Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

226 - 250 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Szabó S

Jul 28, 2016

very amusing and useful, with loveable and passionate professors!

By Maria

Aug 13, 2017

One of the best introduction to programming courses I've taken.

By Muhammad A

Jan 02, 2018

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

By Alexandru J

Apr 01, 2016

Great course. I enjoyed it a lot.

By MANISH P

Nov 17, 2016

Excellent Course. Mini Projects teach you a lot.

By Szilárd M

Feb 12, 2018

Best team ever, I learn a lot, and also I had fun. Thanx

By Arpan K

Aug 07, 2016

Most fun loving Profs and most fun-filled course. Thanks Coursera and RIce University

By Tran N K

May 09, 2017

Great course. There are many skill that you will get: Python programming, representation vector, velocity in code, event handler...

By Ikseon K

Mar 06, 2018

Professors really tried to teach us in more fun and more interesting way. Thanks for their support and help with our understanding Python and computer science. :)

By Ron W

Oct 03, 2016

I've taken several different online Python courses, completing some and not others. This one works for me. The interactive aspect allows you to see the results of your coding graphically. Other courses tend to start with theory and basic concepts detached from practical application or illustrated in isolation. This course has you applying the basics that make simple actions happen (programs) in their interactive interpreter.

If you're like me and have tried the other courses by MIT (edX), Udacity, those offered on StackSkills, CodeSchool, Pluralsight, codecademy, et. al., this one rises to the top because of the balance of academic instruction and graphical interactivity (and despite the lame jokes! -just kidding, guys).

By 巴图

Apr 27, 2016

great!

Nov 27, 2017

I took this course because it seemed like the best intro to Python for my goals that Coursera had to offer. While the content lived up to its expectations, the video lectures by the professors made the course stand out. Their sense of humor and watching them compete against each other, playing the games that we were assigned to program, added a human touch to the learning experience. It made you feel attached to the course the same way that you feel attached to watching characters of your favorite TV show. I highly recommended this course for people who want to learn Python from scratch.

By Sergio M L B

Sep 13, 2016

Fun and useful

By Guadalupe G

Apr 14, 2016

This is the perfect course for people with no knowledge in programming. The lectures are easy to follow, and the best part is that the assignments, apart from strengthen the theory, are very fun!

By warpaint

Jun 11, 2018

A very fun course and easy for beginners

By Aleksander K

Mar 13, 2016

Great course for beginners.

I'm a network engineer and now I need to have a Python in my tool belt to do my job. This course is a great point to start.

By Anastasiya

Apr 07, 2016

Thank you for this course! Best teachers ever

By Yves-Heng L

Aug 11, 2016

Very great introduction (and it s coming from someone with 0 computer skills)

By Jaffar K

Jan 26, 2017

Verz well designed and explained videos and support from the staff

By Sheeraja

Nov 20, 2016

The course was extremely good and easy to understand!!

By Stacey B

Feb 06, 2018

Enjoying the class so far and really learning a lot.

By Alberto B

Sep 18, 2017

Very informative and fun!

By Gitesh C

Aug 28, 2017

Excellent delivery of topics ! I did this course back in 2013 when part 1 and 2 was a one single course. I not only learnt python but got an amazing game "Spaceships" to my resume as well. Plus, it was so much fun making that video game.

By Miranda L

Apr 21, 2018

Fun professors. Fun projects. Valuable lessons.

By Mohamed A J

Sep 19, 2017

Great course, but not for absolute absolute beginners.