Back to Healthy Practices: Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Community and Family Participation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Healthy Practices: Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Community and Family Participation by University of Colorado System

In this course you will find a comprehensive overlook of healthy practices in public schools in the USA, including: physical activity and nutrition in the school setting. We will review the basics of some of the regulatory programs found in the United States that support healthy students through nutrition education and nutrition programs. You will be able to explain some of the nutritional components such as, alternatives to the use of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages. Many of these principles can be applied to students in schools throughout the globe. You will understand how the schools can support physical activity throughout the day and how they can effectively offer physical education. Learners will be able to explain MVPA, or moderate to vigorous physical activity. They will identify this as the newest method for measuring and evaluating what counts as physical activity in terms of METs. Participants in the course will be able to explain the science behind the recommended "60 minutes of Physical Activity" and what counts toward MVPA both during and outside of the school day. Learners will be able to evaluate and explain how what students eat and how they exercise impacts student success. We will provide you with information to help you to promote the teamwork that it takes to implement successful nutritional and physical activity programs. Our discussion will include where to find and how to develop community support and encourage family participation. Later in the course you will understand how attendance impacts student success. Together we will look at real-life examples of programs in a school setting and this will help you to recognize what impact you can have on improving the health and success of students in your own community....

RA

I am very thankful to this course who provided me with good knowledge about healthy practices and its importance especially in the schools

HD

Apr 26, 2020

Lovely course encouraged to talk and share opinion abd experiences.\n\nVery intrsting, lots to think about and put into practice.

1 - 25 of 36 Reviews for Healthy Practices: Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Community and Family Participation

By sumbe n

Better course... Spectacular experience

By Ike c v

Apr 30, 2019

very educative and well presented

By Kamal S

Apr 04, 2019

Very informative

By Thayalani N G

Apr 10, 2019

Although it is a very informative course but it is quite boring but then again the information on nutrition, eating habits, encouraging children to participate, were interesting. However, I do not see the relevance of this topics when it comes to the entire course. Its just my opinion.

By Rajalakshmi R

This is an essential coursefor our students,teachers,parents and the whole community.It really details how to deal with our kids overall activity.The instructor(mam) explained everything in a very crystal clear manner.Thanku Colorado university and coursera for offering this platform.

By L. M

Dec 31, 2019

A nice introduction for the beginning student. I wish there were some solutions regarding the current lunch program -which is nutritionally deficient and in general, a joke. I was so glad to learn about current initiatives like cooking matters. Great course presenters!

By Shashank S T

Apr 15, 2020

I enjoyed going through the videos and course materiel. Indeed, I got lot of insights, which I can practically implement at school sports development segment.

By Rohan A

By HARSHADA D

Apr 26, 2020

Lovely course encouraged to talk and share opinion abd experiences.

Very intrsting, lots to think about and put into practice.

By DANTULURI H

This course is good and i have got to learn many things about the health and nutrition practices in school children.

By Patricia D

Thank you so much for the invaluable information I have received.

I trulY appreciate it.

Patricia Louise DAna

By rahul c

May 07, 2020

my experience about this course is great and also teaching is best ever best.

By Nishant P

May 03, 2020

Actually it's best opportunities to us .

Thank you very much .

By NILAM N

Apr 26, 2020

It is very nice course I learned many things from it

By aula s

Dec 28, 2019

Thank you very much, I enjoyed this course

By Molita R

May 09, 2020

easy to understand and very informative

By Chris S J

Apr 17, 2020

This course is really useful.....

By PANDYA Y U

Its very informative course.

By Zarzi N

May 15, 2020

nice course thanks for you

By Md. A I