Back to Leadership Communication for Maximum Impact: Storytelling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership Communication for Maximum Impact: Storytelling by Northwestern University

Storytelling is an essential part of leadership. Effective leaders communicate to inspire talent to excel; to partner with investors and communities; to engage with customers and clients and to grow their impact in the world as part of a global community. Cultivating an authentic, trustworthy and compelling narrative is vital to a leader’s success. This course helps leaders find their own story through personal branding; develop storytelling success with all constituencies; initiate an effective voice for crisis; interact well through social and third party media; and communicate a vision for innovation....

NB

Jan 25, 2016

The subjects selected are relevant, the professors are very knowledgable, engaging and inspiring and they answer all the questions promptly.\n\nI enjoyed this course tremendously, highly recommended!

M

Feb 08, 2016

I liked this course a lot as it gave me the opportunity to work doing the assignment, helping me to think as an executive team leader. It was very challenged but very rewarding at the end of it.

1 - 25 of 146 Reviews for Leadership Communication for Maximum Impact: Storytelling

By Tim P

Feb 11, 2016

Very good course with a lot of great speakers. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to broaden their leadership and communication abilities

By Sadhu k

Oct 07, 2018

Story Telling section is not so rich. There is a lot of scope for its improvement.

One more drawback is there is no interaction with the lecturers. I have some great things to say about storytelling. We have been practicing it since over 200 years in India. In my organization, we had used this very much effectively to grow perfectly.

I seek one of your contact to explore story telling in detail. Please let me know whom to write about it. My email id: ultimategnan@gmail.com

By Reinaldo A

Jul 23, 2018

I considered the course a bit too much conceptual and not so exciting to accomplish.

By Christopher H

Jul 26, 2018

Prior to beginning this course, I was excited about the material and the syllabus. Unfortunately I left the course dissatisfied. Unlike the other modules in this program, the material is presented without a framework for understanding and feels more like an assembled list of "tips." The "tips" are not useful, which is evident by the final assignment, which is poorly conceived.

By Michal Z

Jan 27, 2019

I wasn’t sure about this course, and was sceptical, but after a few videos I was convinced I will gain heaps from it. And I have.

If you look up to TED top speaker you will find hints on how to be engage people and make your story interesting and moving.

By Carina S E

Mar 24, 2016

The lecturers were brilliant and very motivational. They made sure the lectures are fun and easy to follow, always providing interesting examples of storytelling from different industries. I can only recommend following this cours

By Katherine L

Sep 09, 2019

Great course on outlining the importance of storytelling to become a more effective leader. I just saw examples of this used in a beginning of year kick-off meeting, and it made the executive that much more relatable.

By Timothy P J

Apr 10, 2016

Great information. Several months later I want a refresher since the material was very good, but I don't think the assignments were involved enough for the material to sink in long term (at least not for me).

By Yuichiro N

Dec 17, 2019

This course was really valuable for me to learn about the structure of story and power of story. In particular, peer review of the 3 challenges were effective to learn as the reviewer view points. Thank you.

By Mariangela C C

Mar 22, 2018

I really appreciate how down in simple terms the course shows the path to storytelling without fancy words and with key things to remember in any situation.

Simplifying to make things easier with truth

By nora b

Jan 25, 2016

I enjoyed this course tremendously, highly recommended!

By Maria L A

Feb 08, 2016

By Tatiana Y

Feb 09, 2016

Interesting course! Very useful information. But it's a little difficult to manage 3 writing tasks simultaneously, it would be good to warn students about big task at the end of the course.

By Jugal G

May 30, 2017

I am thankful to coursera and the instructors' team. I was able to learn why storytelling is important for leadership and how to effectively tell stories for success.

By Annette S

Oct 06, 2019

Very good information. Very well described. On the spot. Quickly. Easy to understand and to follow. Just useful! Thank you very much for creating this MOOC!

By Lisa S

Feb 22, 2016

I really looked at storytelling differently. This course helped me get my stories into place and focus on what stories I need to tell! Thanks!

By Sindhu S R

Nov 02, 2016

A very concise course on the storytelling strategy for leadership. The professors teach the course very well. A must take course for everyone.

Jul 26, 2019

Wow! Have to say this one wow. Gave me a new way of thinking. Excellent exposure to new and up to date knowledge. What a blast off!

By Indrajit G

May 08, 2016

Learning storytelling techniques was really exciting and refreshing. Sincere thanks and gratitude to all the facilitators.

By 武利鑫

Jun 14, 2016

Storytelling is a great ability for enterpriners and leaders . this course give me some new odeas of branding storying .

By Florian M

Dec 21, 2018

especially the case was very good - I learnt the most while working on the case and reading through my notes. Thank you!

By Arumugam C J

Oct 16, 2018

Awesome Content, Great articulation of content and nice assignment to recollect what was learnt.

Keep up the good work!

By Farhad H

Jan 24, 2016

Excellent course. Concise and to the point. Maximum learning with differentiated, relevant, and authentic content.

By Tülay K

Nov 18, 2015

Content is grade, however I am still waiting for the grading of my last assignment in this course. :(

By Vikash A

Sep 16, 2017

Awsome insight into the impact of storytelling in Leadership Communication!! I feel transformed!!