Back to Build Your Professional ePortfolio in English

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Build Your Professional ePortfolio in English by Georgia Institute of Technology

Roughly half of the world’s population is already online and so setting yourself apart from the crowd is more important than ever before. One of the best ways to do that is by creating your own ePortfolio. An ePortfolio is a site that showcases or shows your background, your resume, and samples of your work. In this course, you will learn step by step how to build the site and you’ll learn the grammar, vocabulary and writing skills needed to create it. You will learn how to apply information from your ePortfolio to other online tools like LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube in order to network with others so that you get a job or connect with other professionals. For each step in that process, you will listen to lectures, take comprehension quizzes, and learn how to use English appropriately to each part of your site. You will also complete self and peer assessments and gain the needed skills to make your ePortfolio a reality and establish yourself online. By the end of this course, you will be able to • Write a proper headline or title for your ePortfolio • Describe your work in 1 sentence and in longer forms • Identify how to use hashtags effectively • Write an effective summary about yourself and your work • Apply appropriate vocabulary to write your education and professional experience for your resume • Understand how to write a tweet to get a job • Discover how to write specific comments and network work with others • Apply what you have on your portfolio to other tools like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube....

AV

Nov 11, 2016

It is a very interesting course, on which you can clarify some statements and improve your professional information to be competitive. Thanks a lot! A greetings from Cali, Colombia.

C

Oct 23, 2018

I took the presentation of my professional experience to the next level thanks to this course. I am sure that my new professional ePortfolio will help me to advance my career.

1 - 25 of 67 Reviews for Build Your Professional ePortfolio in English

By Ghada A E

Jan 20, 2019

The course was great. I learned something new in a very simple way.The additional resources were carefully selected and very helpful.

By Md. S R

Feb 05, 2019

Really nice. It gave me the clear view how to prepare e portfolio & professionally communicate with others on the web.

By Basil A H A

Dec 16, 2018

Dear Ms. Karen Esq.,

There is an old saying in Arabic language says ,"The teacher was almost a messenger".

Yes, that's true, I think you were very helpful and cooperative with me and all of my course-mates.

I would like to say these little words : Thank you very much you are a very nice person and all other Coursera staff. Thank you.Thank you.Thank you. Thank you.Thank you.Thank you.Thank you. Thank you.Thank you. Thank you.Thank you. Thank you. Indeed. You are wonderful people.

This the 3rd course that I am taking and I feel very happy and satisfied because I selected your courses.

The same love and respect to Ms. Amalia Stephens and Ms. Leah Attruia .

Best regards.

Basil Al-Askary.

16/12/2018.

By Zafar I

Feb 21, 2019

thanks very much.

By Marthenn S

Apr 03, 2019

An excellent course on how to build an ePortfolio, even for those whose first language is English.

By Nicholas G

Feb 17, 2019

Super!

By Jose A R N

Mar 12, 2017

My name is Jose Antonio from Brazil. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this course to complete my CV in English to the area of Data Science.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teacher Karen Peterson.

Congratulations to Coursera team.

By Manuel d J Z B

Mar 31, 2018

It is an excelent course!

By alan c

Apr 15, 2016

very practical, step by step approach!!!

By Marvin E S U

Jul 22, 2017

By Sandra V

Aug 11, 2016

I had the opportunity to learn useful tools about how to build an online e-portfolio.

By sherouk s

Sep 03, 2016

v.v.good

By João P R d F

Dec 05, 2017

It’s very usefulto build a good ePortfolio!

By Daniel F O

Oct 26, 2017

Good additional resources. Helpful exercices

By Andrea C G V

Nov 11, 2016

By Balaji N

Dec 19, 2016

I loved it this course. It was very pleasant in content and flow.

By AHMED S M A E

Nov 01, 2017

good

By Zoya A V

Jul 07, 2017

Muy eficiente.

By Indira L V

May 16, 2018

This course has helped me greatly in presenting myself out there for new job opportunities. My ePortfolio is my new signature and is so different from what everyone else have (Resume, LinkedIn). Also, now I have a better idea of how to explain what I have done in the past and I am currently do in the present. Thank you so much, I feel this specialization is really helping me to improve my writing.

Best,

Indira

By Abdulaziz M A I

Jan 05, 2018

This has been very useful course for personal branding in the social media. I gained a lot!

By omar m f

May 14, 2017

Thanks Mam. I appreciate it.]

By SK M S

Sep 23, 2016

This course is very essential and effective both self and colleagues to do the job in Multi-national platform. Thanks to my instructors and the mentors to frame this kind of courses from the World Renowned Universities.

By Bushra I A J

Oct 23, 2016

Very useful.

Thanks a lot :)

By MP

Feb 02, 2017

Thank so much for this course. I enjoyed the content.

By Christopher M