Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

251 - 275 of 3,156 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Hernando Z

Dec 23, 2015

This course has given me very practical tools for my daily job. Now I feel more confident in the way I write sentences. My writing has become more clear and precise.

Thank you very much!

By Aida M

Jan 24, 2018

Great course. I always have problems where to punctuate my sentences and identify compound or complex sentences. Now, I'm able to clear the fog, and I'm ready for Tricky English grammar.

By Rafael A C

Feb 07, 2016

Excellent and simple explanations about the major factors in Grammar and Punctuation. I am honored to finish this course, and I have to congratulate all people involved in this project.

By Parul B

Jan 14, 2016

It was such a great course. With this course, my understanding raised to one level up, indeed. The way it is designed is fantastic. I want to take up the next course as well.

Thanks

Parul

By Disiree O

Nov 10, 2019

I have learned so much. Thank you for this course. I may have to revisit some of the lessons and do more review so I can really master the grammar and punctuation being discussed here.

By Lauren S

Jan 28, 2019

I learned what I came here for. I love that it caters to all levels of learners, and I was still able to get a lot out of it. It was a great refresher to what I learned in high school.

By Shary D

Oct 27, 2015

This course is a very good course. It is well structured, and it has a lot of extra tools(links) to practice more grammar. I really enjoyed this course, and I will advice it to anyone.

By Caroline G G C

Sep 25, 2015

It's been a pleasure to take these classes! The teacher holds the knowledgement and the most important, in my point of view, she knows how to teach!!! Very glad I enrolled this course!

By Anindita S

I liked the course very much. Mainly, the scripts , in between the videos, are very helpful. We can practice and communicate with course mates. I wish to complete other courses ,too.

By Pramanshu R

Oct 22, 2016

A short and concise introduction to basic english grammar blocks including Verbs, Conjunctions, adverbs clause, and type of sentences. Good examples in lectures to make things clear.

By Erin J M

Feb 08, 2016

I enjoyed this course very much. It was easy to breeze through and very informative. It definitely made me a better writer as I became more aware of very common mistakes that I make.

By Dimple

Jan 09, 2019

It was a great learning opportunity. I would like to attend such courses in future, also. I would like to thank coursera team and professors of this " Grammar and Punctuation" team.

By Saad A

Jun 23, 2018

Good course to learn grammar and punctuation. It teaches tenses, types of sentences, and punctuation of those sentences which are the basics of academic writing. Highly recommended.

By Loreto G

Feb 19, 2016

It is a short and simple course, but It seems to be a key course, which give you a lot of tools to improve your grammar and punctuation. A first step to improve your writing skills.

Jan 17, 2016

Highly recommended for anyone looking to improve their grammar and punctuation. Although the course covers a broad area, it doesn't take too much time to finish. Simple and precise.

By Zamira A

Oct 11, 2015

The course helped me immensely to put my knowledge of punctuation and grammar into order. I hope it'll help me to be more confident when I start working on my own pieces of writing.

By Danila G

Oct 09, 2015

I took this course as a refresher, and I am very happy I did so! As I love writing, I wanted to make sure I use proper grammar and punctuation, so this course really came in handy!

By Hassan S A

Jan 05, 2020

It was a great course with a simple method of teaching the content. I learn a lot of writing material now when I'm reading or writing and keep trying to place the rules of English.

By Denny T

Apr 29, 2018

I just want to say thank you very much. This course really helpful and valuable that made me understood more about grammar and punctuation by video, practices quiz, and assignment.

By Tram

Jan 10, 2018

This course helps me understand more about commas, conjunctions, transitions,... Those are just little parts of a sentence but really important to make a perfect academic writing.

By YOUSSEF B

I really enjoy this formation, that helps to improve my English skills and learn more about grammar and punctuation, at least I want to thank Coursera for that amazing formation.

By Deval S

May 16, 2020

The sessions were quite engaging. Also peers graded assignments were amazing. It paved the way to interact with fellow learners. Thank you ! Looking forward to apply this skill !

By Carolina G

Apr 16, 2020

It's a very intensive short program, to learn too many different ways to write properly an essay, a homework, an speech, whatever you can exposed on paper or computer. Very good!

By Diptiman B

Jul 24, 2016

"Grammar and Punctuation" was an excellent course. The instructor made the concepts so easy to understand and practice. This course is highly recommended! Keep up the great work!

By Justine W

Dec 10, 2018

Very thorough - I recommend you watch the videos a coupleof times each, and write notes as you go along to make sure you absorb the rules. I'm more confident about grammar now.