Back to Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, completing this course will position you ahead of others, so keep reading. In this last course of our Specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the first three courses: Essentials, Intermediate I + II. In the Advanced course, we will prepare you to become a power user of Excel - this is your last step before specializing at a professional level. The topics we have prepared will challenge you as you learn how to use advanced formula techniques and sophisticated lookups. You will clean and prepare data for analysis, and learn how to work with dates and financial functions. An in-depth look at spreadsheet design and documentation will prepare you for our big finale, where you will learn how to build professional dashboards in Excel....

ZN

Sep 13, 2018

This course has really changed my life! I especially loved the section on dashboards, where excel's functions were used creatively to construct interative and dynamic dashboard.

MP

May 25, 2018

This was a great experience in learning Excel. The intro course walks you through the basics but by the time you finish the advanced class you'll see the true power of Excel.

1 - 25 of 145 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

By Tony M

Dec 15, 2018

Course & Specialisation completed successfully #EverybodySayWow. I really enjoyed this course and benefited greatly from completing each course in the specialisation. The format really worked for me. I liked the introductory videos and the initial high level overviews provided by Prashan and Nicky. I also loved the tutorial videos and as the specialisation progressed, found it beneficial to revisit some of these where my knowledge was still lacking. As often said, practise makes permanent so the periodic quiz questions and weekly assessments helped ensure that I really had grasped the learning objectives.

Great Work Macquarie.

The

By Felipe C K

Jun 12, 2019

This was one of the best courses I have ever taken in my esperience as a student I really appreciate the effort your team had put on this

By Mauricio M T

Jun 01, 2019

Some of the questions of the assesments were not seen during the course. Formulas laike indirect, index and match should have further explanation and more practice exercises.

By Thomas

Mar 15, 2019

The skills teached are a nice to have, however, the setup of the course is just poor. I also did intermediate 1 and 2. You can see that this one was just made quickly without much effort. The practice files for week 4 and 5 where never uploaded (even though they mentioned in the discussion forums that they were working on it 1 year ago).

By Rieki V D H

Mar 04, 2019

the final for this course is so hard given how unequipped you are off the practice. a lot of the questions I have no idea what to do. Ruined coursera for me

By Florian D

Feb 22, 2019

Useless. Sure the course teaches some "cool" stuff, that I'm sure is very useful in the real world.

The one star rating is not about the curriculum, it's about the instructors. I feel that they just winged this course. While the beginner and intermediate one courses were very thorough, with plenty of opportunities to practice the material, this course just skims over the concepts. The course videos can be summarized by the student watching the instructor complete his/her spreadsheet. At no point do they spend time to explain the underlying logic behind their choices and the functions they're using...which means that I end up unable to use the formulas in a different context from that of the lectures (and leads me to waste 3 hours of my life per exam trying to figure out everything on my own).

To make matters worse, the practice challenges mentioned at the beginning of each week are nowhere to be found, which means that we have ZERO opportunity to practice using new functions that aren't straightforward at all prior to the exam.

Oh and did I mention that the exam just told you that you have the wrong answer, without telling you why?

Honestly, I was very disappointed with this course. You're better off using Google.

By Liviambranco@hotmail.com

Feb 11, 2019

The course is great and the concepts are easy to understand. It added all necessary skills businesses require. However, it would be nicer if there was more practice material, even if not for grade. Just so who really wants to practice more have more materials offering different situations in which you can apply what we just learned. That is the reason for the 4 stars, needs more exercises to help in the process of refining skills and a deeper understanding of the concepts. Thank you for this opportunity. I am very grateful for it. It will sure help me finding a new job and to be very productive and efficient there.

By KUMAR A

Jun 25, 2019

great course for learning advance excel

By Rina K

Jun 24, 2019

Great course! Specific, clear, informative videos, illustrative tasks and very interesting information. Many thanks to the creators!

By IBRAHIM S

Jun 19, 2019

Great courses.Thank you.

By Vinay P

Jun 15, 2019

Thorough explanation. good course.

By Lorena G

Jun 14, 2019

Lessons were well paced and challenging, super useful tips and information. I have learned a lot

By Mateo S

Excelent program!!

By Hirak D

Very good course for Exce

By

Jun 10, 2019

I am very dissapointed with this last Course. There is a big difference between Pershawns videos (most of the course videos are were made by Pershawn) who always do trick questions with no background information for the students, and Nickys videos who makes very clear explanations and assesments that match with all her explanations. It looks as if Pershawn with his silly explanation is waiting for a Students mistake.

To sum up, the content in this last course was not very helpfull as i have to make an external research in Youtube and consult the forum at every moment in order to solve the questions of the exams.

Having said all these, i want to say that i really enjoy the first 3 levels, and i will try to keep that positive image of the Excel Skills for Business Courses.

Thanks.

By Te S L

Jun 08, 2019

Great!

By Akshay O G

Jun 03, 2019

By Kimmo B

May 31, 2019

Awesome course with perfect challenging exams. I would recommend to all spreadsheet ninjas even if just to brush up and update some skills.

By Danijel B

May 29, 2019

It helped me to improve my Excelskills pretty much, although the last course was pretty heavy (probably because i don't use Excel in English, so i had to look up all the formulas/words). Thank you for this course series, very well done.

By Lê T D

May 28, 2019

It's an extremely hard course!

By Basel A Q

May 23, 2019

What an amazing journey I had with Macquarie University, it was long but it worth all the time.

I thought at first when I signed for "Essentials"... how hard Excel can be?

Well... Here I am, finished the advanced course and I am impressed about how wide the Excel universe is.

Thank you: Dr Yvonne thank you Nikki and thank you Prashan, you were the best instructor.

By Mary R D

May 21, 2019

I am so glad I have completed this Specialization. It was quite a bit of work for me but it was worth it.

By Augusto S D M

May 19, 2019

I am very happy with these courses (Excel Specialization). The professors at Macquarie University are excellent. I highly recommend to all those that are Excel users to take these classes. Does not matter if you are an advanced user because for sure you will learn a lot of things that you never imagine that existed. Thank you so much and please, keep going. I am ready to take more courses from this great university.

By martijn

May 17, 2019

Very practical and good lessons. Missed some practice challenges however

By Isabel S

May 15, 2019

Lovely videos and video teachers. Valuable content. Teachers on the discussion forums are not always helpful or friendly