Back to Web Application Technologies and Django

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Web Application Technologies and Django by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You'll be introduced to the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect. You'll also gain an introductory understanding of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), as well as the overall structure of a Django application. We will explore the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern for web applications and how it relates to Django. You will learn how to deploy a Django application using a service like PythonAnywhere so that it is available over the Internet. This is the first course in the Django for Everybody specialization. It is recommended that you complete the Python for Everybody specialization or an equivalent learning experience before beginning this series....

PM
Oct 16, 2020

This course is very approachable even if you don't know Python or Django or other coding languages. It's a nice gentle introduction back into course work as well. Perfect if you have limited time.

SM
Jul 23, 2020

It was a beautiful experience .Dr.chuck was very engaging in the class.i strongly recommend this course for who just completed python and looking for best web development courses.

1 - 25 of 183 Reviews for Web Application Technologies and Django

By Nicholas Y

Jul 31, 2020

Amazing introductory course for HTML, CSS, SQL and of course django itself, it melts all of these concepts together bit by bit.

By Muhammad U F

Jul 23, 2020

Very good course for beginners and well understanding how web works under the hood after taking this course.

By Hamdan I

Jul 22, 2020

Thank you Dr. Chuck. I came here after Python for Everybody and was looking for what to do next, when I found this wonderful course. You truly are an amazing teacher. Hoping to meet you in your Office Hours one day.

By Michael S

Jul 24, 2020

I would describe this course as a simple, quick Django introduction + refresher of web development. It gives us an idea of what we are going to deal with in the following courses in the specialization.

By Ben A

Aug 2, 2020

Good course for beginners in web development but not really anything to do with Django. I would recommend renaming the course to "Web Application fundamentals" so that is is clear there is no Django in the course (except one copy/ paste exercise)

By Deepankar D

Aug 17, 2020

Sir charles severance hattoff to your teaching.You are just an amazing teacher.The students including me and several others highly appreciate what you are doing and please continue to do more of this kind of excellent work from which the students like us are benfitted the most.I am from India and wish to study in the university of michigan as a student from an amazing teacher like you.

By Mohammad A

Nov 10, 2020

Whatever Dr.Chuck comes up with is unquestionable and fun to understand... the way he takes you back in history makes you want to stay there and just feel things of the past. With the well-structured assignments that are meant to give you a high-level understanding of everything in this course, you get the confidence to do more in it. He just makes it so simple for you.

By Jian G

Jul 24, 2020

This is a great course! Dr. Chuck is very demonstrative and hit the nail on the head.

It shows his vast experience in online teaching and continuous improvement on his teaching and material.

Dr. Chuck is a blessing!

By Robin S

Aug 21, 2020

Django for Everybody is an amazing specialization that everyone should take and learning from Dr.Chuck is wonderful experience. Thanks to Coursera and Dr.Chuck :)

By carlos l s

Oct 17, 2020

Dr. Chuck is Awsome! Academic and funny as well.

By Marci S

Aug 20, 2020

I think the assignments and real-world practices are ingenious! The course is well-planned and provided experiences that I appreciate so much. The instructor explains concepts very well and provides background information that helps to anchor the concepts into my mind's schema. Thank you for a wonderful course experience! I look forward to the rest of the courses in this Django Specialization.

By khadijah b

Oct 12, 2020

This was my first time taking a Django course, therefore i was not confident I would be able to finish the course. However, the Instructor was very calm, thorough and interesting enough to make me regain my confidence and complete the course. i definitely feel motivated enough to take the other web development courses in this specialization. Thank you and I am immensely Grateful

By Pankaj P

Oct 26, 2020

Dr. Chuck is awesome. His knowledge in different fields like Python, Network, SQL, PHP is very fantastic. his way of teaching is fantastic, he carries the lecture from bottom to top so smoothly. Only because of him, i have continued to study different python courses.

Thanks Dr. Chuck. !! You are my hero. !!

By Ameya S

Oct 13, 2020

During this specialization not only I learnt django but also design patterns in web, industry standards and other advance concept. This course surely will take you from beginner to a intermediate level Django developer. I thank Dr. Chuck for this specialization. I expect more courses from Dr. Chuck.

By Bart T C

Aug 27, 2020

Great course. I love python, and I have always wondered how to use it for web development. Charles Severance is a very engaging and knowledgeable instructor.I found this course a little too easy if you already have python experience, but the history of the internet component is really cool.

By Yergali B

Nov 24, 2020

Overall, this course provides basic levels of web development and a little experience with Django. This is similar to the entry-level or elementary level for the web development. This course was good both as a review and a reminder of the basics of the web development. thanks

By Markus Z

Sep 25, 2020

Not much playing around with Django. But I think it's definitly good starting with basics. Quiz and Assignment are really fair. The lectures are very nice. Listening to Chuck is fun and beside the pure knowledge you get to know something about the good old days :-)

By Yalchin M

Jul 30, 2020

Everything was excellent. I just got bored in CSS and HTML part but this is not because of lack of quality of course but because of my personal preference. I recommend everyone to take this course for web development.

P.S Loved the dog in week 5)

By Kateryna R

Nov 17, 2020

This is a great introductory course. I'm glad it helped me remember some HTML&CSS basics. However, you should understand that it mostly prepares you for the other courses in the specialization and doesn't explain much about Django itself.

By Joseph C N N

Nov 16, 2020

grave à ce cours, jai augmenté mes capacités dans le domaine des technologies internet. je remercie les instructeurs et les autre participants qui ont rendu toute cette période d'apprentissage mémorable et flexible

By Ivonne R H L

Aug 18, 2020

self paced and very well explained, also, very uselfull course material and very interactive. I learned new things. I'll recommend it for people who is willing to review some of html, css and trying to learn django

By Alfons T

Sep 3, 2020

Professor Severance takes the time to show how to do things in walk-through videos. His explanations are clear, his pace is right and his assignments provide a very good opportunity to consolidate learnings.

By Navneet

Oct 19, 2020

it is really a excellent course. This course helps me a lot in building a concept . The best part is that you have to perform practical after every week. This thing help me to learn concept with practical.

By Patrick M

Oct 16, 2020

By Pedro d S Q

Aug 14, 2020

Nice course, the instructor is great. I thought this one was a little bit too light, but it is mostly just introduction to tools. Definitely will be following up on the next courses.