Back to Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Successfully marketing brands today requires a well-balanced blend of art and science. This course introduces students to the science of web analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges marketers confront daily. Students will learn to identify the web analytic tool right for their specific needs; understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data from the web; and utilize data in decision making for agencies, organizations or clients. Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice is the second in a two-part series of complementary courses and focuses on the skills and practical abilities analysts need to be successful in today's digital business world. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

JJ
Aug 7, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyable "journey" for this course. The syllabus was great, very well structured, thus easy to follow. Each module, including honors, can easily be completed in a day if you have the time.

TC
Aug 31, 2020

thoroughly enjoyed the course. A big thanks to Instructor Kevin hartman for this perfectly organized course. Materials were on point and easy to understand. Got entirely new observations on analytics.

576 - 600 of 609 Reviews for Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice

Oct 17, 2015

Ok

By Evgeny B

Oct 6, 2015

When going through the Theory course, I often wondered why the assignments are so abstract and theoretical, and I thought that maybe when we come to practice, we will be able to do something with our hands. No way! While reinforcing the theoretical background (mostly repeating same postulates from the Theory course), this course contributes very little to its name (practice). Only the last module on presenting goes a little further than making you ponder on abstract themes. This is surprising - there are lots of practical tools discussed in the course, and you have no opportunity to get hands on at least one of them (except Google Trends) and evaluate it, at least for primitive purposes. Why does the teacher not take the example of the brilliant Aric Rindfeisch's course Marketing in the Digital World with really well-crafted practical assignments?

By William R W

Aug 9, 2015

I appreciate this course and the instructor's time, but so far I haven't really learned anything.

The structure of every lesson is:

"1. Here are the 5 things we're going to cover. 2. Name (not explain) those 5 things. 3. Here are the 5 things we covered"

I think there's a lot of potential for this course in the long run. I would advise having a professor from Illinois who is not in the business school take this course and get their feedback. I believe the instructor is very smart and experienced in this area, so this is definitely a course that could grow into a Coursera essential.

By Melissa R

Aug 13, 2020

This course is really similar to the previous one and my opinion for both: disappointed and boring. Pr Kevin Hartman may be a talented Google Analyst, he's not a very good teacher - his speech sounds boring, and he doesn't give any additional information compared to what is written. Only theory, no deep study case. Still some good concept to learn but it's repetitive. Finally, compared to other classes, this course is not updated ... And I assume that tools have changed a lot for the past 5 years.

By Stephan H

Sep 15, 2016

Again the content and presentation is great.

But the web site is getting really annoying, especially in the assignment area. The editor is faulty and on the submission on visualization you cannot use visualizations(!) to make your point due to technical limitations (can't paste charts or screenshots).Sometimes verification does not work.

Support is sometimes very good, sometimes useless, depends with whom you chat.

By Tharma P

Apr 26, 2020

Another subpar course, similar like the previous course thought by the instructor. I am only not giving it a 1-star because there were some new concept for marketing beginners like me, but the concepts were not explained beyond simple definitions and there were no proper case studies to apply the concept. The material was largely a repetition of the previous theory course.

By Kirill S

May 1, 2020

I think this course was supposed to lead us through a data analysis journey. Instead it highlighted several parts of it with a random level of details. Very impractical and even worse, confusing. Some of external links were very good though, there are real things I expected to be mentioned in lectures.

By Konstantina P

Jul 17, 2018

Course was well structured but was too basic and theoretical for what I wanted to get out of it. I would expect it to have more practical examples in the quiz part so that I could practice for e.g. in data visualization, chart/graph creations and in data manipulation

By Laurene S

May 9, 2017

I didn't find the course and the exercises practical enough. I find this teacher gives very little content per video, and repeat himself a lot unnecessarily with his introduction and conclusion that are the same. I did not find the course or material very engaging.

By Samuel E

May 22, 2018

This course, did not provide a level of critical thinking that other classes have provided. The assignments were too easy and did not do a good enough at preparing a student for real world digital analysis.

By Rainer B S

Mar 8, 2016

Very basic course without much in depth explanations or insightful matter.

I hope this course is worth the money i paid, I'm starting to regret paying for this.

By Destinee G B

Apr 22, 2020

Material provided was not the most engaging and lacked hands on application, so after course comprehension and information retention is not there.

By Divya A

Jan 20, 2019

too basic. Relevant for someone who has no background of analytics at all.

By Danilo J d C J

Aug 7, 2016

For a practice course I found that was full of theory

By Projit D

Nov 15, 2020

Good course content but the instructor is very dull.

By Ankit K

Feb 10, 2017

Its theoretical.No practical project to do

By Mohamed E H

Jul 18, 2020

Outdated materials, readings and articles

By Mayank S

Jul 22, 2020

I found it a bit disappointing

By P S K

Dec 7, 2016

Not that helpful for me

By Rishab H

Apr 26, 2017

expected so much more!

By Joël B

Sep 23, 2020

Very poor class again. The content is very limited and sometimes based on blog posts rather than scientific literature which makes you question the credibility of the content. The tests and assignments are not very developed and therefore don't really contribute to the learning. It really looks like the lecturer took responsibility of the classes. I think it is a shame to even charge participants for a class of such quality.

By Karine-Beverly H

Sep 8, 2020

I full completed this course with all criteria needed including the honors credits. Staff did not review completed assignments submitted for review on deadline and now this course is marked as incomplete. This is a scam and not fair.

This course certificate is on copy and paste rotation for over 5 years now, no reason why submitted work was not reviewed and grades posted.

By Aboudy E F

Feb 5, 2017

Uninspiring teacher, repetitive material that could have been consolidated with month 2 altogether.

Did most of my learning from the supplemental readings.

By Umberto R

Jun 25, 2020

Very old and outdated referencies for a digital analytics course. Not enough operative insights on data analysis. A waste of time for me.