Back to Social Norms, Social Change II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Norms, Social Change II by University of Pennsylvania

This course is Part 2 of the Social Norms, Social Change series. In this course, we will examine social change, the tools we may use to enact change, and put into practice all we have learned in Part 1. See Social Norms, Social Change Part I at this link: https://coursera.org/learn/norms This course covers scripts and schemas, the cognitive structures in which social expectations are embedded, and their relationship with social norms. The course then examines the essentials of norm abandonment, including the relations between personal beliefs and social expectations. We will also evaluate existing intervention strategies, including legal reforms, information campaigns, economic incentives, and group deliberations. Finally, we look at a variety of tools policy makers may use to effect change, highlight the role of trendsetters in social change, and explore the conditions under which they can be successful. The course is a joint Penn-UNICEF project." Please see the following link for a 30% discount on the book that accompanies this course: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/9780190622053/?cc=us&lang=en&promocode=AAFLYG6...

ES

Oct 08, 2017

I absolutely loved this course. One issue I would like to point out though is that there are mistakes in the transcripts (for example, instead of trendsetter, the word, transactor appears often).

SM

Aug 05, 2017

This course is outstanding . I love it and i haven't been boring of any section of it..\n\nIt is good to know how can one social norm can effects the community and how can we avoid doing it

26 - 50 of 72 Reviews for Social Norms, Social Change II

By Abdiel K

Mar 21, 2017

This course is a capacity strengthening one for civil society operators, quite enlightening

By Chrysi D

Feb 01, 2017

Excellent, very well structured with equal info on theory and practice from the field!

By Daseul K

Jun 12, 2019

It was very good lecture which is practical and could broaden the horizon. Thank you!

By Nicoletta S

Apr 25, 2017

Extraordinary, expecially for the updated content and innovative way of communication

By NDJOCK B A C

Oct 30, 2018

Ce cours m'a permis de maitriser davantage les normes et les changements sociaux

By Kamal H

Jul 05, 2018

this training is superb in the personal and professional development .

By nicholas c

Feb 05, 2020

Engaging material and a personable instructor, great experience.

By Robert B S M

Dec 31, 2019

Outstanding. I learned much more than I had imagined I would.

By Nasser

Sep 16, 2018

it gave me very helpful ideas about how to change social norms

By LE H T

The content is impeccable but the subtitle is plainly wrong.

By Isabella G

Feb 20, 2019

Very useful course, well designed and with many references!

By Ahmed M E

Mar 07, 2018

Best Course Ever in Behavioural Change and Behavioural C

By Esra E

Aug 06, 2017

I've learned and enjoyed this course to the maximum!

By Haroon A

Jul 20, 2019

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw course , helpful wonderful

By Maria A M

Mar 07, 2019

It was very useful for me. An excellent course.

By SEHRISH S K

Oct 16, 2019

a good course, comprehensvie and well taught.

By Richie P

Dec 06, 2019

The most helpful course that I've taken yet.

By Gabrielle D

May 27, 2017

Great actionable knowledge. Very well done !

By Olha K

Jul 30, 2017

Really useful and connected to practice!

By Dean M

Oct 27, 2019

All the lectures were excellent.

By Lorena G N V

Nov 15, 2018

Brilliant, fascinating subjet!

By F A M

Aug 16, 2017

that was perfect corse for me

By Raz M k

Dec 04, 2016

It was an amazing experience.

By Utkarsh G

Mar 12, 2017

A very interesting course.

By Sudeep B S