Back to Human-Centered Design for Inclusive Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Human-Centered Design for Inclusive Innovation by University of Toronto

5.0

This course introduces the principles and practices of human-centered design (also sometimes called “design thinking”) which are essential for developing innovative and inclusive products, services, processes and policies. You will learn by doing, experiencing the design process through exercises and a mini-bootcamp. In this course, you will learn about and experience key human-centered design practices: empathize, reframe, ideate, prototype and test. You will learn why human-centered design is a central component of Gender Analytics. You will develop skills in problem finding (and not just problem solving) by understanding users', stakeholders’ and beneficiaries' lived experiences. You will learn to co-create with diverse stakeholders, develop prototypes, and iterate to develop more innovative solutions. This is the third course of the Gender Analytics Specialization offered by the Institute for Gender and the Economy (GATE) at the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management. It's great on its own, and you will get even more out of it if you take it as part of the Specialization....

IN
Feb 28, 2021

I have really enjoyed this module and the whole program. I highly recommend it and hope I can finish the capstone project.

AK
Mar 1, 2021

It was a really simplified and go to course to run through. I enjoyed learning new things about how to create.

1 - 6 of 6 Reviews for Human-Centered Design for Inclusive Innovation

By Laura E S

May 12, 2021

I've taken dozens of Coursera courses, and this is by far the most practical and valuable one of them all. The workbook, handouts, and methodology are things I'll reuse throughout my career, and I've already begun applying learnings in my professional life from this course.

This course is absolutely worth your time investment.

By Swati T

Jun 8, 2021

Loved this course! Only wish there was a virtual engagement component to meet peers and listen to their reflection on the course and an opportunity to work on a common practical human-centered design challenge for the University of Toronto. Would have loved having a real challenge at hand! Great faculty and course structure!

By Priscila F

Apr 11, 2021

I complete the Gender Analytics Specialization and this course is by far my favorite. It made me reflect so much on my own behaviors. Thank for such an insightful course.

By Ingrid E N

Mar 1, 2021

By Anirbaan K

Mar 2, 2021

By Yadira H

Jun 1, 2021

This course is very interesting and useful. Thank You!