Back to Creativity Toolkit I: Changing Perspectives

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creativity Toolkit I: Changing Perspectives by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Thinking and doing the same things faster and better is not enough for innovation; we need creativity. Fortunately, creativity is a skill you can learn. This course will examine when, why, and how you can be creative so you can go through the creative process more efficiently and effectively. It teaches concrete steps to enable you to change your perspective to see new possibilities and solutions. It clarifies what to expect from the creative process and provides support for how you can sustain your progress. It also provides guidance on leading a supportive culture for creativity. The result is an ability to increase your own creativity and that of your teams and organizations so as to recognize and develop new opportunities. You will be able to: - Identify and generate opportunities to be creative and launch the innovation process - Intentionally and confidently enter and proceed through the creative process - Foster and sustain the creativity of others This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

SP

Excellent! Well structured. Coursera is a great platform. The professors are engaging and seem to really care about their students. I learned a lot over the last 4 modules.

CO
Apr 28, 2021

I really enjoyed this course - the instructors were fantastic and the case studies they shared to help drive the concepts home/make them real to us were great. Thank you!

126 - 143 of 143 Reviews for Creativity Toolkit I: Changing Perspectives

By Steven M

Oct 14, 2018

Enjoyable class with versatile content that can apply to business or personal creativity. There's a core of useful information, but probably more repetition than needed. The professors are animated and interesting, but the dialog format isn't as concise and efficient in terms of time.

By Marianne G

Sep 12, 2020

This short course does offer up some interesting tools for changing the way to think about things. And the readings they suggest i really liked. Definitely worth checking out if you are facing some road blocks and want to learn some new tricks for changing perspective!

By Vjaceslavs L

Dec 10, 2020

Very valuable course to understand an inner mechanism of creativity. At the same time the core idea about the creativity structure and tools is rather short and compact, so I found the course had bit too much repeating and could be performed in faster pace.

By Busisiwe M

Sep 12, 2020

The module provided me with very practical tools I can utilize to move beyond the current perspective into a more creative space. I am looking forward to implementing these tools.

By Kristen M

Jun 9, 2019

The professors put a ton of effort and passion into this course. The videos are little too long and they speak slowly, so I recommend setting the speed to 1.25x.

By Mariana I

Dec 5, 2018

Do not actually like when there two persons in the same video talking, too much "right" "right" "right"

By Sanskar D

Aug 2, 2020

Well structured content with appropriate focus on concept and example.Thank you for the course

By Adrian H

Jul 5, 2017

Very entertaining and informative lectures, but the assignments were a bit dull.

By Bencherki M

Apr 6, 2020

Leaned a lot from the class, worth the time spent

By Silvana s z

Dec 15, 2020

I enjoyed the course. Thank you

By Narendra P

Sep 19, 2020

good

By MADUFORO S A

Aug 11, 2020

GOOD

By Jennifer N

Jun 11, 2018

The class is taught primarily by watching 2 professors have a dialogue on creative topics. I feel like I am observing a conversation and trying to learn from it rather than being taught concepts and being provided examples. They also introduce a tool called PAGES. I wasn't able to find any information about this on the internet so I am assuming it is a tool that was designed by the professors. I find it helpful in some ways and creatively stifling in other ways. I find this class more of a "YouTube" style of learning versus a true MBA level class. I think the professors are very intelligent and there are great morsels to grab, but I think this class should be redesigned with one professor. The objectives and concepts should be more clear; definitions and examples need to be less ambiguous.

By Douglas P

Jan 22, 2021

Im not saying the two giving the class are confusing but in true they are. Its a bad combination .. When each of them are alone they are super and very smart Teachers but the joking back and forth is not as witty as they think for other but rather confusing

By François G

Dec 15, 2017

Interesting course for understanding the levers for becoming innovative.

The videos a very long though: the course could benefit from shorters videos, going quicker to the point with less conversation bewteen the two teachers

By Nishant C

Aug 8, 2017

For major part of the course, only thing taught was the required shift in perspective. I would have liked more examples and ways to apply these learnings.

By Alex B

Jan 10, 2021

personally didn't like this course because of the archaic framework were suggested

By Sitendu R

Sep 27, 2020

very weak theory, poor course, waste of time