Back to Introduction to Clinical Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Clinical Data Science by University of Colorado System

This course will prepare you to complete all parts of the Clinical Data Science Specialization. In this course you will learn how clinical data are generated, the format of these data, and the ethical and legal restrictions on these data. You will also learn enough SQL and R programming skills to be able to complete the entire Specialization - even if you are a beginner programmer. While you are taking this course you will have access to an actual clinical data set and a free, online computational environment for data science hosted by our Industry Partner Google Cloud. At the end of this course you will be prepared to embark on your clinical data science education journey, learning how to take data created by the healthcare system and improve the health of tomorrow's patients....

AS

Oct 29, 2019

Very nice overview of a very complex topic. Somewhat superficial in some areas, but this is an introduction class and covered everything to an acceptable degree. A very intimidating topic.

ET

Oct 15, 2019

One great course I will recommend to people. Had the chance to learn so much, especially about the MIMIC III dataset as I am using it for a project in AI. Thank you for this course.

1 - 25 of 45 Reviews for Introduction to Clinical Data Science

By Jean-Michel B

May 19, 2019

The class teaches a great combination of industry clinical data models concepts and sample data sets, access to cloud-based Bigquery from Google and RStudio, progressive coding exercises bringing it all together.

By qianmengxiao

Jun 01, 2019

very good course.Introduce me to EHR. Refresh on my SQL. And nice programming enviormnemt. Week 4 video could be more. R part is a bit weak.

By Barbara J D

Jul 05, 2019

I really enjoyed this course very much. I'm hoping completing the Clinical Data Science Specialty will give me enough experience with medical data so that I can get a job as a Medical Data Analyst or Data Warehouse/ETL developer for a medical company.

By Hahn S

Sep 08, 2019

Very well organized! Explanations are good and detailed enough, most examples are helpful for understanding important concepts and acquiring essential skills and knowledge. I would strongly recommend this lecture to ones who are not in the medical/healthcare field, but need to work on clinical data. Thank you!

By Rollie P

May 19, 2019

Great introduction to fundamental concepts. May be challenging for those without any prior experience in SQL or R.

By Fernando E L M

Feb 12, 2019

Easy to understand, very professional and studying material is clear and relevant. I definitely recommend this course to jump into the clinical and healthcare data science world.

By Paolo D L

Apr 04, 2019

The material is presented very clearly, and exercises are easy to understand and complete but really test one's knowledge of the material.

By Mitchell G

Jul 26, 2019

Great course! This course covers so much content in a condensed format without overwhelming the student. Great foundation for clinical data science. I'm looking forward to taking the subsequent courses!

By Govindarajula A k

Sep 01, 2019

When I started the course I was in impression that this would be like another run of the mill kind but after going through the modules, my perception got changed. I really picked up many terms and understood how data science techniques operate in Clinical domain. Certainly this course makes you to learn many new concepts, make you actually work on them. Planning to complete the remaining modules

By Rajesh J

May 17, 2019

Great introduction to the clinical data science domain and toolsets

By DEBRAH D A

Aug 28, 2019

Before i started this course , i had no idea about SQL . this course introduced me to SQL, i did further research and learning on SQL, I was excited about it because of how interesting it is.

Laura the Tutor is so amazing and its very easy to follow her.

the only thing about this course content that i wish for was that if the SQL programming language part could be taught more. i had to use another platform to learn more about it. that is how i was able to finish most of assessment 3 and 4. but in all it is a great course and has opened up so many opportunities for me

By Andrés L

Nov 06, 2019

The 2 first week were nice, the 3rd was good enough, the directions were not very clear and I had to spend certain time to find out what and how I had to do, the 4th week was awful, the directions were not friendly and I spent too much time trying to make RMarkdown work and doing the excercises. However I finally could complete it, I think the course meet the objective as an introduction course, the topic is complex but very interesting. Bigquery and RMarkdown access provided for this course was very useful and it was a very good experience.

By Anushadevi M

Mar 02, 2019

Great introductory course for aspiring clinical data scientists

By Thomas J H

Apr 08, 2019

Enjoyed that the instructor took a Tidyverse orientation, and matched it with the SQL query work. This connects two seemingly separate coding skills, and makes both easier to learn and master in a highly practical -- real-world functional -- way.

By Seth R

Mar 08, 2019

Great introduction to clinical data science covering a range of topics such as informatics, SQL, data science, R and the R Tidyverse.

By Ayush T

Feb 13, 2019

This is a good introductory course on Clinical Data Science.

By Joubert F

May 05, 2019

Overall, good ! The introduction to R is confusing

By Angela B

May 10, 2019

I enjoyed this course. I felt the material presented was concise and easy to understand.

By Monique B W

Jun 24, 2019

I really enjoyed this class. I had to go slowly because I was busy, but it was just the right amount of information for me.

By Pothala R

Jun 27, 2019

Nice course

By Kazuki Y

Jul 16, 2019

It was a nice starting point of R for me.

By Mor K

Jul 22, 2019

A nice introduction!

By Kamran k

Jul 27, 2019

excellent module with hands-on exercises and quiz.

By justin c

Aug 10, 2019

Great intro and ability to build a base for early script writing.