Back to Learning Technologies Foundations and Applications

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning Technologies Foundations and Applications by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course, Learning Technologies Foundations and Applications, is one of the two four-week MOOC courses that form part of Instructional Design MasterTrack Certificate. After completing the course, you will be able to: 1. Identify suitable learning technology applications for problem-solving tasks. 2. Evaluate learning technology solutions based on Cognitive Load Theory and related multimedia learning design models. 3. Justify the selection of learning technologies for solving organizational problems based on evidence and best practices....

NS

Mar 5, 2021

Thanks to this course I have great fundamentals on eLearning. Also, I can identify areas of improvement I’m my work thanks to the Cognitive Load theory and 4c model for ID.

NS

Aug 17, 2020

The course was informative and the diverse instructors friendly. The historical lesson on PLATO also made me want to go to University of Illinois to study.

26 - 49 of 49 Reviews for Learning Technologies Foundations and Applications

By Elizabeth H

Oct 11, 2020

This course was very insightful.

By Reni T

Nov 1, 2019

This course is really helpful

By sammia m

By brianna m

Apr 19, 2020

By Praveen D

Feb 5, 2021

good

By Annaliese H

Feb 24, 2021

There are many strengths to this course, such as the way it condenses several key topics, from the history of learning technologies and the development of terms and theories, to specific design schemes based on particular learning theories. However, there are some problems with this course. For example, the video presentations are difficult to get through -- the instructors do not helpfully contextualize information or make the content come alive through because they simply read a script, with. Another serious problem with this course is that some of the quiz questions have not been adequately proofread for clarity, correctness, and grammatical structure. All of the quizzes should be reviewed, but look especially at the quiz for module 4-2.

By Bhushan M W

Nov 24, 2019

I took a course like this after many years, and I think I made the correct decision. Although it is primarily a PPT/Slides based course with the faculty talking over, the course is packed with knowledge, and the concepts & principles are fairly easy to grasp. I did need to revisit sections in each week to ensure I understood what was taught well enough. Each of the faculty had a unique style and the time-travel (sort of) into the history of computing in particular was a fascinating if short section--I had no idea Illinois UC was such a storied campus. Take this course for sure if you are at the start or in the middle of a career in L&D.

By Sebastien R

Jan 27, 2022

Learning about the Cognitive Load and Transactional Distance theories was the highlight of this course for me. I found these to be very applicable theories in the the context of Instructional Design and eLearning. This course will expand your knowledge but I wish there were more/better examples of applications provided in the lectures (unfortunately the discussion forums did not help with this aspect).

By Dominique F

Jan 8, 2021

Found this course informative and confirm that any instructional design type, e-technology, or lesson plans, need to be designed and structured appropriately, supporting all learners and having checkpoints, including discussion.

By Vasudha N

Jun 2, 2021

This course gives you an excellent understanding of foundation principles that need to be considered for instruction design in technology enriched and enabled learning environments. A bit heavy on theory, but so well worth it.

By Ntombikayise M

Oct 8, 2020

Thanks to the organizers of the course! It is needed. But i won't lie, To me it was new and difficult! Nearly made me want to cry. I am going to try read some more on this and understand better. Good and necessary course!

By Yonis O A

May 14, 2021

this was amazing course which you can get more about human learning developments, and some experiences about online learning

By Nigele A

Nov 1, 2020

Appreciate the course as it gave us the foundational theories and frameworks in leveraging learning technologies.

Oct 22, 2021

S​ome of the videos didn't load and all I got was the audio

By sage o

Aug 8, 2021

satisfactory

By Matthew O

Apr 24, 2022

I​ found the quiz for 4-2 to be diffuclt. I am not sure but it seems like #3 is wrong. I think the video mentions that in the last part of the video that multimeda and instructional feedback are not helpful but in the quiz, you have to leave that option off to pass it.

By Mohamed A M

May 16, 2021

Good

By Jonathan F

Jan 29, 2022

This course did not take advantage of the theories and practices it puts forward to design effective e-learning experineces.

cannot unenroll froo this curse for some reason