Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

GV

Apr 25, 2020

it is really a good, and interesting course offered by coursers. the teaching staff and the proffers exp land in a detailed and understandable way and made the course essay to understand and workout.

226 - 250 of 777 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Dinh P T

Oct 26, 2016

Great course, I have already had previous experiences with coding but the instructors made the course so enjoyable for me.

By Anna-Kristina P

Dec 13, 2018

A great introduction to using python and with really interesting mini projects that make you want to complete the course.

By sunwen

Oct 20, 2017

Very good class! Not too hard but very interesting. I feel very excited when I see the games that I wrote is working out.

By Dimitris P

Aug 08, 2016

Excellent lesson, gave in a gamified reason the basic principles of computing.

Congratulations for the inspired projects!

By Christian R

Oct 25, 2017

very entertaining and highly informative. learning curve has an appropriate slope. 5 stars and hence 100% recommendable

By Carly T

Oct 02, 2017

I like this course so much. it was funny by making game every week that really inspired my interests of studying python.

By McWelling H T

Sep 20, 2017

Rice university is lucky to have Warren and Rixner. I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to pick up python.

By Hae-Ji P

Sep 13, 2018

This is the perfect course to improve programming skills in python. Especially, mini-projects were awesome! Had fun! :)

By tian t

Apr 12, 2017

Amazing course! I love the projects are designed. One really has to do some practical exercise to improve coding skills

By Kaushiki

Apr 20, 2020

I really liked this course as every assignment contained an interesting game and I learned Code Skulptor tool as well.

By Moyang L

Nov 04, 2019

Thanks for the professors and advisors designing and contributing to this course! I learned lot through the projects.

By Дилбарян А Р

Oct 25, 2018

Great!! I can tell, it was the best experience in my life! I'm thrilled to continue study Python and other languages.

By Sharath R

Aug 08, 2017

Very good course.....very helpful.....starts from scratch and end in a very professional manner.....thank you so much.

By Bockelmann, G

Sep 13, 2019

The course was very nice. It started from zero knowledge and the learning curve was good. It is highly recommendable.

By Christian T

Sep 14, 2018

Great professors, very dedicated, talented and knowledgable. Clearly experts. Very clear instruction. Will Recommend!

By Derk-Jan W

Dec 01, 2016

Excellent and fun course (part1+2), thank you very much! It has given me the head start in Python I was looking for.

By Prakhar D G

Jul 25, 2016

Very nicely taught. Well structured and content was very apt. A big thanks to coursera team. Extremely satisfied. :)

By Anne E M

Jan 07, 2020

great for learning how to use python language and highly recommended for people interested in learning how to code

By Sam N D J

Feb 19, 2018

Week 3 Assignment. I find it difficult in submitting my Mini Project. Can get from the instructors of coursera .

By sreekar

Feb 21, 2019

For a complete python beginner, this is fun way to get initiated. Great teaching and great material to work on .

By Daniel R

Dec 12, 2018

Very good course, I wish that they had used Django or some other python framework for GUI interaction though.

By Yijia X

Oct 05, 2016

its really helpful for beginners! And the games I made I bragged around friends and parents! This is awesome!

By Nart A

Jun 18, 2016

lectures were pretty clear, and the game projects were a very smart way to keep learning fun and challenging.

By Siwei L

Sep 14, 2017

Excellent course!! The assignments are very interesting and the professors and the mentors are very helpful!

By Mohamed S

Feb 16, 2017

Excellent course, very rigorous and makes you work hard but if you put in the effort you really learn a lot.