Back to Imagining Other Earths

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Imagining Other Earths by Princeton University

Are we alone? This course introduces core concepts in astronomy, biology, and planetary science that enable the student to speculate scientifically about this profound question and invent their own solar systems. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

RE

Aug 31, 2015

This was a very interesting class taught in such a manner that an undergraduate student majoring in any area would find interesting and educational, their is very much to learn for anyone

CN

Jan 26, 2016

The best course ever.! it really has the scientific detail that you do not find anywhere else in a clear simple and didactic way. The instructor is an amazing educator.

1 - 25 of 70 Reviews for Imagining Other Earths

Jan 27, 2017

Amazing course

By Manmini G

Aug 28, 2017

Well explained and easy to understand. Excellent job!

By Justin C

Sep 27, 2017

A fascinating, excellent, and well-taught course.

By Aidan T

Jan 07, 2018

i love it and iam 10 years old

By Camilo M N

Jan 26, 2016

By Graham R

Feb 11, 2016

I am a retired geologist and have recently taken up astronomy and astrophotography as a hobby. As is clear from the course there is a close association between the two sciences and I was keen to learn more. This is my fifth astronomy MOOC and by far and away a country mile the best; how many of those in a parsec?.

Apart from the sheer breadth of subject matter covered I particularly liked the way various maths formulae (not too difficult) were explained and gradually used to explain and link various aspects of astronomy - thus adding weight to the explanations and especially how it all elegantly fits together. If you want to do just one course to understand astronomy, this is the one.

Many thanks to David and team for the high quality of lectures and diagrams etc. which thoroughly backed up the lectures + the interviews provided insight form other experts in their respective fields.

If you're ever in the UK do look me up - I also cycle and would love to go on a ride and talk astro etc. Thanks again to all.

Here's my website if you're interested: https://watchthisspaceman.wordpress.com/

By Jonathan G

Apr 12, 2016

Learned a lot about the universe.

By Richard H

Oct 22, 2016

Thank you very much for the course.

By Fozia Z

Mar 23, 2017

Really enjoyed the course. It gave a very comprehensive introduction to Astrobiology and I enjoyed being pushed to write a science fictional short story at the end.

By Basil R

Oct 27, 2016

This is a wonderful course, even for somebody, such as myself, who tends to freeze in terror when presented with mathematical equations of any sort. I'm a linguist, artist and musician, so no physicist, and yet have found here a wealth of imagination and knowledge that is accessible, even if only at the broadest level, to anyone, regardless of their academic background. Highly recommended.

By gaocen

Jun 25, 2018

super cool and knowledgeable. review again.

By Joe V C

Aug 19, 2015

I love this course and Prof. Spergel fascinating skills of teaching! anyway,I'm still in the course of enjoying it!

By Bintang T L

Sep 04, 2015

I'm glad I found this course. You will gain a lot of knowledge about astrobiology and astrophysics.

By Ruby S

Nov 13, 2016

This class was an exceptional journey into the world outside our own - and the details, balance, and intricacies of an ever changing universe. Professor Spergel is an incredible asset to the world of astrophysics and I feel truly lucky that he took the time to teach us. I happily anticipate leaning even more on this fascinating subject.

By Vitaly W

May 16, 2017

Great class with an interesting and diverse amount of content.

By John S

Feb 11, 2017

"Imagining Other Earths" introduces one to astonishing aspects of planetary science, delivered expertly by David Spergel, Charles Young Professor of Astronomy on the Class of 1897 Foundation and Chair. I found the course to be invaluable in improving my understanding of the universe in which we live. Professor Spergels unassuming, inimitable style of delivery leads one to an easy understanding of complex concepts. I found the Professor and the scientists who spoke with him in interviews which supported the lectures to be inspiring. I commend this course to anyone who is interested in understanding the universe.

By Serge D

Mar 07, 2018

Very clear, very interesting

By alfredo

Oct 17, 2016

Very good and a good teacher

By Iziah M R

Jul 07, 2016

Very interesting class. It gets very in depth with each topic and is also pretty fun!

By Bryan B

Jan 03, 2016

This course is very exciting even before the entire course starts!!!!!!!!

By Josef P

Sep 01, 2016

A great course, a big variety of fascinating topics, interesting and lively explanation of prof. Spergel, great interviews with specialists on many of the topics.

Just one thing I miss in the course, it would be nice to check my understanding of the explanation in quizes.

Nonetheless, great thanks for the course!

By Marina D

Apr 29, 2016

Excellent course!

By Francesco E

Mar 23, 2016

Awesome. Interesting arguments and a really effective and clear explainations.

By Neha P

Aug 08, 2016

I found it really amazing!!!!

By Duarte G

Jul 09, 2016

Amazing course! Great Professor!