Back to Ordered Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ordered Data Structures by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn new data structures for efficiently storing and retrieving data that is structured in an ordered sequence. Such data includes an alphabetical list of names, a family tree, a calendar of events or an inventory organized by part numbers. The specific data structures covered by this course include arrays, linked lists, queues, stacks, trees, binary trees, AVL trees, B-trees and heaps. This course also shows, through algorithm complexity analysis, how these structures enable the fastest algorithms to search and sort data....

HN

Aug 25, 2019

My favorite Coursera specialization! Responsive staff, lectures are very clear, assignments are both challenging and educational (closely related to lecture materials). Thank you!

YL

Nov 07, 2019

Good coverage. The lecturer and teaching stuff are knowledgeable and helpful. Would be better if the slides can have more details.

1 - 25 of 29 Reviews for Ordered Data Structures

By Yuyuan L

Nov 07, 2019

By Dmitry V

Apr 07, 2019

Great course - well balanced and structured, no issues with grader, great support from instructors. THANK YOU!

By Amar R

Apr 28, 2019

Quite an experience! thanks for this course!

By Randall S

May 06, 2019

Good course for the first time around. Can only get better.

By Michael V

Aug 04, 2019

It's a great course with challenging but practical coding applications.

By Avraam T

Aug 19, 2019

Instructor provides very clear explanations of the topics. Even though pace is relatively fast, it is not difficult to understand things. In addition, staff monitors forums, and responds to posts very actively. Highly recommended.

By Hassan N

By Venkatesh M

Aug 25, 2019

Excellent course content as always, coupled with an engaging and lively instructor and helpful teaching staff!

By Ravi K

Aug 27, 2019

Very good and challenging course. The assignment is too good to understand the logic and classes taught about.

By Jonathan I

very good

By Michael R

very nice- borat voice

By Dennis S H L

Oct 03, 2019

The lectures are excellent and easy to understand.

By DorothyJi

Oct 03, 2019

the instructor is absolutely great!

By Adil A

Oct 03, 2019

I really like this course... The teacher is excellent, he has a very good teaching style and provides excellent and in-depth explanations... The assignments are very well-thought out... They put a lot of effort into making the assignments manageable and not too intimidating while allowing us to do cool things so we can get the gist of things... The course content is also really good... The teacher covers a lot of the relevant material and in a very good way... I'm very happy with the instructor, the content and the assignments...

By Chris S

LOVE IT!

Instructor is very helpful, and the course work is well structured.

By Hovannes J

Sep 25, 2019

Challenging set of problems and good exercises to further practice C++.

By Joel S

Nov 19, 2019

This course challenged me, and I had to really grind on some of the problems; however, I feel I'm really expanding my CS knowledge with every new lesson. Enjoying it, and looking forward to the final section.

By Kai J Z

Nov 16, 2019

Awesome course. The instructor's teaching is great. It makes me want to keep on complete all the video.

By Guo L

Nov 22, 2019

I like the way the professor taught.. Very helpful!

By Harsh B K

Oct 21, 2019

Awesome Course ...

By 江祖榮

Oct 21, 2019

Great course with intuitive guidance and example explanation.

By Teo J

Dec 02, 2019

This is not as easy as it at first seems, but so worth it.

By Michael S

Apr 28, 2019

The lecture material and assignments provide a good overview. It's difficult enough to be a challenge for those who can grasp software engineering topics and well-supported with a lot of code and automated challenge question tools plus automated grading of more involved coding assigments. I would recommend supplementary reading and research as the lecturer takes some specific tangents that leave out some general cases. By the end of the course, I gained an appreciation for ordered data structures that I believe will be applicable in modern software development, including my current employment.

By Justin M

Nov 04, 2019

Great course. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Again, I wish there was more than 1 programming exercise in the class as practice coding these objects is essential. I only wish we had more challenges to code these structures rather than simply picking up with heavily commented, pre-coded objects.

By Vladimir N

Sep 30, 2019

i've audited this course. It was very useful and interesting for me. Thanks.