Back to Organizational Behavior: How to Manage People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Organizational Behavior: How to Manage People by IESE Business School

Peter Drucker, a pioneer in the field of management, once said that people have a perverse tendency to behave like human beings. Of course, we are not machines, and certainly not programmable. But through the study of organizational behavior, we can gain insights into what makes people tick within a work context. Increasing your understanding of your own behavior and that of your colleagues, teams and leaders, is an important first step to bringing positive change to how you and your organization work. The objective of this course is therefore to provide insight into four key areas: • Motivation. In this course segment we will understand the concept of motivation and review various perspectives that will help you understand how we can motivate others. • Leadership. In this part of the course, we will analyze the concept of leadership and consider various perspectives and approaches to help shed light on leadership emergence and effectiveness. • Teamwork. Here we look at team functioning and effectiveness. Using the widely used input – process – output model of team effectiveness, we consider such topics as team diversity, team processes, and team outcomes. • Culture. Finally, we'll move to the level of the organization and consider the concept of organizational culture, also touching upon the concept of national culture. We look at the various ways in which culture is expressed, and discuss the implications of culture for people within organizations and cross-cultural collaborations....

PT

Nov 02, 2016

Course has sufficient theory and examples to explain the fundamental & implementations in practical world. It would certainly help personnel to deal certainly in better and effective manner. hanks

ER

Sep 21, 2019

Great facilitator. Content is clear and effective. Very useful guide focused on key areas in management that can be quite complex but the course makes it easier to understand, analyze and apply.

1 - 25 of 74 Reviews for Organizational Behavior: How to Manage People

By Bettina P

Dec 14, 2018

Good overview, but nothing really new and a rather boring and too theoretical presentation. I had the impression that the professor has not much practical experiences in companies. She hardly ever uses real-life examples.

By Javier

Nov 08, 2016

Mucha teoria, poco práctico.

By JULIO V

Nov 18, 2018

Great Material! and Good Lectures.

By Chakkanchath K G

Dec 08, 2018

Very Useful Course.

By Nefisat s

Feb 14, 2019

It’s a beautiful and easy to study course

By Riccardo D

Mar 08, 2019

Very useful course. I really appreciated each part of the course and the teaching was extremely clear. I personally had it at 1.25x speed because I found it a bit slow but the speed function really solves the "problem". Thanks for the course!

By Olaniyi A J

Mar 19, 2019

Can't wait to get the best of this course here on coursera.

I believe this course is going a long way to helping me become my best professional self.

By Marta T D

Sep 02, 2018

Very insightful, so useful and important knowledge fundamental for your work organization or teams

By Joseph O A

Aug 23, 2018

Great introduction and relevant applications of the

By Neil B

Oct 18, 2018

G

By Islam N A T

Oct 17, 2018

informative and simple course

By Flavia V

Sep 11, 2018

Como siempre, un gusto tomar los cursos del IESE!

By MOSTAFA I M M S

Sep 26, 2018

Great course and I would like to thank Prof. Anneloes Raes for her valuable knowledge and material provided through this course, you will be able to understand motivation, leadership as a process, team work, and Culture of organization.

By Guneet B

Oct 06, 2018

Gives in depth understanding and knowledge about Organizational behavior.

By anurag s

Nov 27, 2017

The professor has taught every single concept beautifully. Excellent course content and highly commendable way of delivering the content. Absolutely great. Thanks a lot to Ms. Raes

By Noelia P G

Nov 25, 2016

Muy buen curso para entender los aspectos principales del comportamiento organizacional!

By Pallavi T

Nov 02, 2016

By aloudier@yahoo.fr

May 30, 2017

Nice and clear, particularly recommendable for people with an average English level.

By Lucian P

Jul 21, 2017

Very useful information and presenting various point of views. I also recommended it to my boss!

By Japhet E

Apr 02, 2018

This course is outstanding and really an eye opener to what is required to be a good and effective leader.

By Gema G

Jan 29, 2018

Great course

By Ramil A D

Mar 05, 2018

I like how the professor explains things. Also, she's not boring to look at and listen to. Her voice is alive that makes me more attentive whil

By Mario J R M

Apr 11, 2018

God bless you

the course Organizational Behavior : How to Manage People, was good, excellent, congratulations

central issues : Administrative procedures

Motivations at work that generate Human behavior

Congratulations

By Chika E

Oct 10, 2017

Great course!! Love the Professor too.

By Bernhard