Back to Mastering the Software Engineering Interview

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mastering the Software Engineering Interview by University of California San Diego

You’ve hit a major milestone as a computer scientist and are becoming a capable programmer. You now know how to solve problems, write algorithms, and analyze solutions; and you have a wealth of tools (like data structures) at your disposal. You may now be ready for an internship or (possibly) an entry-level software engineering job. But can you land the internship/job? It depends in part on how well you can solve new technical problems and communicate during interviews. How can you get better at this? Practice! With the support of Google’s recruiting and engineering teams we’ve provided tips, examples, and practice opportunities in this course that may help you with a number of tech companies. We’ll assist you to organize into teams to practice. Lastly, we’ll give you basic job search advice, and tips for succeeding once you’re on the job....

MH

May 17, 2016

I found this course is very useful. It covers all of the important points of facing technology job interview, even including how to deal with psychological emotions and build strong growth mindset.

JC

Jul 19, 2017

I learned a LOT more than I thought I would. Practicing mock interviews while recording myself put me in a completely different mindset and let me know how much I need more practice.

1 - 25 of 86 Reviews for Mastering the Software Engineering Interview

By Mark C

Sep 18, 2017

I got the software engineering position! This is a great resource. Going through this class improved my interviewing skills. It is a great insight into what employers are looking for. It worked! It is a great resource for the over 50 finding himself unemployed type person, as well as for college students etc.

By Selen T

Dec 27, 2018

This course is really useful. I had several bad interview experiences and now I can see the whole picture, whole mistakes and the TODO's. Thank you for the instructors and the everyone who made this possible.

By Noah D G

Mar 08, 2019

I just wanted to say that you guys were amazing. You have inspired me to learn and take leaps far beyond what I ever expected I could achieve. Course 4 was a well tailored preparation course for the software interview, a course I wish had been a part of my computer science curriculum at university. Thank you very much.

By Natasa

Mar 23, 2019

Exceptional prep for interviewing. I learned so much. Great skills for life. Thank you so much!

By Rafael M

Feb 08, 2016

Guys, I'm flying overseas on Feb 17th to a life changing interview, and although I worked in companies like BearingPoint, CSC and IBM, interviews in Brazil are not even close to the process I'm going through. The methodologies that you cover in this course matches, at least so far, the phases that I've passed. I feel much more self-assured now.

By Gábor C

Jul 25, 2016

Good course!

By Yubo T

Aug 06, 2017

very constructive advices and tips for people who wanna landing on a software engineering position

By Serene S

May 10, 2016

Practical and very useful for job hunting.

By Shivendra A

Apr 03, 2016

Good course for freshers.

By Pavel R

Feb 07, 2017

excellent course!

By anudeep b

Jan 07, 2017

Helped a lot with my interview preparation.

By Sanathkumar N

Mar 01, 2016

A really good course but not worth being part of a specialization. Should be very helpful for students / freshers who are preparing for an engineering interview. Personally, I felt most people would have taken up this course paying the course fee only because it was a mandatory part of this specialization.

By Wessel B

Nov 18, 2016

Reliable, good for people who still need to find their first position in the industry

By Phuc N

Feb 10, 2016

PERFECT PERFECT! I wish this course was here 2 years ago. The materials are so useful and the mock interview too. Well done Professors!

By Huijun Z

Apr 18, 2016

The mock interviews are helpful

By Artem B

Oct 22, 2017

Thank you for this course! I found a lot of interesting subjects during this journey!

By Suraj S

Mar 08, 2016

Very good advice on how to succeed in interviews.

By Chessie R

Jul 05, 2017

Helped a lot!

By Mehul R

Feb 29, 2016

Loved it .

Best MOOC specialization I have attended.

Thanks a lot!!!

By Riham

Mar 06, 2017

Very helpful course, thank you!

By Ramin A

Jul 17, 2016

awesome course! having had so many bad interviews lately, this course points out all the mistakes you can make in an interview and how to improve and practice your skills.

By bharani m

Mar 05, 2016

Amazing course with amazing teachers .Worth every penny .

By Alexander K

Mar 06, 2016

It was really useful! Thanks a lot for the course.

By Maggie H

May 17, 2016

By Jing

Apr 03, 2018

worth the time to shape your skill!