Back to Django Features and Libraries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Django Features and Libraries by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to build Django-based web applications suitable for use by end users. You will learn about cookies, sessions, and authentication processes in Django. You will build navigation into your applications and explore ways to easily improve the look and feel of Django applications. You will begin to develop a simple application to support a classified ads website that will walk you through many of the issues and techniques that you encounter in website development. You will also learn how to move an application from development to production....

LC
Aug 9, 2020

The best course about Django on the Internet. Found it at the right time as I have been looking for a Django course. I think it just popped out at the right moment when I needed it.

PR
Nov 27, 2020

It was good but it was too difficult! And so much time taking for known concepts. But learnt a lot! Thanks!

1 - 25 of 47 Reviews for Django Features and Libraries

By Jim L

Dec 13, 2020

Overall I think this course is very good for learning Django's website building features such as cookies, sessions, data validation, model fields, etc. The most unique thing that I don't find anywhere else about Django (including on Django Projects itself), is the teaching of "owned rows". I think Dr Charles pretty much nailed it.

Just so you know, the last assignment is very difficult but well worth the effort to pass it.

By Sourav D

Oct 10, 2020

This course is amazing, where we learn about, cookies, sessions, authentication, OneToMany models and ManyToMany, and much more. One who is a beginner in Django must take this course. The graded assignments are the most amazing and challenging, where everyone has to make a real Django Application live on the internet. You will absolutely get joy after completing the assignments and the course by Dr Chuck.

By Ashutosh K

Aug 20, 2020

Loved this course, the assignments are well formed and helps learning the concepts well.

By Yauheni P

Dec 16, 2020

One of the best courser I passed. Possibly, the best one from dr. Chuck so far.

By Franz R B

Nov 1, 2020

The Week 6 has some issues in auto-grader tool. What worked for me was the forum's advice on this topic about deleting cache of migrations(both init, and migrations project and app wide) and the current db.sqlite. then running. Nonetheless, the course was very challenging and fun!! Thank you Dr. Chuck and the coursera team from the Philippines! <3

By Ernesto G

Jan 22, 2021

DR Chuck Severance is outstanding, he makes the course interesting and fun, he knows how to give you some rest through funny videos showing the cool or "crispy" person he is. Challenging assignments extremely well designed that get you thinking and your hands busy on the keyboard.

By Paolo M

Mar 25, 2021

Getting a much better understanding of Data Modelling and OOP by the end of the course is a nice add-on to learning Django. The teacher's ability to synthetise concepts coming from different areas of Software Engineering and make them available to students is awesome.

By Ahmed M A

Oct 12, 2020

By the time I finished this course, I gained so much more confidence and understanding of Django compared to the first 2 courses. finishing this course specifically was really very rewarding and very important to me, it really hammered down the knowledge into my head

By Rex R

Jan 1, 2021

There is a gap between study moments. It could be better to focus on some more specific features like working with cookie and session. Anyway, all these features and libraries are very useful on django web applications. The course is good.

By Jian G

Jul 24, 2020

This is a great course! Dr. Chuck is very demonstrative and hit the nail on the head.

It shows his vast experience in online teaching and continuous improvement on his teaching and material.

Dr. Chuck is a blessing!

By Pascal P

Aug 28, 2020

Great courses and set of resources and links (also like the bonus materials).

Interesting assignments that allow us to experiment, tweak and deal with our own mistakes, a really effective way to learn.

By Laxman c

Aug 10, 2020

By Federico R

Oct 22, 2020

Great! is an excellent teacher! is very clear and complete the class, with great exercises to validate the knowledge

By P S R R

Nov 28, 2020

By HARSH U

Sep 6, 2020

It was just a thrilling experience. I have started to fall in love with Django. All thanks to Dr. Chuck :)

By Enoch S

Feb 18, 2021

I have the courage to tinker with generic class based views. This course demystifies them.

By Anuj P

Sep 8, 2020

it was really well explained course and assignments really help you to understand django.

By igor s

Apr 5, 2021

Nice course, (too just a little bit hard somewhere). I thank you for this amazing stuff.

By Bouzir M K

Oct 8, 2020

the course helped me understand the built-in libraries in django. Really appreciate!

By Thiago G V

Nov 19, 2020

This course is more than django. It was my best experience of understand the web

By Rafael J T

Oct 7, 2020

Good Course , and profesor. Learned alot about practical applications of Django

By Najmus S

Sep 6, 2020

This course was Awesome, NOw I understand Django in depth. Thanks, Dr. Chuck.

By Md. S B

Sep 9, 2020

Another masterpiece of Dr. Charles Severance. You can't get better than this.

By Amrit k

Sep 11, 2020

Try those assignments they are better in every way. Thank you Dr. Charles

By Mahamat N A M

Dec 26, 2020

amazing course, I love it, and the energies of Dr Chuck as well.