Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

VL
May 28, 2017

The best python course i ever had thanks to the teachers therereally awesome, and the classes are very pleasant. if your aout there trying to start with programming, i definitely recommend this course

GV
Apr 24, 2020

it is really a good, and interesting course offered by coursers. the teaching staff and the proffers exp land in a detailed and understandable way and made the course essay to understand and workout.

201 - 225 of 828 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Zou S

Jun 11, 2017

Very good and well-organized course , full of fun. I really enjoy the course and the games and I learn a lot . Thank you so much for Scott and Joe.

By Hossam B

Aug 24, 2016

I haven't finished the course yet, but it's great. The course is really fun, the academic material is really useful and course staff are friendly.

By Márton A N

Aug 3, 2017

Fantastic! Quality work from the instructors on both the videos and the infrastructure created for this course. I plan on doing the whole series.

By CQ H

Mar 30, 2020

The projects are challenging and I felt a great sense of accomplishment after competing this course. I have greater appreciation for programmer!

By James J P

Apr 5, 2018

I enjoyed this course. It had plenty of relevant projects, that helped guide the learning in a fun framework, and made the material accessible.

By Emil D

Aug 31, 2017

I think this is well designed course and also enough challenging . I was surprised that it is possible to learn that much on an online platform.

By Pablo S G

Apr 28, 2017

Este curso me ha enseñado mucho y muy bien. También me ha aportado la motivación que hace falta para seguir aprendiendo más cosas por mi cuenta.

By Supriya S

Sep 14, 2016

The instructors are good and have made the course a lot of fun. This course has been simplified enough to appeal to even high school students.

By Xiao L Z

Jan 16, 2019

I think it's an excellent course. It's interesting and I've got a lot fun from it. Thanks to Prof. Joe Warren, Scott Rixner and Jhon Greiner!

By Ricardo L

Jan 3, 2019

Awesome course. A good way to remember some basic aspects of Python, and to learn new things by developing fun games. I totally recommend it.

By Sergio J S

Mar 18, 2018

It was a great introduction to Python, I highly recommend it to anybody trying to learn programming, it was understandable and very applied.

By Bart L

Feb 8, 2019

Excellent course. If you are familiar with other programming languages, this course might be a bit easy. Nonetheless, I still learned a lot!

By Tom S

Jun 1, 2017

The course is excellent and still is more than a sum of its parts. The skills learned are very applicable to business and industry problems.

By Robert S

Jun 9, 2016

Well structured course. Great videos and materials. Really enjoyed the tasks and assignments, who thought you could have fun programming ;-)

By Jakob P

May 12, 2018

Great introduction to the functionality of Python. The material is basic stuff, but the teachers are great and the problems are fun to do.

By Jeffrey L

May 31, 2016

Great course! Well organized and the professors really like teaching. They always know how to keep it fun and interesting along the way.

By Jeong S K

Jun 2, 2018

Course really gets you involved and it wasn't what I expected. I thought this would be another straight cut class but it's very through.

By Joseph O

Aug 2, 2017

Excellent course! I truly learned a lot throughout this course. Every materials are instructed in detail which made me easy to follow up

By Amber S

Jun 1, 2020

Awesome course. Instructors are awesome! I am a fan of their sense of humor and passion for teaching, gaming, coding and t-shirts too!!

By Martin T

Dec 8, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. The whole structure and the teachers made it really easy for me to stay motivated. I can recommend this!

By Lianna

Jan 14, 2018

Awesome course! It starts off slowly so it was appropriate for a beginner like me. I look forward to the rest of the specialization.

By Nicolau O d S

Sep 27, 2017

The course is very good. The videos are clear and the assignments make it easy for progressive learning. I'm learning a lot from it.

By Alice L

Jun 23, 2017

I highly recommend this course. It's good and challenging, and the instructors are very good at introducing standards and concepts.

By Tran N K

May 9, 2017

Great course. There are many skill that you will get: Python programming, representation vector, velocity in code, event handler...

By Paramjot S

May 6, 2019

Wonderful course to get you started with problem solving using python. Very engaging content as well as instructors. Thanks a ton!