Back to Leadership Communication for Maximum Impact: Storytelling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership Communication for Maximum Impact: Storytelling by Northwestern University

4.4
122 reviews

Storytelling is an essential part of leadership. Effective leaders communicate to inspire talent to excel; to partner with investors and communities; to engage with customers and clients and to grow their impact in the world as part of a global community. Cultivating an authentic, trustworthy and compelling narrative is vital to a leader’s success. This course helps leaders find their own story through personal branding; develop storytelling success with all constituencies; initiate an effective voice for crisis; interact well through social and third party media; and communicate a vision for innovation....

NB

Jan 25, 2016

The subjects selected are relevant, the professors are very knowledgable, engaging and inspiring and they answer all the questions promptly.\n\nI enjoyed this course tremendously, highly recommended!

M

Feb 08, 2016

I liked this course a lot as it gave me the opportunity to work doing the assignment, helping me to think as an executive team leader. It was very challenged but very rewarding at the end of it.

1 - 25 of 121 Reviews for Leadership Communication for Maximum Impact: Storytelling

By Sadhu k

Oct 07, 2018

Story Telling section is not so rich. There is a lot of scope for its improvement.

One more drawback is there is no interaction with the lecturers. I have some great things to say about storytelling. We have been practicing it since over 200 years in India. In my organization, we had used this very much effectively to grow perfectly.

I seek one of your contact to explore story telling in detail. Please let me know whom to write about it. My email id: ultimategnan@gmail.com

By Christopher H

Jul 26, 2018

Prior to beginning this course, I was excited about the material and the syllabus. Unfortunately I left the course dissatisfied. Unlike the other modules in this program, the material is presented without a framework for understanding and feels more like an assembled list of "tips." The "tips" are not useful, which is evident by the final assignment, which is poorly conceived.

By Reinaldo A

Jul 23, 2018

I considered the course a bit too much conceptual and not so exciting to accomplish.

By CARLOS L S

Jun 14, 2019

I believe this is a very useful and great course, which will help me in my

By Eve K

May 22, 2019

Engaging content. Well delivered. Relevant and thoughtfully designed course.

By Lushawn T C

May 18, 2019

Oh what I time I had, and what a wondrous time and great storytelling there shall be!

By M

May 07, 2019

I

By Jennesan C

Apr 25, 2019

Excellent course. I was able to apply the principles right away to my workplace.

By Mohammed A

Apr 19, 2019

Although I enjoyed all aspects of the course, I think that there should be more content added in terms of quizzes and mandatory reading materials.

By Bernard D V

Apr 17, 2019

Great course! The teacher is great and very interesting. However, I think there was a lot of questions and not enough answers or examples. But the overall is still excellent.

By Pramod M

Mar 19, 2019

good to learn

By Derek S

Mar 13, 2019

Great! Really helped me craft a story board for my own organization.

By Narisa P

Feb 23, 2019

Too generic

By Michal Z

Jan 27, 2019

I wasn’t sure about this course, and was sceptical, but after a few videos I was convinced I will gain heaps from it. And I have.

If you look up to TED top speaker you will find hints on how to be engage people and make your story interesting and moving.

By Daniele M

Dec 27, 2018

For those who are already graduated in marketing, some of the content is very basic, however, the videos about crisis management were very useful. Thank Northwestern and Coursera for joining all this content together.

By Florian M

Dec 21, 2018

especially the case was very good - I learnt the most while working on the case and reading through my notes. Thank you!

By David A

Nov 18, 2018

Course seemed like a bit of an afterthought, and the final assignment was a hypothetical scenario, which made it significantly less interesting and valuable.

By Ana C M

Nov 18, 2018

Excelente curso! Muy bien enseñado por los profesores! Gracias!!

By Marta G

Nov 13, 2018

Poor qualification since you seem to pass the course even if there is no one willing to grade your submission.. I reviewed 5 jobs out of 3 suggested to review and I didn't get any review. So I am supposed to have passed with 66% and with no feedback at all. In this case, I suggest the University do something to check unreviewed submissions.

By Ali M

Nov 05, 2018

Provided simple, basic, and easy to use ways of sharing your narrative with others. Thanks.

By Arumugam C J

Oct 16, 2018

Awesome Content, Great articulation of content and nice assignment to recollect what was learnt.

Keep up the good work!

By Juan S S P

Aug 09, 2018

Good content would liked to have some more quizzes around the weeks

By Shashwat P B

Jul 23, 2018

I found this course to be very beneficial. I didn't understand the need for or use of storytelling in my day to day professional life... but I have a much better and broader understanding of how it is used now.

By Scott J