Back to Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes by The Museum of Modern Art

This course is designed to help build critical skills that support theme-based teaching practices and build confidence in incorporating modern and contemporary art into interdisciplinary lesson plans. By addressing themes and questions that arise in relation to modern and contemporary art, the course will help you to think creatively about links to your curriculum and the ways that you can tap into students’ knowledge and life experience. In this course, you will explore four themes that educators at The Museum of Modern Art use frequently in their teaching: Places & Spaces, Art & Identity, Transforming Everyday Objects, and Art & Society. Through videos, slideshows, and a variety of resources, readings, and activities, you will explore the content and context of works of art in MoMA’s collection. Learners will… - Explore works of modern and contemporary art through a variety of themes that relate to classroom content and student experience. - Hear directly from artists about their ideas and processes. - Learn about the ways that a thematic approach supports interdisciplinary teaching and learning. - Gain exposure to a range of digital resources available for teaching with themes and incorporating content around works of art into your classroom....

CS

Mar 26, 2020

Thank You So Much MoMa and Cousera !! I'm super in love with this courses, it really help me a lot and teach me a lot ..And I will continue to choose any others course in MoMa,in Cousera ! Thank You

CA

Feb 14, 2017

This course was a wonderful and thorough introduction to Modern Art. So insightful and informative! I'd recommend it to anyone! It has definitely enhanced my lesson planning and teaching style.

26 - 50 of 85 Reviews for Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes

By Chandra H

Aug 20, 2020

I really enjoyed learning so much about art in this class. I am an art teacher, but I have not received my art endorsement yet. This was really an enjoyable learning experience.

By Natalie C

Jun 06, 2020

I deeply appreciate the thoughtfulness and clarity of the works chosen. It made me excited to use art in the classroom and to continue learning about art on my own.

By PEIYI M

Jun 04, 2020

This is a really fun and informative course! Highly recommended for educators or art industry professionals looking for ways to better engage audience.

By RJ

Apr 20, 2020

I enjoyed this course! The tools I'm taking with me are amazing and I can't wait to put them into practice. The instructor videos were wonderful!

By Shereen Q

Feb 12, 2018

It was a great professional development course for out arts department. The best thing is being able to complete it at our own time.

By Elena K

Oct 03, 2020

This is a great course to learn about new works of art and how to teach with various themes. Thank you MoMa for this great course!

By paula d

Oct 02, 2019

It was great to be walked through different theme ideas as well as be prompted to think how I could use themes in my art teaching.

By Rishab M

Absolutely wonderful course, got to learn new things that i can implement in my virtual classroom...thanks to Coursera

By Richard P

Dec 20, 2016

Useful and engaging ideas. Videos and links are very useful and can be directly used or adapted for the classroom.

By Denisse M A M T

Jun 01, 2020

excelente curso, sencillo y con mucho contenido, apropiado para enseñar a estudiantes de varios niveles, gracias

By Mario S

May 02, 2020

This Course improve my skills as a teacher, giving me more tools, like the different themes to incluye un class.

By Anna K

Mar 14, 2018

Thank you very much, this course offers lots of different ideas and ways how to present art to various groups.

By Cecilia E

May 26, 2019

Very professional, practical , analytical and fun!!

The course helped me explore into my deeper inner.

Thanks!!

By mandy B e

Jun 10, 2020

i Mandy Evans, OF CAVE, CITY ARKANSAS LEARN A LOT ABOUT DIFFERENT TYPES OF THEMES OF ARTS .

By Joe L

May 09, 2020

Such a fun class with great ideas for getting young learners excited about modern art.

By Lorena M

Thank you Moma for this excellent course, it give us good tools to work with pupils.

By Stella K

Jun 17, 2020

The course is very stimulating. I have learned so much about teaching strategies

By Yuri K

Jan 28, 2017

New ideas! It's really a very interesting course to apply new vision techniques!

By Gabriele R

Jul 30, 2020

Fascinating methodology for the dissemination and learning of contemporary art.

By John A S C

Apr 06, 2020

Fácil y práctico

Muy bien estructurado

Excelente plataforma

Contenido idóneo

By alejandra

Jun 04, 2019

I can't wait to use this techniques at my classroom! I love it! :)

By Arijit B

Apr 08, 2020

Very good for interested students. Holds up the standards of MoMA

By Luis R L

Aug 27, 2019

Useful, it makes me feel prepared for students and with my self.

By Fredrick A

Dec 05, 2019

Really enjoyed the course! Rising levels of challenge. But fun.

By Samboy D F

Aug 02, 2020

The course is relevant and interesting. It helped me a lot.