Back to Designing the Organization: From Strategy to Organizational Structure

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing the Organization: From Strategy to Organizational Structure by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will understand how firms are organized, what factors must be taken into account in making critical design decisions, and what role managers play in making these choices. In order to answer these questions, we will first develop a conceptual process model that links business models, external and internal contingencies, and organizational design. Second, we will focus on the fundamental principles of organization design and what alternative design choices are available for managers. Finally, we will apply these concepts and ideas to organizational situations to develop the critical insights and decision making skills to build effective organizations. Learners: • Will understand how managers create value through their organizations • Will have a good understanding of the fundamental principles and factors important to organizational design • Will be able to design the coordination, control, and performance measurement systems to manage an organization. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

WR

Jun 26, 2019

I really learnt many useful things and skills by this course. Really thanks your Coursera team for giving us this chance to complete our education while sitting at home. THANKS!

LA

Jul 16, 2017

Professor Leblebici is incredible teacher, and the Courses' materials are so powerful, and very important to learn how to implement them almost in any type of business!

51 - 75 of 104 Reviews for Designing the Organization: From Strategy to Organizational Structure

By Luca

Apr 18, 2017

A very good course that simply introduces the main concepts of organizational design

By Daniel O

Jan 25, 2018

Very insightful and well structured to meet the current needs of modern and future organizations

By Abdelys G

Mar 16, 2017

Really Good Lecturer! He explains concepts in avery clear way.

By Garth G

Jul 25, 2018

Great information which is applicable to my workplace.

By Emeka J E

May 01, 2019

Great management tools. The video and audio quality are great.

By Natalia M G A

Apr 16, 2019

Very good course

By Greg T

May 05, 2019

Very helpful class

By Nanette W

May 07, 2019

Very Informative and Relevant!

By NORBERTO M D V

Apr 27, 2019

Very good!

By Suman D

May 26, 2019

Great Course and very well explained

By Alejandro M V

Jul 01, 2019

Modulos Demasiado extensos

By Sohrob N G

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

By Rhonda T

Feb 10, 2019

Good

By Craig D M

Oct 31, 2018

This course got me thinking, asking questions, reading intently and responding thoughtfully.

By Fahad A

Jun 13, 2016

I like the course. It's answer my questions about organization design which was a mystery for me!!

By Lawrence S

Sep 15, 2017

Very interesting,

By Rahul B

Dec 21, 2017

Excellent insightful course. Thanks to Professor for great course content.

By Ismail I

Dec 27, 2016

The course is nice but the wording of the course is heavy and is confusing most of the time.

You've to put a lot of effort in trying to understand what the instructor means or want to say/ask.

By Oliver O

Dec 15, 2017

High standard of instructional design. I do hope that the quiz on the case studies would be clearer.

By Chris M

Apr 04, 2018

Man, the lecture material didn't really line up with the quizzes...good stuff though.

By Romain V

Apr 21, 2016

Great cou

By Richard M ( D J

Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed taking Designing the Organization: From Strategy to Organizational Structure, which is my third course in the Strategic Leadership & Management Coursera specialization with the University of Illinois. I enjoyed all aspects of the course because it gave me insight into how organizations come together, and the strategies that should be employed when putting together organizations. I unknowingly followed many of these principles when putting together organizations and teams, and the course showed me where I made mistakes, and outlined some course corrections for me for the future. Due to business needs I took quite a bit of time to complete this course, but I still got a lot out of the course. I think the most recent study, Week 4: Elements of Organizational Design - Integration was one of my favorite areas of the course. Once you set on a path to put an organization together, you do have to integrate, and the organization needs to execute on its objectives. I particularly like the last reflection essay, which I did on Why Corporate Functions Stumble, as I found a lot of applicability to my own work in this article.

By Nolan A