Back to Mastering the Software Engineering Interview

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mastering the Software Engineering Interview by University of California San Diego

You’ve hit a major milestone as a computer scientist and are becoming a capable programmer. You now know how to solve problems, write algorithms, and analyze solutions; and you have a wealth of tools (like data structures) at your disposal. You may now be ready for an internship or (possibly) an entry-level software engineering job. But can you land the internship/job? It depends in part on how well you can solve new technical problems and communicate during interviews. How can you get better at this? Practice! With the support of Google’s recruiting and engineering teams we’ve provided tips, examples, and practice opportunities in this course that may help you with a number of tech companies. We’ll assist you to organize into teams to practice. Lastly, we’ll give you basic job search advice, and tips for succeeding once you’re on the job....

MH

May 17, 2016

I found this course is very useful. It covers all of the important points of facing technology job interview, even including how to deal with psychological emotions and build strong growth mindset.

JC

Jul 19, 2017

I learned a LOT more than I thought I would. Practicing mock interviews while recording myself put me in a completely different mindset and let me know how much I need more practice.

1 - 25 of 86 Reviews for Mastering the Software Engineering Interview

By Mark C

Sep 18, 2017

I got the software engineering position! This is a great resource. Going through this class improved my interviewing skills. It is a great insight into what employers are looking for. It worked! It is a great resource for the over 50 finding himself unemployed type person, as well as for college students etc.

By Selen T

Dec 27, 2018

This course is really useful. I had several bad interview experiences and now I can see the whole picture, whole mistakes and the TODO's. Thank you for the instructors and the everyone who made this possible.

By Xavier O

Feb 17, 2016

Interesting course. Definitely got a lot of Value to doing this, despite it being something not typical in a software course.

For example, I realized that when I'm focused explaining something, I do have a very annoying tick. I say the word "basically" wayyyyyy too much!

It's important to have this course given that good communication skills defines a major part of professional life which helps in a team software development approach.

By Rafael M

Feb 08, 2016

Guys, I'm flying overseas on Feb 17th to a life changing interview, and although I worked in companies like BearingPoint, CSC and IBM, interviews in Brazil are not even close to the process I'm going through. The methodologies that you cover in this course matches, at least so far, the phases that I've passed. I feel much more self-assured now.

By Noah D G

Mar 08, 2019

I just wanted to say that you guys were amazing. You have inspired me to learn and take leaps far beyond what I ever expected I could achieve. Course 4 was a well tailored preparation course for the software interview, a course I wish had been a part of my computer science curriculum at university. Thank you very much.

By Sanathkumar N

Mar 01, 2016

A really good course but not worth being part of a specialization. Should be very helpful for students / freshers who are preparing for an engineering interview. Personally, I felt most people would have taken up this course paying the course fee only because it was a mandatory part of this specialization.

By Amy L

Jul 10, 2018

I used this course to help me with a job interview that was already in process. I am so thankful to have found it and wish that I had had this when I was in college! I went into my in person interview 150% prepared, and I got the job! Thank you thank you!

By Pat C

Dec 25, 2016

Unique course giving great soft skills for interview preparation and also soft skills for working as a software engineer in practice. This course has given me insights into my strengths and weaknesses as a software engineer. Awesome course.

By Yuri A P

Aug 11, 2017

I never thought you could go so in depth on interviews. This course changed completely the view I had on interviews and it was a blast to record myself simulating them. Thank you to the instructors for all the fun.

By Maggie H

May 17, 2016

By Jordi C

By Ramin A

Jul 17, 2016

awesome course! having had so many bad interviews lately, this course points out all the mistakes you can make in an interview and how to improve and practice your skills.

By Harry B

Nov 30, 2016

Great course. For me, having no knowledge of what to expect in technical interviews before taking this course, I found it really helpful for preparing for interviews

By Phuc N

Feb 10, 2016

PERFECT PERFECT! I wish this course was here 2 years ago. The materials are so useful and the mock interview too. Well done Professors!

By Hugo I R S

Jun 07, 2016

I strongly recomen this course, it has helped to create a great CV, and above all it gave a great confidence towards the Interview.

By George N

Nov 10, 2016

Very practical course, It helps to master Software Engineers hard and soft skills during interviewing.

Thanks to Coursera & Google

By Mayco M

Mar 21, 2016

I spend a lot of time enhancing my software skills, but in this course I realize that I should also work on my soft skills!

By Sudharaka P

Mar 08, 2016

I think this is a great course and gives very good insight into what is expected in a technical interview setting. :)

By Yubo T

Aug 06, 2017

very constructive advices and tips for people who wanna landing on a software engineering position

By Natasa

Mar 23, 2019

Exceptional prep for interviewing. I learned so much. Great skills for life. Thank you so much!

By Philomath I

Oct 02, 2016

The lessons have been very helpful in preparing for a technical interview. Highly recommended!

By Artem B

Oct 22, 2017

Thank you for this course! I found a lot of interesting subjects during this journey!

By Wessel B

Nov 18, 2016

Reliable, good for people who still need to find their first position in the industry

By Artavazd B

Jul 12, 2016

It's just amazing! So many really helpful tips and tricks. Thanks for this course!

By Light0617

Jul 19, 2017

great! They teach me a lot of tips I did not follow in previous interviews!