Back to Digital Footprint

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Footprint by The University of Edinburgh

If I Googled you, what would I find? As we move around the online world we leave tracks and traces of our activity all the time: social media accounts, tagged images, professional presences, scraps of text, but also many artefacts we don't always realise we are leaving behind, or that others leave about us. In this course you will hear from a range of experts and you will have an opportunity to explore and reflect on your own online tracks and traces, to understand why your digital footprint is important. We will introduce you to some of the tools and approaches to effectively manage your online presence (or digital footprint). The course will focus on the different dimensions of a digital footprint, including developing an effective online presence, managing your privacy, creating opportunities for networking, balancing and managing professional and personal presences (eprofessionalism). By the end of this course (MOOC) you should be equipped to ensure that your digital footprint works for you, whether you want to be more private online, or are looking to create a more effective and impactful presence. You can also join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #DFMOOC and follow us @DFMOOC We hope you enjoy the course!...

T

Aug 14, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this course, my objectives were met and the course creators put a lot of thought into ensuring that various options were available to suit different learning styles. Thank you

AC

Nov 11, 2019

I never thought digital footprint is so important when it comes to your online presence. The instructors and guest lecturers were very polite and kind!

1 - 25 of 30 Reviews for Digital Footprint

By Abdullah S M

Dec 24, 2018

Easy clear valuable course to know about how online presence is important, and how to manage it.

By Edyta S

Nov 25, 2017

Great course, I am refreshing my existing knowledge and learn new things at the same time.

By I C S V

Jun 21, 2017

The course is very crispy and creative, loved it!!!

By Sylwia K

Feb 02, 2018

I loved it

By TOLULOPE M

Aug 14, 2017

By Arushi M

Apr 21, 2018

Superb Learning Experience, highly recommend this course.

By Голубев И Ф

Mar 06, 2018

Outstanding experience!

By Dr T P J

May 13, 2017

Very information course. One must go through this vital course for up-gradation.

By Claire P

Dec 30, 2017

Really useful, efficient use of my time, very practical.

By Giuseppe

Oct 23, 2017

Very very cool!!!

By Pierre S

May 19, 2017

This course is excellent, it doesn't require too much time which was perfect for me when I took it. And it is very interesting, includes a lot of additional content to go deeper into the subject. There are several speakers who come with different ideas, tips, points of view which make the course engaging and clear. I recommend !

By Apichart T

Jul 24, 2017

This course make me update for knowledge

By Eunice S G

Apr 10, 2018

The course is excellent! But should if you feel confident about the way you manage your digital footprint, you won't really learn that much.

By Iryna K

Aug 11, 2017

This course is wonderful. It was very useful and interesting!

I will definitely recommend course "Digital Footprint" to everyone :)

By Загрядский Г В

Mar 11, 2018

It was really interesting to find out more about this topic, thank you!

By manhar

Aug 17, 2018

nice course, thank coursera

By Scott K

May 23, 2019

Thoughtful, and thought-provoking course on what it means to have a presence online and to be active on social media, in personal and professional capacities. I've been using social media for years, and this helped me to think more about how the landscape has changed, how my needs and wants for social media have changed, and how I can be more proactive in making sure it works for me.

By Aditya S C

Nov 11, 2019

By Kevin M

Dec 25, 2018

Solid information. Useful for students.

By Varun A

Jun 27, 2017

Its a nice and informative course letting now know about the various risks and opportunities that one has when they go online . It shows us how to be aware of all things we do online and what precautions to take.

By Madeline L

Oct 06, 2017

What I learned: Proactively shape your own digital identity to reflect your professional and personal views. The section on the legacy of my digital footprint was something I had not considered.

Would have given 5 but the into music I found annoying. :) And a waste of time.

By Kantesh G

Jan 14, 2018

This course is a must for anyone who uses social media or the internet in general...which means everyone!

By Mawsamee D B

Oct 08, 2017

Interesting and fun way of learning

By Maria J A

Oct 16, 2017

It was a very good introductory course to raise awareness of the topic, but it can go a bit deeper into privacy topics. It has the time, potential and the teachers are very good as well.

By Marshall P

Dec 11, 2017

a very good course helped me a lot