Back to Introduction to Software, Programming, and Databases

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Software, Programming, and Databases by IBM Skills Network

There are many types of software and understanding software can be overwhelming. This course aims to help you understand more about the types of software and how to manage software from an information technology (IT) perspective. This course will help you understand the basics of software, cloud computing, web browsers, development and concepts of software, programming languages, and database fundamentals. After completing this course, you will have a better understanding of software processes, and you'll be more confident in your understanding of using and securing your applications. In this course, you'll learn about software that ranges from the operating system running on your mobile phone to the applications that run databases on your computer at work. You'll also begin to understand more about installing and managing web browsers, using extensions and plug-ins, and keeping web browsers secure and updated. Additionally, you'll see how cloud-based technologies can help businesses create and deploy applications more quickly. This course will also teach you about the development and delivery of software and applications. By the end of the course, you'll understand simple programming concepts and types, and you'll become more familiar with the fundamentals of database management....

DH

Jun 15, 2022

Very intense course! I've learned quite a bit. A lot of things became clearer for me when it comes to data and programming. I've found that I like it more than before.

SG

May 4, 2022

This course really helped me to gain new knowledge about software, programming and databases. Video lessons are so nice.

1 - 22 of 22 Reviews for Introduction to Software, Programming, and Databases

By KRISHNA P

Apr 23, 2022

In some questions correct answers are not provided in the course ,respected instructor please check answer key

By Mr. A A

Aug 26, 2022

Although I am a tyro, a complete novice with the use of computer. I want to thank you all instructors for all that you are releasing in these courses, especially these ones that I have completed. I really want to know, and I will continue to read and read again until I am on top of it. But I want to plead with the writing team to please try and proofread before posting. Although English is my second language, and I am not too good but then then puntuations are very key because they can make a lot of difference in what one reads, and also helps one to underastand better. But above all, you are great! Thank you immensely,

By Lisa T M

Jul 3, 2022

I have done multiple online courses through coursera. Very few courses incorporate labs into their curriculum. I was pleasantly surprised by all the labs requirring me to get some hands-on knowledge on how to use the software on my own in the future. All the course material is relevant and in use today. Really enjoyed this one. So much co that I was looking forward to every test and every lab walkthrough.

By Demestra R H

Jun 16, 2022

By Sindusanka A G

May 5, 2022

By Ahmed M O S E M

Nov 18, 2022

Thank you so much for all that you offered, support, and genuine education method

By CHRISTOPHER K

Dec 20, 2022

Wonderful course, great content and much insightful.

By Robert J

Jul 12, 2022

challenging course for real life challenges

By Felipe M

Jul 26, 2022

It was a really interesting course

By KDMF F (

Jul 1, 2022

Muito bom!! aprendi muito.

By ALONSO E L A

Sep 9, 2022

Thanks

By Zaki A

Oct 4, 2022

GOOD

By Mini h

May 29, 2022

good

By Themba S

Sep 2, 2022

.n

By Mohamed Y

Aug 30, 2022

By Joshua A

Jun 1, 2022

excellent introductory concepts to software, programming and databases.......thank you IBM for putting together this wonderful and enlightening course.............

By Nicky G