Back to Web Application Technologies and Django

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Web Application Technologies and Django by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You'll be introduced to the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect. You'll also gain an introductory understanding of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), as well as the overall structure of a Django application. We will explore the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern for web applications and how it relates to Django. You will learn how to deploy a Django application using a service like PythonAnywhere so that it is available over the Internet. This is the first course in the Django for Everybody specialization. It is recommended that you complete the Python for Everybody specialization or an equivalent learning experience before beginning this series....

PM
Oct 16, 2020

This course is very approachable even if you don't know Python or Django or other coding languages. It's a nice gentle introduction back into course work as well. Perfect if you have limited time.

CH
Dec 28, 2020

The course offers a nicely spaced, easy introduction to multiple technologies. The instructor kept me interested and provided free tools that could be used to complete all assignments quickly.

1 - 25 of 232 Reviews for Web Application Technologies and Django

By Hamdan I

Jul 22, 2020

Thank you Dr. Chuck. I came here after Python for Everybody and was looking for what to do next, when I found this wonderful course. You truly are an amazing teacher. Hoping to meet you in your Office Hours one day.

By Nicholas Y

Jul 31, 2020

Amazing introductory course for HTML, CSS, SQL and of course django itself, it melts all of these concepts together bit by bit.

By Muhamamd U F

Jul 23, 2020

Very good course for beginners and well understanding how web works under the hood after taking this course.

By Deepankar D

Aug 17, 2020

Sir charles severance hattoff to your teaching.You are just an amazing teacher.The students including me and several others highly appreciate what you are doing and please continue to do more of this kind of excellent work from which the students like us are benfitted the most.I am from India and wish to study in the university of michigan as a student from an amazing teacher like you.

By Mohammad A

Nov 10, 2020

Whatever Dr.Chuck comes up with is unquestionable and fun to understand... the way he takes you back in history makes you want to stay there and just feel things of the past. With the well-structured assignments that are meant to give you a high-level understanding of everything in this course, you get the confidence to do more in it. He just makes it so simple for you.

By Michael S

Jul 24, 2020

I would describe this course as a simple, quick Django introduction + refresher of web development. It gives us an idea of what we are going to deal with in the following courses in the specialization.

By Ben A

Aug 2, 2020

Good course for beginners in web development but not really anything to do with Django. I would recommend renaming the course to "Web Application fundamentals" so that is is clear there is no Django in the course (except one copy/ paste exercise)

By Martin S

Oct 19, 2020

Nearly no Django in this course. Some HTML, CSS and SQL, and how to install Django.

By Jian G

Jul 24, 2020

This is a great course! Dr. Chuck is very demonstrative and hit the nail on the head.

It shows his vast experience in online teaching and continuous improvement on his teaching and material.

Dr. Chuck is a blessing!

By SALAHUDHEEN M

Jul 24, 2020

It was a beautiful experience .Dr.chuck was very engaging in the class.i strongly recommend this course for who just completed python and looking for best web development courses.

By Robin S

Aug 21, 2020

Django for Everybody is an amazing specialization that everyone should take and learning from Dr.Chuck is wonderful experience. Thanks to Coursera and Dr.Chuck :)

By carlos l s

Oct 17, 2020

Dr. Chuck is Awsome! Academic and funny as well.

By AHMED S

Aug 24, 2020

it was very boring for someone who is already a CS student

By Nur M

Oct 20, 2020

The teacher was excellent but the course content was worst, video quality was worst.

Even I couldn't see the content what is going on.

By SureshKumar S

Sep 8, 2020

...

By Marci S

Aug 20, 2020

I think the assignments and real-world practices are ingenious! The course is well-planned and provided experiences that I appreciate so much. The instructor explains concepts very well and provides background information that helps to anchor the concepts into my mind's schema. Thank you for a wonderful course experience! I look forward to the rest of the courses in this Django Specialization.

By khadijah b

Oct 12, 2020

This was my first time taking a Django course, therefore i was not confident I would be able to finish the course. However, the Instructor was very calm, thorough and interesting enough to make me regain my confidence and complete the course. i definitely feel motivated enough to take the other web development courses in this specialization. Thank you and I am immensely Grateful

By Quoleshna Z E

Jan 2, 2021

This teacher is the best. He's approachable, knowledgeable about the history of the software development. The additional resources and information lend a richer understanding of what we're learning, and also help to stir up more excitement. You can sense the professor's enthusiasm in passing forward what he's learned over the years.

By Pankaj P

Oct 26, 2020

Dr. Chuck is awesome. His knowledge in different fields like Python, Network, SQL, PHP is very fantastic. his way of teaching is fantastic, he carries the lecture from bottom to top so smoothly. Only because of him, i have continued to study different python courses.

Thanks Dr. Chuck. !! You are my hero. !!

By Ameya S

Oct 13, 2020

During this specialization not only I learnt django but also design patterns in web, industry standards and other advance concept. This course surely will take you from beginner to a intermediate level Django developer. I thank Dr. Chuck for this specialization. I expect more courses from Dr. Chuck.

By Bart T C

Aug 27, 2020

Great course. I love python, and I have always wondered how to use it for web development. Charles Severance is a very engaging and knowledgeable instructor.I found this course a little too easy if you already have python experience, but the history of the internet component is really cool.

By Yergali B

Nov 24, 2020

Overall, this course provides basic levels of web development and a little experience with Django. This is similar to the entry-level or elementary level for the web development. This course was good both as a review and a reminder of the basics of the web development. thanks

By Markus Z

Sep 25, 2020

Not much playing around with Django. But I think it's definitly good starting with basics. Quiz and Assignment are really fair. The lectures are very nice. Listening to Chuck is fun and beside the pure knowledge you get to know something about the good old days :-)

By Chelsea W

Mar 20, 2021

Excellent instructor! He was engaging and the lesson are in a digestible length. Also, there was a lot of thought that went into how this course is designed which helped to make it easier to complete as you can focus on the lesson and not fight with auto graders.

By Yalchin M

Jul 30, 2020

Everything was excellent. I just got bored in CSS and HTML part but this is not because of lack of quality of course but because of my personal preference. I recommend everyone to take this course for web development.

P.S Loved the dog in week 5)