Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI

Jul 03, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

251 - 275 of 4,643 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Heiyam K D

Jun 08, 2020

This course helps me a lot in improving my grammar during this pandemic by staying at home. Also this course helps in interacting with people by sharing our skills which improves my experience in using a proper grammar.

By Shukai

Nov 17, 2015

This is a very helpful course for improving your usage of comma. Usually, comma is a very little thing which is easily to be neglect. After having this course, I have more general understanding about the usage of comma.

By Suresh K

Jul 19, 2020

I love this course. I have learned many new things which are not explained in most of the grammar books.

Now, I am very confident to write with proper punctuation marks.

And, I am very thankful to the Course Instructors.

By sneha L k

Once I had no clarity about grammar.But I learned a lot of difference between grammar in this course.Strongly I can say that can I can write grammar perfectly.Thank you so much to Coursera for making my life good one.

By Karen Q C

Nov 29, 2016

Al principio tenía mis dudas sobre el curso, pero a medida que avanzaba aprendí y repasé conceptos de gramática en Inglés que me parecieron bastante útiles, por lo que finalmente decidí apuntarme a la especialización.

By Grace W

May 17, 2016

really helped me a lot, I didn't pay attention to my teacher when I was in school, and the difference is, Chinese teachers don't really teach punctuation. I was always confused about it, and this course really helped.

By Benu P G

Aug 21, 2020

Using complex and compound sentences really enhance the way we express. Further, the punctuation like commas has a great value when it comes to breaking sentences and giving them clarity. Thank you for your guidance.

By Samir S

Jul 27, 2020

Los vídeos son concisos y claros y los ejercicios igual son buenos, pero las actividades con tus compañeros por lo mismo, terminan siendo repetitivos, igual necesitas descargar Firefox para hacer algunas actividades.

By Shyam J M

May 16, 2020

This course is best for English Learner, language is quite simple and understandable because I, whom belongs to a village prone area can understand so why you can't ????

Try for yourself, you can do much better.......

By Mohamed D

Nov 27, 2019

With satisfaction and gratitude, I want to thank the Coursera platform for this great course, it was easy to understand and practice, also, I have learned some new rules never seen before, that was simplified.

thanks.

By Ivonne M

May 17, 2018

Great course! Very well organized, easy to understand and very dynamic. I enjoyed the videos because they were very clear, also the instructor has a very nice voice, which is very important to run courses online.

By Olesia A

Mar 01, 2016

The course provides essential knowledge on basic grammar and punctuation, which iteslf is sufficient for moving towards essay writing. The course is practice-oriented, so be prepared to mastering your writing skills.

By OMAR R P

Jan 04, 2016

This is an excellent course.

I want to recommend this course for everybody.

We can learn in an easy and practical way about tenses and punctuation.

Not only is important to speak well, equally we must to write well.

By Angie P A M

Jul 26, 2020

OMG, I'm SO HAPPY!. I'm was taking this English course and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to pay for the certificate, to be honest but I learned A LOT!. I love it! I'm feeling so much confident with my English skills. :D

By Ingrid K M

Aug 18, 2019

I really loved this course! Now, I feel not only a little more pressure to write correctly, but also more confident. There were a lot of tips we do not receive in standard English courses. So, I highly recommend it.

By Neeraj r

Jul 28, 2018

This course gives a opportunity to learn and revised some valuable tricks, which is used in academics writings and other fields of society.It also gives me a confidence to write something in academics and others.

By Limala

Nov 01, 2015

This course is very good. It helped me a lot to learn to understand English sentence structure and punctuation. I really loved the course because the teacher doesn't patronize too much and explains quickly and well.

By Aurora

Oct 04, 2020

Yeah, I'm sure that I made a lot of improvement in my English grammar, and I make sure that I will recommend this super good course to my friends and my classmates. Thanks to the wonderful teachers from UCI. Peace!

By Md. N S

Jul 27, 2020

It was a very beautiful time, through this lesson, i learned so may things, as like progressive, when use present perfect tense and past perfect, use of comma and how write an essay with elegant.

Thanks to coursera

By SWEETLA T

Sep 11, 2019

Thank You! Coursera for giving me the opportunity to learn Grammar and Punctuation .I have learned so many new skills which is truly helpful to me. My highest appreciation for your kindness. Thank you once again.

By Yolanda E D G

Apr 17, 2018

This is a very worthy course.

While I was taking this course, I discovered many basic mistakes about punctuation; however, I feel now strong enough to keep practicing my writing.

Definitely, I recommend this course.

By Santa

Oct 15, 2020

Great courses! The last English lesson I had was about 5 years ago, that's why I am struggling with grammar a lot these days. This course has helped me remember a lot of stuff I had forgotten. Thank you very much.

By Gbenle I F

Sep 11, 2020

This course has been of great help to me, and I’m really glad. During the period of this course, I have learned how to punctuate correctly, the importance of sentence variety in writing, and to improve my writing.

By Beatrice D

Oct 12, 2015

Whether you have never studied grammar and punctuation, or you need to brush up on your previous knowledge, this course is perfect to learn quickly and precisely. You get just enough theory and plenty of practice.

By Akshay b

Sep 08, 2020

Excellent course which provides basic about Tense, commas, different types of words, and how to write a sentence including good punctuation and so on.

Everyone must attend this course to maintain their vocabulary.