Back to Creativity Toolkit I: Changing Perspectives

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creativity Toolkit I: Changing Perspectives by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Thinking and doing the same things faster and better is not enough; we need creativity. Fortunately, creativity is a skill you can learn. This course will examine when, why, and how we can be creative. It examines the cues that trigger us to consider being creative. It provides a road map of the creative process – the process of changing our perspectives – and the kinds of outcomes that result from creativity. It examines how we can go through the creative process more efficiently and more effectively by examining what is changing about our thinking and how we can make those changes. The end result is more flexible thinking that can be used to recognize and develop new opportunities....

SP

Jun 17, 2020

Excellent! Well structured. Coursera is a great platform. The professors are engaging and seem to really care about their students. I learned a lot over the last 4 modules.

LR

Sep 30, 2020

This course is simply AMAZING, I have learned so much! Thank you! One thing though: Santos Dummont was the one who invented the airplane, you may want to correct that.

101 - 118 of 118 Reviews for Creativity Toolkit I: Changing Perspectives

By R. R

Apr 14, 2020

G

By VIKRAM S

Jan 29, 2020

By Sunny S

Oct 22, 2020

To explain the concept in most lessons very simple examples were given, I would rather have recent and little bit more advanced examples. Overall a very good course, and really liked the two-person interviewing style presentation. It keeps the learner engaged, which is one of the big challenge in the online learning mode. At last the concept of PAGES is little confusing, I believe it could be repackaged/redefined.

By Tommaso L P

Mar 10, 2019

I enjoyed this third course in the Innovation: form Creativity to Entrepreneurship series very much, as much as the two first ones! I particularly appreciated the format of the assignments, which really helped me think in a more creative way about my current project on clean meat. Congrats!

By Steven M

Oct 14, 2018

Enjoyable class with versatile content that can apply to business or personal creativity. There's a core of useful information, but probably more repetition than needed. The professors are animated and interesting, but the dialog format isn't as concise and efficient in terms of time.

By Marianne G

Sep 12, 2020

This short course does offer up some interesting tools for changing the way to think about things. And the readings they suggest i really liked. Definitely worth checking out if you are facing some road blocks and want to learn some new tricks for changing perspective!

By Busisiwe M

Sep 12, 2020

The module provided me with very practical tools I can utilize to move beyond the current perspective into a more creative space. I am looking forward to implementing these tools.

By Kristen M

Jun 09, 2019

The professors put a ton of effort and passion into this course. The videos are little too long and they speak slowly, so I recommend setting the speed to 1.25x.

By Mariana I

Dec 05, 2018

Do not actually like when there two persons in the same video talking, too much "right" "right" "right"

By Sanskar D

Aug 02, 2020

Well structured content with appropriate focus on concept and example.Thank you for the course

By Adrian H

Jul 05, 2017

Very entertaining and informative lectures, but the assignments were a bit dull.

By Bencherki M

Apr 06, 2020

Leaned a lot from the class, worth the time spent

By Narendra P

Sep 19, 2020

good

By MADUFORO S A

Aug 11, 2020

GOOD

By Jennifer N

Jun 12, 2018

The class is taught primarily by watching 2 professors have a dialogue on creative topics. I feel like I am observing a conversation and trying to learn from it rather than being taught concepts and being provided examples. They also introduce a tool called PAGES. I wasn't able to find any information about this on the internet so I am assuming it is a tool that was designed by the professors. I find it helpful in some ways and creatively stifling in other ways. I find this class more of a "YouTube" style of learning versus a true MBA level class. I think the professors are very intelligent and there are great morsels to grab, but I think this class should be redesigned with one professor. The objectives and concepts should be more clear; definitions and examples need to be less ambiguous.

By François G

Dec 15, 2017

Interesting course for understanding the levers for becoming innovative.

The videos a very long though: the course could benefit from shorters videos, going quicker to the point with less conversation bewteen the two teachers

By Nishant C

Aug 08, 2017

For major part of the course, only thing taught was the required shift in perspective. I would have liked more examples and ways to apply these learnings.

By Sitendu R

Sep 28, 2020

very weak theory, poor course, waste of time