content is impeccable but the subtitle is plainly wrong.

By Isabella G

Feb 20, 2019

Very useful course, well designed and with many references!

By Ahmed M E

Mar 7, 2018

Best Course Ever in Behavioural Change and Behavioural C

By Esra E

Aug 6, 2017

I've learned and enjoyed this course to the maximum!

By Haroon A

Jul 20, 2019

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw course , helpful wonderful

By Maria A M

Mar 7, 2019

It was very useful for me. An excellent course.

By Nahum J A

Sep 1, 2020

the course is just right for educational used

By SEHRISH S K

Oct 16, 2019

a good course, comprehensvie and well taught.