Back to Designing the Organization: From Strategy to Organizational Structure

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing the Organization: From Strategy to Organizational Structure by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will understand how firms are organized, what factors must be taken into account in making critical design decisions, and what role managers play in making these choices. In order to answer these questions, we will first develop a conceptual process model that links business models, external and internal contingencies, and organizational design. Second, we will focus on the fundamental principles of organization design and what alternative design choices are available for managers. Finally, we will apply these concepts and ideas to organizational situations to develop the critical insights and decision making skills to build effective organizations. Learners: • Will understand how managers create value through their organizations • Will have a good understanding of the fundamental principles and factors important to organizational design • Will be able to design the coordination, control, and performance measurement systems to manage an organization. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

WR

Jun 26, 2019

I really learnt many useful things and skills by this course. Really thanks your Coursera team for giving us this chance to complete our education while sitting at home. THANKS!

LA

Jul 16, 2017

Professor Leblebici is incredible teacher, and the Courses' materials are so powerful, and very important to learn how to implement them almost in any type of business!

51 - 75 of 108 Reviews for Designing the Organization: From Strategy to Organizational Structure

By Nivedita H

Jun 16, 2018

Fantastic way of learning at own pace, very well delivered key topics in Strategies to Organisational Design and finally a set of intense coursework ensured I progress in enhancing my understanding. I feel grateful to the course designers for the knowledge exchange we experienced past few weeks.Thank you!

By Nadia G

Oct 30, 2018

This was a great course, I really learned a lot.

By CAROLINA P P

Nov 22, 2018

Was good to review the structure of an organisation and the way that we should make decisions related with the design to be more competitive.

By Martin K

Oct 04, 2018

Interesting and topical. Great refresher as well as source of new ideas.

By NORBERTO M D V

Apr 27, 2019

Very good!

By Alejandro M V

Apr 29, 2019

Crystal clear explained

By Emeka J E

May 01, 2019

Great management tools. The video and audio quality are great.

By Natalia M G A

Jul 01, 2019

Modulos Demasiado extensos

By Suman D

May 26, 2019

Great Course and very well explained

By Sohrob N G

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

By Nanette W

May 07, 2019

Very Informative and Relevant!

By ASHISH W

Aug 25, 2019

Excellent course and material.

By Latravious C

Sep 07, 2019

The instructor isn't as prepare as the previous professors in the Foundation and Applications courses. It is obvious to me the instructor knows what he is talking about but does not know what is really in the slides. The heavy accent make it harder to retain the information. Great information though.

By Erik P

Sep 09, 2019

Nice course! Maybe, instructor's video lectures are a bit slow

By Rhonda T

Feb 10, 2019

Good

By Fahad A

Jun 13, 2016

I like the course. It's answer my questions about organization design which was a mystery for me!!

By Lawrence S

Sep 15, 2017

Very interesting,

By AMANDA S C B

Aug 08, 2016

It was a very informative course - I definitely will apply with I leant in my every day management

By Ismail I

Dec 27, 2016

The course is nice but the wording of the course is heavy and is confusing most of the time.

You've to put a lot of effort in trying to understand what the instructor means or want to say/ask.

By Oliver O

Dec 15, 2017

High standard of instructional design. I do hope that the quiz on the case studies would be clearer.

By Romain V

Apr 21, 2016

Great cou

By Chris M

Apr 04, 2018

Man, the lecture material didn't really line up with the quizzes...good stuff though.