Back to Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes by The Museum of Modern Art

This course is designed to help build critical skills that support theme-based teaching practices and build confidence in incorporating modern and contemporary art into interdisciplinary lesson plans. By addressing themes and questions that arise in relation to modern and contemporary art, the course will help you to think creatively about links to your curriculum and the ways that you can tap into students’ knowledge and life experience. In this course, you will explore four themes that educators at The Museum of Modern Art use frequently in their teaching: Places & Spaces, Art & Identity, Transforming Everyday Objects, and Art & Society. Through videos, slideshows, and a variety of resources, readings, and activities, you will explore the content and context of works of art in MoMA’s collection. Learners will… - Explore works of modern and contemporary art through a variety of themes that relate to classroom content and student experience. - Hear directly from artists about their ideas and processes. - Learn about the ways that a thematic approach supports interdisciplinary teaching and learning. - Gain exposure to a range of digital resources available for teaching with themes and incorporating content around works of art into your classroom....

CA

Feb 14, 2017

This course was a wonderful and thorough introduction to Modern Art. So insightful and informative! I'd recommend it to anyone! It has definitely enhanced my lesson planning and teaching style.

AN

Apr 10, 2018

With no background in Art, I found this course extremely useful. The course is well designed and rigorous. Very good reading material and good ideas to take to a classroom.

1 - 25 of 37 Reviews for Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes

By Estefanía M

Feb 12, 2020

Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes has definately fulfilled my expectations. It has helped me to bring together both of my favourite disciplines ART and TEACHING. I have really enjoyed the Video and lecturing material, but the best has been the small projects and final written piece that we have to present because it really summarises your knowledge and brings together both ART and TEACHING SKILLS.

I have also found a great insight in revising and reading other colleagues' work, they are all so unic and different and somehow they all show our own individual interests. So that was eye opening. I revised a Chinese colleague and the work he was discussing on his final work really made a big impact on me, since I am very fond of caligraphy and watercolours.

Personally, I have learnt critical, very creative and definately great interdisciplinary approach to teaching, which I think is the way forward in teaching. I am very surprised and happy of having done this course. Thank you.

By Anna S

Sep 25, 2018

It's a very great course. I found it very usefull to introduce art in classroom by theme.

By Maria G A

Aug 19, 2018

This course gave me inspiration to use art in the classroom, even though I am not an art teacher. Even more, it makes me think about how to connect art with the curriculum I have to teach in Social studies and foreign languages and motives me to cooperate with other colleagues, who teach others subjects at school, to find some common topics to teach by using art.

The videos and literature selected by the instructors are easy to understand and provide with many different ways to work with this theme.

The instructors and curators from MoMa are experienced and passionate teachers!

By Cerise A

Feb 14, 2017

By AJAYKUMAR K N

Apr 10, 2018

By Nassy P B L

Feb 11, 2019

Este curso aporto una visión diferente de ver y como yo puedo aportar en el mundo de la enseñanza del arte, me pareció excelente, muy recomendado.

By Shereen Q

Feb 12, 2018

It was a great professional development course for out arts department. The best thing is being able to complete it at our own time.

By paula d

Oct 02, 2019

It was great to be walked through different theme ideas as well as be prompted to think how I could use themes in my art teaching.

By Richard P

Dec 20, 2016

Useful and engaging ideas. Videos and links are very useful and can be directly used or adapted for the classroom.

By Anna K

Mar 14, 2018

Thank you very much, this course offers lots of different ideas and ways how to present art to various groups.

By Cecilia E

May 26, 2019

Very professional, practical , analytical and fun!!

The course helped me explore into my deeper inner.

Thanks!!

By Yuri K

Jan 28, 2017

New ideas! It's really a very interesting course to apply new vision techniques!

By alejandra

Jun 04, 2019

I can't wait to use this techniques at my classroom! I love it! :)

By Luis R L

Aug 27, 2019

Useful, it makes me feel prepared for students and with my self.

By Fredrick A

Dec 05, 2019

Really enjoyed the course! Rising levels of challenge. But fun.

By Ren

Dec 18, 2016

A greatly informative course that's also really enjoyable!

By Laura C

Jan 13, 2020

A very well-structured and enlightening course.

By sherrie s

Jul 10, 2018

Great ideas and information in this class!

By Lebene L

Jan 16, 2019

loved everything about it. Great course!

By Angela M F

May 15, 2017

Thanks! I did really enjoy this course!!

By Jamie H

Dec 22, 2017

A great course for art teachers.

By Verónica T

Aug 31, 2017

Excellent course. I regret it!

By Larissa P

May 26, 2018

Great, dinamic and complete.

By Marcus W