Back to Human-Centered Design for Inclusive Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Human-Centered Design for Inclusive Innovation by University of Toronto

This course introduces the principles and practices of human-centered design (also sometimes called “design thinking”) which are essential for developing innovative and inclusive products, services, processes and policies. You will learn by doing, experiencing the design process through exercises and a mini-bootcamp. In this course, you will learn about and experience key human-centered design practices: empathize, reframe, ideate, prototype and test. You will learn why human-centered design is a central component of Gender Analytics. You will develop skills in problem finding (and not just problem solving) by understanding users', stakeholders’ and beneficiaries' lived experiences. You will learn to co-create with diverse stakeholders, develop prototypes, and iterate to develop more innovative solutions. This is the third course of the Gender Analytics Specialization offered by the Institute for Gender and the Economy (GATE) at the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management. It's great on its own, and you will get even more out of it if you take it as part of the Specialization....

IN
Feb 28, 2021

I have really enjoyed this module and the whole program. I highly recommend it and hope I can finish the capstone project.

AK
Mar 1, 2021

It was a really simplified and go to course to run through. I enjoyed learning new things about how to create.

1 - 2 of 2 Reviews for Human-Centered Design for Inclusive Innovation