Back to Organizational Behavior: How to Manage People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Organizational Behavior: How to Manage People by IESE Business School

Peter Drucker, a pioneer in the field of management, once said that people have a perverse tendency to behave like human beings. Of course, we are not machines, and certainly not programmable. But through the study of organizational behavior, we can gain insights into what makes people tick within a work context. Increasing your understanding of your own behavior and that of your colleagues, teams and leaders, is an important first step to bringing positive change to how you and your organization work. The objective of this course is therefore to provide insight into four key areas: • Motivation. In this course segment we will understand the concept of motivation and review various perspectives that will help you understand how we can motivate others. • Leadership. In this part of the course, we will analyze the concept of leadership and consider various perspectives and approaches to help shed light on leadership emergence and effectiveness. • Teamwork. Here we look at team functioning and effectiveness. Using the widely used input – process – output model of team effectiveness, we consider such topics as team diversity, team processes, and team outcomes. • Culture. Finally, we'll move to the level of the organization and consider the concept of organizational culture, also touching upon the concept of national culture. We look at the various ways in which culture is expressed, and discuss the implications of culture for people within organizations and cross-cultural collaborations....

CA
Oct 5, 2020

Awesome cause here, that makes understanding how people behave and to motivate them. It has changed my way of thinking and for me to judge less as to why people do what they do. I recommend this all.

CS
Feb 10, 2020

An excellent foundational course on managing people. I particularly appreciated the academic theory serving as the backbone of the course. Professor Raes was also especially good. Highly recommended!

26 - 50 of 194 Reviews for Organizational Behavior: How to Manage People

By Egidio F

May 20, 2021

Great course! Touches on several theories that explain individuals and team behaviour. By being aware of that one would be more prepared to identify gaps and act on corrections in order to have the best team engagement and performance.

By Minori C

Oct 29, 2017

Good content with specially made video, but could have borrowed a book at the local library for free. I had technical issues where my assignments were not accepted even though I followed instructions fully. There was no response from the school on the issue and worse, they charged $79 extra without prior consent, and wouldn't refund.

By Nurjemal J

Jul 29, 2019

I liked the course a lot. Professor Anneloes Raes was fabulous in presenting the material in a very simple way. Compare to other courses on people management and leadership this was very practical clearly demonstrating how we can apply in our work different concepts and theories. This was indeed very useful.

By Michelle S

Jun 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course! This course has provided very in-depth insights into four keys area such as motivation, leadership, culture and teamwork which I personally think it would be really helpful in my work. Thank you Professor Anneloes and IESE.

By Olena M

Aug 1, 2019

The course is extremely useful. I especially value the concentration of material over learning time ratio. Very intense. I wish only we could have lecture notes in a PDF format, so that we could come back to them wehn we forget something in time.

By Riccardo D

Mar 8, 2019

Very useful course. I really appreciated each part of the course and the teaching was extremely clear. I personally had it at 1.25x speed because I found it a bit slow but the speed function really solves the "problem". Thanks for the course!

By MOSTAFA I M M S

Sep 25, 2018

Great course and I would like to thank Prof. Anneloes Raes for her valuable knowledge and material provided through this course, you will be able to understand motivation, leadership as a process, team work, and Culture of organization.

By Thurangani P J D

Jul 27, 2017

This training is highly useful and Lectures has been explained precise manner. I would like to recommend for other users to follow this course. If trainers can share power points with presentation highly appreciate.

By Joy D

Aug 26, 2021

This was a well planned course on Organizational Management. I gained insight into how to recognize the different forming structures that organizations may use, and what are the pros and cons of each type.

By Anne-Marie B

Mar 18, 2021

As a Leader with 10+ years of leadership experience, the course is an eye opener and shows many different perspectives on how to lead teams efficiently and how to understand and interpret certain behaviors.

By Sankeira B

Oct 19, 2020

I learned quite a bit about proper leadership and the best ways to handle teams. A lot of theories I never considered with team building, leadership and cultural realities in the work place.

By AMANDA J

Oct 30, 2020

I would like to thank dear madam Kris and all the supporting staff, for their great endeavours to make this course a success. The lessons were very clear, informative and attractive.

By Rita C

Dec 29, 2020

I learned so many theories which I have not encountered in most of my trainings locally and abroad. I enjoyed every lesson, exam and assignment! Thank you for this course!

By EZRA V 1

Jul 31, 2020

i thoroughly enjoyed the course it was very theoretical but helps in my understanding and the lectures were timed so that it wasnt too long and boring

By Ni K W

Oct 4, 2020

The course has provided some useful theoretical perspectives and practices that allow us to perform our work better, especially in managing people.

By Maria F M

Dec 7, 2020

Excelente curso, la articulación de contenidos esta bien integrada y la bibliografía recomendada fue util para profundizar los temas.

By Shreyas N P

Dec 6, 2020

I have really learned a lot from this course. We got to know about the attitudes and behaviour of employees in the work environment.

By Felipe B

Oct 1, 2020

Took this course to see if i liked the programs that IESE has to offer and i'm amazed, i'm now going to do the whole specialization.

By CaSerran S

Nov 6, 2020

Very nice course. The Teacher was very precise, on the point and from my point of view, the course was simply great. Thank you.

By Amar K

Apr 25, 2021

this help you to enhance the knowledge about management of people how to achieve goal effectively and efficiently

By eldo l

Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course, would like to take the in depth course if i could which i do believe is a must for any Leader

By Erika S

Oct 12, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot. Material provided is really useful and is presented in easy to understand manner.

By Japhet E

Apr 2, 2018

This course is outstanding and really an eye opener to what is required to be a good and effective leader.

By Kelvin H

Oct 10, 2016

Great course, useful and practical information on managing people and teams. I loved the mix of theory and

By Shramana S

Absolutely amazed by taking this course. It was really a very nice experience. Learnt a lot of things.