Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI
Jul 2, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

MH
Nov 5, 2020

The course was so fascinating and it deserves everybody's time and effort. I have really enjoyed it and will confidently recommend it to anyone who is looking for a course on grammar and punctuations.

5301 - 5325 of 5,351 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Pier P P

Dec 18, 2015

Contents are interesting and useful, even if the course deals with few topics. I think it is too expensive! A good grammar book is cheaper and more complete.

I would not enroll this course anymore.

By Rodrigo S

Jan 18, 2016

Poor visual communications, it should be better since it is the only way to follow the course.

Should be nice if the slides counted with a kind of animation to enphatize what we are talking about.

By Maxim M

Dec 18, 2016

Very good course! All explanations are clear and too powerful for understanding.

Two stars because all tests you can submit if purchase certificate.

By Xuejing L

Jul 6, 2016

The class itself is quite good. However you can not submit the Module Quiz without purchasing the certificate, which is quite annoying.

By Tahany h a

Aug 25, 2019

This course is very interesting and enjoyable .

I advise any one wanna learn english grammar to start with this course.

By Minhaz I K

Nov 18, 2016

It was a good course. But it doesn't worth the money. Paying $69 is just too much for this elementary course.

By Immanuel R

Jun 12, 2020

It is good, but still needs an improvement. It should be able to train the students in their profession

By Хакимов А Г

Dec 10, 2020

Курс не о чем. Пройти его очень легко, а знаний никаких не прибавилось.

By Christian S B

Jul 24, 2018

None of the practice exercises worked.

By Yuliia H

May 18, 2017

Extremely boring and not really useful

By deng x

Apr 12, 2020

too easy

By VIMIT V

Jul 10, 2020

Good

By Mohamed J

Mar 12, 2016

good

By Vic B

Sep 22, 2018

This course has been very frustrating. I have posted but have not received any peer reviews. I am auditing the course so I don't expect a certificate, but to not be able to have quizzes marked is annoying.

Now in week 3 I am expected to change my online viewing platform part way through the course. These annoyances are such that I am withdrawing from this course and will look to another source for this information.

I have really enjoyed Coursera programs that I have taken in the past, so I hope this course is anomaly and not the norm for other courses.

By Sergi M

Dec 16, 2016

Le doy una estrella porque los cuestionarios están cerrados a no ser que pagues, así que eso de "todos los contenidos del curso gratis" es mentira. Y si es un error, tampoco responden.

Aun así el curso es muy interesante y muy útil de cara a mejorar nuestra redacción en inglés. Vale la pena realizarlo aunque no podamos saber los resultados de los test y por tanto no podremos cerrar el curso, una lástima.

By Shalin A

Jun 26, 2020

This is awesome. every thing is so amazing, but the one thing I didn't like is the people who are not american or understand English well don't understand what the teachers are saying. the next thing that I didn't like is the test can be done only three times and if we didn't pass in three times then we need to wait eight hours to re do the test. the test are also too hard.

By Noemi H

I expected more from this course than what I can find on websites. It is disappointingly shallow. The course is very slow and fails to give a fuller picture. It is nothing like a university course should be. This sure doesn't help me become better at writing in English.

By Syed Y A

Aug 26, 2020

Nothing as I was expecting. Courses need to have more exercises rather than peer graded assignments. No one does the peer graded assignments properly which makes it a complete waste of time. Don't waste your money and time here.

By SugarPlum P

Nov 2, 2021

Had several problems uploading my assignments, and with grading. At one point a assignment was deleted. Also, why isn't there a number or email to contact Coursera support from? I had to use a no-reply email to contact them.

By Brian C

Jan 4, 2020

Horrible subscription policy....

You stole my money....

How can you continuously extract money? Even I didn't take this course continuously. You should inform and stop the credit card billing... What the fuck worst policy!!!!

By EL-ALAMI W

Sep 14, 2020

Course is good, but even I got free enrollment, I can not pass any quiz because it's locked. They said we need to pay to could take exam, but I'am still student without scholarship and can't pay.

By Kerie

Sep 14, 2016

Really disappointed you have to pay to be able to do the quizzes. I thought the whole point of Coursera is to enhance our skills for free and chose to pay for a certificate if we wanted to.