Back to Leadership in 21st Century Organizations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership in 21st Century Organizations by Copenhagen Business School

Meet Jim Barton, the new CEO of Santa Monica Aerospace. Jim's job won't be easy: the company's hemorrhaging cash, struggling to regain investors' trust after an accounting scandal, and striving to transform its culture to become a more global competitor. In this course, you’ll travel with Jim as he takes on leadership challenges ranging from strategy execution, to inspiring people, to maintaining an ethical approach. Experts agree that twentieth-century leadership practices are inadequate for the stormy twenty-first-century present. This provocative course equips you with the insights you'll need to rise with the occasion of a rapidly shifting business landscape. The course is based on a book, Harder Than I Thought: Adventures of a 21st Century Leader, by Robert D. Austin, Richard L. Nolan, and Shannon O'Donnell, published by Harvard Business Review Press. Purchase of the book is optional. If you want more information about the book or wish to buy it, see https://hbr.org/product/harder-than-i-thought-adventures-of-a-twenty-first/an/10332-HBK-ENG or http://www.amazon.com/Harder-Than-Thought-Adventures-Twenty-First/dp/1422162591 After taking the course, you'll be able to: o Enact your own personal leadership approach, derived from your ongoing evaluation of how Jim Barton has handled his leadership situation, as well as from established leadership concepts and frameworks; o Avoid leadership actions that might have worked in the past, but are not suited to a newly challenging 21st century world; o Navigate treacherous new 21st century leadership challenges, such as greater reliance on specialized workers or the need to respond to external scrutiny in an increasingly transparent world (and many more); o Avoid "slippery slope" ethical failures, and think more clearly about the separation between public and private life for a 21st century leader....

HP

Jan 04, 2019

Excellent course that provokes you to relate learning and experience. I have just submitted my assignment/reviewed first peer and this reflected how powerful the course design is. #Kudos

J

Oct 20, 2017

It's a very comprehensive course. I enjoyed the combination of theory with case study and scenario. I had a lot of fun discovering the new trends in the 21st century's leadership.

1 - 25 of 98 Reviews for Leadership in 21st Century Organizations

By Anwar J F

Aug 23, 2018

It's an awesome learning experience with a great content. The methodology of using dramatized episodes is remarkable. I'm fully satisfied with the course and find myself much more armed with the theories and practical leadership challenges.

By Diogo A

Jan 25, 2018

This course made my horizons get much bigger in how to lead and how to aproach leadership

By SHAIK T

Jan 14, 2018

Very Structured. Awesome Course.

The best content i have ever seen

By pravin

Nov 16, 2017

Nice course to learn key points to good leader with good examples

By Darryl H

Jul 27, 2017

Really enjoyed the course, the fictional story of Jim Barton is entertaining and educational. The course material is all really well thought out and the whole experience will stay with me for the rest of my career. Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this and I highly recommend it to anyone looking at becoming a better manager.

By Rajiv S

Jul 20, 2017

Requires paid subscription to WSJ. This should be fixed.

By Sandeep D

Jun 20, 2017

The course while is interesting, does tend to get a bit slow sometimes. I would rather have preferred more exercises rather than the reading(s) and the videos.

By Michael N

May 01, 2017

I thought this course was amazing. I basically went through something similar to Jim and wish I could have done this course BEFORE that happened. Really amazing.

By Marcelle C

Apr 06, 2017

I think some of the content was a bit repetitive, and the time estimates of how long it will take to complete a section was way off (often the reading and videos in one section would actually take 3 hours when the entire module was supposed to take 3). Other than that, useful and insightful content. I learned a lot and I appreciated the video/ reading combination with the examples provided from several industries.

By Mohammad A

Mar 11, 2017

one of the best course here in Coursera course ,have a unique ,self intellectual ,creative through this course ,

I need to thank all professors and workers ,also the actors who thrive to success this course .

By Antony A B

Jan 16, 2017

This is an amazing course and serves its purpose in giving a bird's eye view of all the pertinent issues in a practical manner using the analogy of Jim Barton and SMA. The non SMA case studies, talks and illustrations did well drive home salient aspects of leadership. Thank you very much for his well designed course.

By Tushar P

Jan 14, 2017

Excellently designed course- you won't feel any constraints even though it is a online course!Must for a budding leader!

By Nahim G S C

Jan 12, 2017

One of the best courses I have done through Coursera; the content in particular was very useful.

By Dainius P

Jan 09, 2017

I strongly believe, that this course will shape my future. It's been greatest learning experience so far

By Moses K

Dec 19, 2016

excellent course for leaders with practical skills which are exemplary. id strongly recommend this to any leader

By Alam M

Oct 24, 2016

Yet another great course from great professor

By Christopher A P

Oct 16, 2016

This course is extremely good, I had never seen the world from a leadership stand point and it gives me more than I was expecting in terms of training and leadership skills. Last but not least, a final thanks to all the Copenhagen Business School who have contributed in this course and have shared their unique experience so that I go out into the world and lead by example.

By André R P

Aug 10, 2016

Exceptional content that approaches important aspects of leadership.

By Jamie D

Aug 09, 2016

So much information in this course. Very useful and enlightening.

By Do H L

Jun 29, 2016

As always, Prof Robert Austin is engaging and charismatic. The topic is interesting and Prof Austin's delivery is very crisp and powerful.

By Aydin A

May 23, 2016

Upon the first few views of the subject material, presented in the form of dramatized episodes, I was skeptical if this course was worth its time. I was pleasantly surprised once we moved into motivation in the 21st century, and the course only improved from there (though the multiple long videos in the financial crisis module felt redundant). A meaningful course as long as you can engage yourself with the material rather than rely on their sub-par assignments and quizzes to engage you. I also, did not participate in any discussions, but perhaps if I had this course would have been rated 5 stars.

By GANESH

May 07, 2016

Its very useful course. Useful in terms of our on personality development, development in terms of a company and to develop in terms of social good.

By Gordhan P

Apr 25, 2016

A very comprehensive Leadership development program. Course content is very relevant, detailed and updated. I personally had good learning from the program. Excellent instructors.

By Chris L

Apr 21, 2016

Excellent collection of materials helping you tho think through all aspects of leadership, with a nice mix of role-played scenes and additional resources. Relevant for leaders and future leaders at all

By José d J D L C G

Apr 05, 2016

Excellent course and trainers, congratulations