Back to Guided Imagery

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Guided Imagery by University of Minnesota

In this course, you will learn how you can use imagery and imagery interventions to help with symptom management and healing, as well as to enhance overall health and wellbeing. You will experience a variety of imagery interventions and evaluate how they might be helpful in providing relief or enhancing quality of life. By the end of the course, you will know how to assess if guided imagery is appropriate in specific situations or with specific patients. You will be able to find and evaluate guided imagery scripts and recordings you might use. Most importantly, you will learn how to write and record effective guided imagery scripts of your own for specific needs at work or in your personal life. Continuing Education Credit This course has been designed to meet Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 14.5 contact hours and may be eligible for CE credit from other professional boards that allow self-documenting of continuing education activities. It is your responsibility to check with your regulatory board to confirm this course meets your local requirements and, if necessary, to provide them with the certificate of completion you get if you pay for and fulfill all the requirements of this course. This course is also approved by ICHWC (Health Coaching) for 14.5 continuing education units (CEP # 100057)....

MB

Sep 15, 2020

Its a Very powerful Course.It can be a blessing for the patients of depression ,Anxiety and pain.Instructor is wonderful. very practical and theoretically sound and engaging

KB

This course was positive and uplifting. The instructor made you feel you could really put together your own guided imagery. I never thought I could, so, thank you!

1 - 25 of 40 Reviews for Guided Imagery

By Nicola J

Mar 02, 2019

Fabulous course which I found of great personal benefit. I have started to use guided imagery and found that I am able to relax more which makes my muscles less tense that all helps with pain management. I thoroughly recommend this course. My thanks to the educators and course organisers.

By Ana N

Jan 14, 2020

This course gives you the basic and essential tools to create your own recordings for guided imagery. I think that if you complete it you will feel secure to make your own recordings and also to explain to your patients/clients/... what guided imagery is and how it works.

By Catalina S B

Apr 04, 2019

This course will give you extremely valuable tools that could change your life, the health and quality of life of those around you.

By melissa r

Aug 26, 2019

I loved this course. The teacher was effective and obviously skilled in her field.

By Christine

Oct 13, 2019

A wonderful experience and amazing new information.

By Balwinder K

Jun 05, 2020

I feel so fortunate to have this course taught by the best in the world. I am normally very stingy to complement just for the sake. Having learned it from Ms. Susan Thompson was another experience. She seems to be so grounded herself, and delivers all the information like channeling from cosmos. I was in trance thru out whole course like she was not teaching, but guiding with images. Looks like she knows Guided Imagery from 360 degrees angles. I would love to have more courses taught by her.

By Eliza A

Fantastic course, absolutely recommend, it will cover the research for Guided Imagery as well to back up the proven benefits of this tool. Also the preparation for course work and doing assessments for other learners are great practical tasks. Course is wonderful as it makes you to answer lots of questions to make you sure that you have understood everything correctly. I'm happy for being part of this experience. Excellent.

By Aqueelah R

Oct 11, 2020

I really have gained a great deal from this course. I now understand how-to judge botanicals and how to determine what botanicals to purchase. I also now have criteria with regard to making a distinction between botanicals sold over the internet and elsewhere. In addition, I know the sources where I can gain an understanding of the botanical, its use, its safety recommendations.

By L. M

Nov 05, 2019

Susan Thompson, DNP, is a fantastic instructor! In general, the course was low stress, yet so much knowledge and skills were gained. The only complaint is that it takes an eternity to get projects peer-reviewed. This seems to be a common problem with Coursera because of the wide range in the level of focus/commitment and pace of learners.

By Daniel M

Jun 03, 2020

I liked this course very much and i will definitely recommend it. It gave me a different perspective on meditation and more confidence when i learned how much more applications it has. The most interesting and challenging thing was the final peer-review project where we had to create and record a our own guided imagery session.

By Matilde M

Beautifully taught course. The teacher was able to explain in an accurate and concise way the entire experience of practicing Guided Imagery. Wonderful course for anyone wishing to pursue Guided Imagery in a professional environment. The tests and peer-reviewed projects are wonderfully designed. 100% recommend.

By Spencer B

Sep 03, 2020

Even though I was familiar with the practice of guided imagery, I did not have the background to how it works and how to create a script for a specific situation. This course supplied me with the needed experience to feel motivated to continue on.

By Salomé D

May 03, 2020

Excellent course! I struggled a bit at the beginning because guided imagery was very foreign to me but I enjoyed learning about it. And most importantly, I had such a great time writing my own script, I LOVED IT! Thank you!

By Nandini

Jun 23, 2020

Systematically explains to the learner the "what" and "why" of guided meditation. Imparts confidence to learner by setting up doable assignments. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and was able to apply it immediately.

By jacqueline k

May 15, 2020

I highly recommend taking this Guided Imagery course! I will learned far more than Initially expected and felt the content, resources, and workshop Incredibly valuable for both my personal and professional life.

By Muhammad E B B

Sep 15, 2020

By Kamila Ś

Sep 17, 2020

A great course for people who want to learn in a few clear modules how to prepare an effective guided imagery session. Great for both personal and professional goals.

By Kim B

By Melinda

Jan 23, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. The content was interactive and engaging. I learned skills that I can incorporate in my daily life as well as my job.

By Laura M

Sep 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and feel as though the guided imagery I completed was good for a first and I look forward to completing more

By Libi S

May 09, 2020

I loved studying this course. It gave me the foundations and background of Guided Imagery. I feel ready to write some of my own!

By LUIS S A

Oct 16, 2020

Really good option to become further information and knowledge for these techniques. Awesome support and extra docs.

By Kristy L

Aug 24, 2020

Totally loved this course and am already using the skills I learned personally and professionally!

By Janis F

Apr 16, 2019

This was a great introduction to guided imagery. I will definitely use this in my practice.

By JYOTHILEKSHMI C

Jul 29, 2020

The course was good and attending the course was an excellent experience.