Back to Data Analysis with R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Analysis with R Programming by Google

This course is the seventh course in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. These courses will equip you with the skills needed to apply to introductory-level data analyst jobs. In this course, you’ll learn about the programming language known as R. You’ll find out how to use RStudio, the environment that allows you to work with R. This course will also cover the software applications and tools that are unique to R, such as R packages. You’ll discover how R lets you clean, organize, analyze, visualize, and report data in new and more powerful ways. Current Google data analysts will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources. Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will: - Examine the benefits of using the R programming language. - Discover how to use RStudio to apply R to your analysis. - Explore the fundamental concepts associated with programming in R. - Explore the contents and components of R packages including the Tidyverse package. - Gain an understanding of dataframes and their use in R. - Discover the options for generating visualizations in R. - Learn about R Markdown for documenting R programming....

TD
Jun 16, 2021

Tough stuff! Trying to remember the correct syntax for filtering was stressful but I'm so grateful to learn R. Thank you for this introduction. The videos were good but the hands-on really helped me.

AA
Apr 24, 2021

I've taken a few courses that have covered R. This one explained the concepts very well and did not make many assumptions that we would just "pick up" the syntax just through exposure.

1 - 25 of 163 Reviews for Data Analysis with R Programming

By Paul C

May 19, 2021

Really out of place lesson set. Could be good on it's own or as part of breakout class. Not the best way or time (in the course of this program) to learn R programming. If you haven't programmed before they start with one simple command and then launch fully into it. It's like trying to sip from a firehose. The rest of the courses are on point and have some great information. There's a sad chance that many will get discouraged/pushed away from Data Analytics because of this R course though. Which is weird, some of the presenters even say they worked in analytics for years before they started/needed to use a programming language to go deeper. The people taking this course aren't going to need it immediately and this should be a high level overview more than a deep dive into deeper R.

By Ribamar M

Apr 15, 2021

This course is amazing, excelent classes and resources;

By ZHOU T

Apr 18, 2021

Wonderful R programming. I want to learn more.

By Vince C

Jun 10, 2021

Absolutely the best course in the entire program! Lots and lots of hands-on practice, materials to review, exercises, and more. The instructor was awesome, and every video had something useful and new to learn. This course even does for you what the 'Visualization' course did not: Show you visualization techniques. If anything, this course makes you fall in love with R, and makes you want to go for more.

By Palle M

Best Course.

The Best Explanation.

Learned so much.

Don't Know how to thank !

Clear concept explanation ,

Nice Quizzes and what not Everything was crystal clear

By Venkatkumar R

Apr 17, 2021

Best one for beginners

By Tony - C A D

Jun 17, 2021

T​ough stuff! Trying to remember the correct syntax for filtering was stressful but I'm so grateful to learn R. Thank you for this introduction. The videos were good but the hands-on really helped me.

By Pedro G

Jun 18, 2021

Loved this course, I know it was the basics for the R programming, but I feel like it covered a lot, the most we could learn in an compact course. Delivered everything needed for the job!

By Alyson F

Apr 24, 2021

By Aiman H N

Jun 6, 2021

Carrie is a great instructor. I had learnt R earlier also but the instructor scared me off from R. But Carrie made learning R a piece of cake. Thanks Carrie and keep up the good work.

By AMMISH T

Jul 1, 2021

Best course in the whole program! Carrie is an exceptional teacher. All the contents were delivered in a clear manner and there were lots of opportunities to practice.

By Stephanie A L

Jul 9, 2021

This was my favorite course in the series. It was detailed enough to understand the basics of R without overwhelming the learner.

By Oscar D G R

Apr 15, 2021

One of the best R courses I have taken.

By ANIRUDH N G

Apr 25, 2021

Best instructor. better course.

By Muhammad M

May 1, 2021

confusion confusion confusion

By Daniel G M

Jun 10, 2021

T​he course is a good introduction to R language, but I assume it is a poor choice to make a course fully centered on R in the certificate track. Nowadays, companies focus more on what you can do and not how. As someone who already uses python for the purpose of this course, learning R was just to now it exists. Unlike spreadsheets and SQL, which are kind of universal, R is narrowed towards its own syntax.

By Kyle L

Jun 11, 2021

The course practices did not work sometimes for me which resulted me relying on other resources to learn about the materials

By Alazo S

Jun 2, 2021

We're not being taught how to solve similar questions in the weekly/course challenge in the videos.

By Elham H

Jun 27, 2021

Carrie is very good instructor as the beginning of the course I felt disappointed and understand nothing and I thought that R is very complex programming language, but by the end of the course I found it very interesting easy programming language , I recommend it for everyone to learn R and take this course, for me I learned R programming language, R Studio , R Markdown , Making Reports and Visualization using ggplot2, and more that helped me to be high skilled as a future data analyst.

By yannic c

May 7, 2021

Good introduction to R programming, for data analyst. Includes the basic filtering and use of ggplot2 to visualize data. Also introduces markdown. Out of all the courses in the Google Data Analyst Certificate, this course is the most technical. The pacing seems to be alittle off, sometimes it is really slow and other times it is rather fast. But could just be me, who already has extensive experience with R.

By Alexandra L

Jul 11, 2021

This course was great. Carrie was a great instructor, and all the subjects were very well explained, with no advanced content shown as it was clear for someone who was looking at R for the first time (as it happened in some SQL queries, in the previous courses). I still think you need to practice a lot on your own, to really master R, but I could keep track of the classes as they went by.

By Ellen G

Jun 3, 2021

The Data Analysis with R Programming was a challenging program to be introduced but it was manageable. I enjoyed the challenge and I realize that it was achievable as the course was drawing to its conclusion. Thank you Google for introducing me to the knowledge of programming.

By Mohamad F B R

May 20, 2021

This is one of the best courses in the specialization. I learned a lot on the basics of R and the general syntax for data analysis and visualization. The hands-on practices were also good, but can be better instead of just changing and running off code templates.

By Chandresh M

May 20, 2021

This course helps me to understand the R programming language. It’s been a year I am planning to learn the R programming language due to no proper content available. Then I saw this on Coursera, which I find very interesting and I completed it in a week.

By Valentin D

Jun 14, 2021

I found this to be the best course in the Career Certificate. It actually teaches you how to perform some decent data analysis in R, and goes into some reasonably advanced methods and techniques. I wish there was a project to do in R Notebooks as well.