Back to Healthy Practices: Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Community and Family Participation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Healthy Practices: Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Community and Family Participation by University of Colorado System

In this course you will find a comprehensive overlook of healthy practices in public schools in the USA, including: physical activity and nutrition in the school setting. We will review the basics of some of the regulatory programs found in the United States that support healthy students through nutrition education and nutrition programs. You will be able to explain some of the nutritional components such as, alternatives to the use of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages. Many of these principles can be applied to students in schools throughout the globe. You will understand how the schools can support physical activity throughout the day and how they can effectively offer physical education. Learners will be able to explain MVPA, or moderate to vigorous physical activity. They will identify this as the newest method for measuring and evaluating what counts as physical activity in terms of METs. Participants in the course will be able to explain the science behind the recommended "60 minutes of Physical Activity" and what counts toward MVPA both during and outside of the school day. Learners will be able to evaluate and explain how what students eat and how they exercise impacts student success. We will provide you with information to help you to promote the teamwork that it takes to implement successful nutritional and physical activity programs. Our discussion will include where to find and how to develop community support and encourage family participation. Later in the course you will understand how attendance impacts student success. Together we will look at real-life examples of programs in a school setting and this will help you to recognize what impact you can have on improving the health and success of students in your own community....

AB

Sep 17, 2020

It was so interesting and got to know many things, how our diet plan should be and how one can start PA and PE in school or college. it was really so helpul . THANK YOU SO MUCH.

ST

Apr 15, 2020

I enjoyed going through the videos and course materiel. Indeed, I got lot of insights, which I can practically implement at school sports development segment.

26 - 50 of 125 Reviews for Healthy Practices: Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Community and Family Participation

By Beyza R A

Oct 17, 2020

I loved what I learned and because they are everyday skills, I will use them for my sister and my life

By DR.MAHADEVAN K

Jun 12, 2020

This topic helped for Healthy practice about Nutrition and physical activities related with community

By AYISHA R 2

Jul 13, 2020

This course helps me to know more about the health practices . Thank you for this wonderful course.

By Bilqees F

Jul 20, 2020

It was really amazing i learnt alot of things from this course regarding healthy services

By Zaheen z k

Aug 05, 2020

Very informative. Deep knowledge about nutrition community and family participation.

By Kush k

Sep 29, 2020

good knowledgeable course . being health lifestyle . thnkew so much ..

By Devendra D

Sep 27, 2020

It is very detail

Also I

One to read the notes than watch the videos

By Jenneth C P

Aug 01, 2020

It teaches me the value of healthy practices and physical activity.

By Salim A

Oct 01, 2020

Good course and an important piece of information for every one.

By Likitha M

Sep 03, 2020

Very interesting course.. Eve Kutchman is a very good Professor.

By Nishant P

May 03, 2020

Actually it's best opportunities to us .

Thank you very much .

By STEPHY A

Aug 04, 2020

It's a very good course with an amazing group of faculties...

By Ann E

Sep 27, 2020

This course helps me a lot

My sincere gratitude to coursera.

By Amal A O

Aug 26, 2020

thank you for a trust info. and the links that is amazing!!

By Savadali P

I have interested this course.

Good, and Excellent course

By M. S P

This course is very interesting and understanding.

By SOWRAL. S P

Sep 14, 2020

Good experience with this course.,useful for me.

By Indirani K

Aug 17, 2020

excellent course , course materials and lecture

By Sukhwinder k

Sep 08, 2020

Very good

Certificate not available till now

By Mary G A M

Sep 28, 2020

very informative and easy to understand...

By Bindu V S

Aug 14, 2020

Great information about health of students

By VINAYAK M

Jul 18, 2020

Amazing Course with excellent information.

By aula s

Dec 28, 2019

Thank you very much, I enjoyed this course

By Sultan A A

Sep 17, 2020

What an educative and interesting course.

By Naiany J

Aug 04, 2020

amei o curso, muito bom e bem elaborado.