Back to Organizational Behavior: How to Manage People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Organizational Behavior: How to Manage People by IESE Business School

Peter Drucker, a pioneer in the field of management, once said that people have a perverse tendency to behave like human beings. Of course, we are not machines, and certainly not programmable. But through the study of organizational behavior, we can gain insights into what makes people tick within a work context. Increasing your understanding of your own behavior and that of your colleagues, teams and leaders, is an important first step to bringing positive change to how you and your organization work. The objective of this course is therefore to provide insight into four key areas: • Motivation. In this course segment we will understand the concept of motivation and review various perspectives that will help you understand how we can motivate others. • Leadership. In this part of the course, we will analyze the concept of leadership and consider various perspectives and approaches to help shed light on leadership emergence and effectiveness. • Teamwork. Here we look at team functioning and effectiveness. Using the widely used input – process – output model of team effectiveness, we consider such topics as team diversity, team processes, and team outcomes. • Culture. Finally, we'll move to the level of the organization and consider the concept of organizational culture, also touching upon the concept of national culture. We look at the various ways in which culture is expressed, and discuss the implications of culture for people within organizations and cross-cultural collaborations....

CA

Oct 06, 2020

Awesome cause here, that makes understanding how people behave and to motivate them. It has changed my way of thinking and for me to judge less as to why people do what they do. I recommend this all.

CS

Feb 11, 2020

An excellent foundational course on managing people. I particularly appreciated the academic theory serving as the backbone of the course. Professor Raes was also especially good. Highly recommended!

26 - 50 of 152 Reviews for Organizational Behavior: How to Manage People

By Riccardo D

Mar 08, 2019

Very useful course. I really appreciated each part of the course and the teaching was extremely clear. I personally had it at 1.25x speed because I found it a bit slow but the speed function really solves the "problem". Thanks for the course!

By MOSTAFA I M M S

Sep 26, 2018

Great course and I would like to thank Prof. Anneloes Raes for her valuable knowledge and material provided through this course, you will be able to understand motivation, leadership as a process, team work, and Culture of organization.

By Thurangani P J D

Jul 27, 2017

This training is highly useful and Lectures has been explained precise manner. I would like to recommend for other users to follow this course. If trainers can share power points with presentation highly appreciate.

By Clement A A

Oct 06, 2020

By Sankeira B

Oct 19, 2020

I learned quite a bit about proper leadership and the best ways to handle teams. A lot of theories I never considered with team building, leadership and cultural realities in the work place.

By EZRA V 1

Jul 31, 2020

i thoroughly enjoyed the course it was very theoretical but helps in my understanding and the lectures were timed so that it wasnt too long and boring

By Ni K W

Oct 05, 2020

The course has provided some useful theoretical perspectives and practices that allow us to perform our work better, especially in managing people.

By Felipe B

Oct 01, 2020

Took this course to see if i liked the programs that IESE has to offer and i'm amazed, i'm now going to do the whole specialization.

By eldo l

Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course, would like to take the in depth course if i could which i do believe is a must for any Leader

By Erika S

Oct 12, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot. Material provided is really useful and is presented in easy to understand manner.

By Japhet E

Apr 02, 2018

This course is outstanding and really an eye opener to what is required to be a good and effective leader.

By Kelvin H

Oct 11, 2016

Great course, useful and practical information on managing people and teams. I loved the mix of theory and

By Shramana S

Absolutely amazed by taking this course. It was really a very nice experience. Learnt a lot of things.

By Abdul l n

Jul 30, 2020

one of the good course where I understood how or might the human resource look like in an organzation

By Marta T D

Sep 02, 2018

Very insightful, so useful and important knowledge fundamental for your work organization or teams

By Lucian P

Jul 21, 2017

Very useful information and presenting various point of views. I also recommended it to my boss!

By Henry C H

Aug 16, 2020

Excelente, ayuda a entender conceptos de motivación, gestión de equipos y liderazgo de equipos.

By Mohammad S

Apr 17, 2020

Overall its a good enough course for understanding about organizational behavior related terms.

By Salvator O

Aug 02, 2020

Excellent course, excellently taught. Thanks to the IESE faculty of Organizational Behaviour

By Mounika D

Feb 01, 2018

thanks for the IESE ,made my job of learning easy.......glad to be the part of the course.

By Haitham A E

Apr 26, 2018

It was great experience to link all these great theories and reflections in this ne place

By Noelia P G

Nov 25, 2016

Muy buen curso para entender los aspectos principales del comportamiento organizacional!

By Srividya I

Aug 05, 2016

Excellent explanation and detailed orientation with examples. I am loving learning it.

By Martin P

Jul 19, 2020

this really is an upgrading course that helps you better in the management of people.

By Kunal R S

Sep 24, 2020

it is the best course which i have learned yet and also get to learn a lot of things