Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

101 - 125 of 672 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Kelly Q

Aug 18, 2018

Em, I feel really grateful to have participated in this course. It's quite fun, a little bit challenging yet useful and most importantly gave me great sense of achievement .

I want to express my sincere thanks to Joe, Scott and John who give me this lesson. Thank you a lot and I will join the part 2 soon.

By JARLINTON M Z

Aug 19, 2018

Good course for review some fundamentals knowledge

By AARTHI N

Sep 03, 2018

Enjoyed the course

By Jayden

Oct 06, 2018

This is a excellent course for you to start programming in Python

By Emil K

Oct 17, 2018

Very, very good material and great overlap of what is required in the quiz / assignments with what is taught. The instructors had fun teaching this course and so did I. Great job, thank you!

By ALOK Y

Oct 19, 2018

It's been a great course for me.I would like to thank all the teachers, without their valuable advice I will not be able to complete this course.Coursera is a great platform to learn many things.

By Kwon Y

Oct 08, 2018

good!!!

By Jeremiah T

By Yashasvi V

Oct 09, 2018

A good course to get started.

By Luis B

Oct 22, 2018

Is amazing the way Im learning thru this class...

By Andres H

Oct 22, 2018

This course its a little hard walk through in the programing basic concepts, although the concepts are very funny to learn they lead to a deep understanding of programming essentials

By Mark S

Oct 11, 2018

This was a great introductory course to Python. I got a solid understanding of the syntax and basic constructs of the language, and I was able to complete the Pong game using the information in the class. I am interested in learning more about Python and using it for some file manipulation and infrastructure automation!

By Дилбарян А Р

Oct 25, 2018

Great!! I can tell, it was the best experience in my life! I'm thrilled to continue study Python and other languages.

By Zhujun L

Nov 05, 2018

The structure of the course encourages students to write code on their own, which is the best way to learn a programming language.

The professors in this course explain concepts clearly, and they are fun!

By Blaise B

Nov 08, 2018

Great course. I started with zero programming experience. But I am gradually building skills that empower me to solve problems. The classroom lectures are aren't too long nor boring. Concepts are explained in a clear and concise manner and you can try them out in real time.

I completed Part I of the course in less than one week. Highly recommend.

By Khubaib K

Nov 13, 2018

Great material and learnt a lot.

The thing that makes this course really insightful and great is that Professor Joe and Scott made us learn the Interactive programming without going into the deep libraries of Python such as 'pygame' by making a custom development environment CodeSkulptor for us.

And the thing that makes this course interesting is how both Professors Scott and Joe play the game with each other at the end of each module.

Looking forward to join part 2 of this course to learn more cool and amazing things.

By KWONSEMOK

Nov 14, 2018

G

By Kim M C

Nov 16, 2018

good

By EmmaG

Nov 18, 2018

learned a lot ,thanks

By Maksim U

Nov 17, 2018

I have never had any experience with programming before this course. It was a pleasure to complete the course, the material is well-structured and the tasks are reasonably challenging. I would really recommend this course to all newbie programmists.

By Muhammed B K

Nov 20, 2018

perfect

By Jiaxin G

Jul 10, 2017

perfect

By Danny K

Apr 21, 2017

This was a great introductory course! It was fun, challenging, and fulfilling. It's not particularly easy for beginner programmers (like myself), but the professors do a good job of making the material approachable and palatable. Also, be prepared for some math! Overall: 5/5 :)

By zc52rd

Aug 20, 2017

Reliable instructors teach in an attractive way. It's awesome having put the all the knowledge I wanted into the learning process where I even have not felt a little tired.

Really enjoy learning in this class, the experience is fantastic and unforgettable.

By Lianna

Jan 14, 2018

Awesome course! It starts off slowly so it was appropriate for a beginner like me. I look forward to the rest of the specialization.