Back to IS/IT Governance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for IS/IT Governance by University of Minnesota

Firms make significant investments in IT. In the IS/IT Governance course we will discuss how to govern IT to make sure that the IT investments contribute to organizational goals and strategies. Firms need to formally evaluate significant IT investments. IT investments are also risky, so firms need to consider the risk associated with the investments to appropriately evaluate the investment. We will discuss how to evaluate IT investments. Firms usually make multiple IT investments in a given year. In this course we will discuss how to evaluate a portfolio of IT investments. Firms need a mechanism to charge users for the IT investments made to encourage prudent consumption of IT resources. We will discuss different mechanisms for charging for IT that incents users to spend IT dollars wisely. Finally, IT investments are made to generate value for the firm. This requires that employees actually use the new IT systems that is developed. Thus, in the IS/IT Governance course we will discuss strategies to make sure that users use the new system so that the firm derives value from its IT investments....

JA
Dec 26, 2018

Very complete, excellent but not simple experience. For those who do not come from management or business, you must take into account the time and effort you will have to put in.

PO
Oct 25, 2020

Well tailored presentations, expository yet relatable examples and references, engaging instructor and insightful topics. I am absolutely happy I took this course.

1 - 25 of 65 Reviews for IS/IT Governance

By Kenneth S

Dec 31, 2018

I am very unhappy with this course. Students have questions and they are not being answered. Capstone project details laid out by the professor is vague. I will not be taking anymore courses from University of Minnesota.

By SONY S

Its being great learning a new course. Thanks Coursera for this wonderful oppurtunity..

By MASOOTH A

Jun 23, 2019

really its very helpful for those who looking the IT manager post

By Babasola O

Sep 4, 2019

The course informative. I had the notion that it is just an online course and how hard can it be. I was blown away with the amount of information it contained, the delivery of the information and the ease of understanding. I recommend the course for everyone in IT.

By Jose A M A

Dec 27, 2018

By (K12 _ H T N T P

Oct 5, 2020

Good start for beginners!

After this course, I got so much information and knowledge about IT Governance and how to implement it for my organization.

By Balogun S M

Jun 5, 2020

The course contains so much information that'll help you understand IT management better. I highly recommend it for people in the IT sphere

By Vincent W

Jun 10, 2020

I really tried to push through, but the nervousness (constant moving) and the tone of presenting was getting me tot a point to were got very frustrated. Also, those calculating methods are way to theoretical for my taste and is in my opinion useless.

By Peter O O

Oct 26, 2020

By Saleh O

Dec 28, 2020

Wholistic and comprehensive curriculum,

Superb presentation by Prof. Gautam Ray, Progressive and interesting to follow.

Thanks to UoM and Coursera

By Firuz K

Jul 2, 2020

Since I had an economic background this course could provide me thinking on as like IT man and also it proved a wide range of IT solution ideas.

By Eduard A R

Nov 25, 2020

Thank you Sir Gautam Ray . Truly an expert about this field, and has a great teaching skills, very organized.

By Emile M

Oct 30, 2020

very Nice course for understanding IS & IT Governance especially in Institutions with IT as Core business...

By jonathan c

Oct 25, 2020

thank you university of minnesota, these IS/IT Governance course is one of the best IT course i ever learn.

By Chinwendu A

Jan 3, 2020

After taking the course, I was able to fully transition into Management Information Systems.

By Diem H B

Jan 13, 2021

A very detailed course for those wanting to understand IS & IT Governance. Highly recommend

By Rakesh S

Aug 28, 2020

I like the way course content is designed and explained with tremendous patience

By Chandrashekar H B

Dec 8, 2020

its very good course and i got better understanding about IS/IT Governance.

By Michael S

Mar 14, 2019

Excellent- just want I needed to help move my career along!

By Pauelina C

Oct 22, 2020

it’s a perfect course to learn about is/it governance :)

By kelvin m

Aug 24, 2020

IM GLAD TO HAVE FINISHED THE COURSE....IVE LEARNT ALOT

By Mandeep K

Jun 6, 2020

learnt some thing new beyond the technical subjects

By Gokul P

Jul 15, 2020

Amazing course and really gave good insight

By Talha H

Jul 3, 2020

Creativity and excellence beyond thoughts

By Syed M A

Mar 12, 2020

It's an excellent course, great learning