Back to IS/IT Governance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for IS/IT Governance by University of Minnesota

Firms make significant investments in IT. In the IS/IT Governance course we will discuss how to govern IT to make sure that the IT investments contribute to organizational goals and strategies. Firms need to formally evaluate significant IT investments. IT investments are also risky, so firms need to consider the risk associated with the investments to appropriately evaluate the investment. We will discuss how to evaluate IT investments. Firms usually make multiple IT investments in a given year. In this course we will discuss how to evaluate a portfolio of IT investments. Firms need a mechanism to charge users for the IT investments made to encourage prudent consumption of IT resources. We will discuss different mechanisms for charging for IT that incents users to spend IT dollars wisely. Finally, IT investments are made to generate value for the firm. This requires that employees actually use the new IT systems that is developed. Thus, in the IS/IT Governance course we will discuss strategies to make sure that users use the new system so that the firm derives value from its IT investments....

TP

Oct 05, 2020

Good start for beginners!\n\nAfter this course, I got so much information and knowledge about IT Governance and how to implement it for my organization.

FK

Jul 02, 2020

Since I had an economic background this course could provide me thinking on as like IT man and also it proved a wide range of IT solution ideas.

1 - 25 of 50 Reviews for IS/IT Governance

By Kenneth S

Dec 31, 2018

I am very unhappy with this course. Students have questions and they are not being answered. Capstone project details laid out by the professor is vague. I will not be taking anymore courses from University of Minnesota.

By SONY S

Its being great learning a new course. Thanks Coursera for this wonderful oppurtunity..

By MASOOTH A

Jun 23, 2019

really its very helpful for those who looking the IT manager post

By Babasola O

Sep 04, 2019

The course informative. I had the notion that it is just an online course and how hard can it be. I was blown away with the amount of information it contained, the delivery of the information and the ease of understanding. I recommend the course for everyone in IT.

By Jose A M A

Dec 27, 2018

Very complete, excellent but not simple experience. For those who do not come from management or business, you must take into account the time and effort you will have to put in.

By Trương N T P

Oct 05, 2020

Good start for beginners!

By Balogun S M

Jun 05, 2020

The course contains so much information that'll help you understand IT management better. I highly recommend it for people in the IT sphere

By Peter O O

Oct 26, 2020

Well tailored presentations, expository yet relatable examples and references, engaging instructor and insightful topics. I am absolutely happy I took this course.

By Firuz K

Jul 02, 2020

By Kevin A J

Oct 25, 2020

thank you university of minnesota, these IS/IT Governance course is one of the best IT course i ever learn.

By Chinwendu A

Jan 04, 2020

After taking the course, I was able to fully transition into Management Information Systems.

By Rakesh R S

Aug 29, 2020

I like the way course content is designed and explained with tremendous patience

By Michael S

Mar 14, 2019

Excellent- just want I needed to help move my career along!

By Pauelina C

Oct 23, 2020

it’s a perfect course to learn about is/it governance :)

By kelvin m

Aug 24, 2020

IM GLAD TO HAVE FINISHED THE COURSE....IVE LEARNT ALOT

By Mandeep K

Jun 06, 2020

learnt some thing new beyond the technical subjects

By Gokul P

Jul 15, 2020

Amazing course and really gave good insight

By Talha H

Jul 03, 2020

Creativity and excellence beyond thoughts

By Muhammad A

Mar 12, 2020

It's an excellent course, great learning

By TUSHAR R

Oct 08, 2020

poiuytrewqsdfghnmjujhytgvfredxswqazxcvb

By Lory J C

Oct 04, 2020

A very informative course. Thank you

By Maria H M

Jul 30, 2020

Its an best course i had ever did

By Lugisani M

u

c

By Mohubbat A

Apr 09, 2019

it worth to get this course!

By Ralp P T