Back to Measuring and Maximizing Impact of COVID-19 Contact Tracing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Measuring and Maximizing Impact of COVID-19 Contact Tracing by Johns Hopkins University

4.3

This course aims to provide managers and developers of contact tracing programs guidance on the most important indicators of performance of a contact tracing program, and a tool that can be used to project the likely impact of improvements in specific indicators. Students who complete the course will be proficient in using the Contact Tracing Evaluation and Strategic Support Application (ConTESSA) to estimate the impact of their contact tracing program on transmission and strategizing about how to increase their program’s impact. A secondary audience for the course will be decision makers interested in knowing more about the characteristics of effective contact tracing programs, and strategies to improve. Some experience with epidemiology and public health is strongly recommended....

PW

Aug 02, 2020

Really solid course and gets right to the point of teaching you how to use the tool. Hopefully this will help COVID19 reporting improve. Thank you for offering this!

MS

Aug 04, 2020

Excellent course. Makes student aware of Measuring and Maximizing Impact of COVID-19 Contact Tracing, concluding initial knowledge of 1st contact tracing course.

1 - 25 of 49 Reviews for Measuring and Maximizing Impact of COVID-19 Contact Tracing

By Bryan F

Aug 02, 2020

It's hard because it requires some calculations to pass. I did not want to down load the App, ConTessa, Nothing personal, I just don't download anyone's Apps on my coputer, even Johns Hopkins, I did the calculations with my own calculator, by hand, on a spreadsheet. You have to stay with it ~ but you can get the correct answers working it out without the App. It's not a 3 hour course as advertised. Closer to 7 or 8 doing it the long way. The very first module is an excellent recap of the presentation and epidemiology of COVID-19. Thank you

By Walter A F

Jul 29, 2020

Excellent course put together by the John Hopkins team. Thank you for all the great information needed to learn about subject.

By Arunima P

Very good

By JOSIANN M

Jul 30, 2020

Course was great! Test was difficult in Module 2.

By RONALD A C C

Aug 01, 2020

Very hard, yet worth to finish. Thank you for this very informative and reliable course given to me.

By Banda A A K

Aug 01, 2020

A very in-depth course for contact tracing program managers. Concise and easily understandable

By Jonathan C J

Tough but thorough!

By Hilary M

Aug 02, 2020

This course was good, but I did have some issues on an Apple computer with the YAML files.

By Chris O

Aug 01, 2020

the quiz in module 3 needed more training videos as the current videos did not cover this as it should. it was difficult to figure out what to put in first, since all the videos had all information needed. I truly did not think I would pass this last quiz. It was hours and hours writing things down, inputting on spreadsheet. I think the last videos need to be adjusted to show how to put very little information in, as we knew we were missing information at first. Thank you

By Stephen C

Aug 02, 2020

Started out well but the instructions accompanying Parts 2 and 3 involving inputs and interpretation of the Decision Support Tool were inadequate and confusing - I mostly got there by trial and error rather than understanding

By Samuel E

Aug 03, 2020

This one is buggy. I cant open both the question info from test and Contessa Tool at same time without them morphing into each other.

Also, when I enter the answers from the Dashboard ConTessa says they are ALL wrong. Every other question is 100$ right throughout, and the non-contessa questions are all right too,

Something is not right.

By RHEA S

Aug 06, 2020

The examples in the quizzes were a little complicated for new users to access what proper measures to enter; even going back and reviewing the videos several times. Watching the videos simply showed us filling in the field. I think if there was a video to have an example like the quiz it may have been helpful to us understand a little beter. But overall the videos were short, to the point and user friendly. All the speakers spoke clearly and was not monotoned. THANK YOU!

By Phyllis B

Aug 03, 2020

The drop down menu for the course I am taking, "Measuring and Maximizing Input of COVID-19 Contact Tracing" only has one option - RATE. I want to unenroll from this course. It is very interesting, but I don't have access to local data to use the interactive tools. Please unenroll for me. My email address is chatul@comcast.com. Thank you for your help.

Phyllis Baker

By Ng L J

Aug 03, 2020

This course blew my mind! It gives more in-depth detail on contact tracing and how to take the most suitable approaches to reduce risk transmission. Especially during this most difficult time when data received can be overwhelming and news can be anywhere. The most difficult part is applying the knowledge to be put into real practice.

By Richard D V

Aug 04, 2020

Even though I wasn't able to join the frontliner force in fighting this virus during this pandemic, I was able to navigate and understand the context of how difficult it is to contact trace those who were affected by the virus. Thank you so much to Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health for this great online course. God bless.

By Francisco A

Aug 04, 2020

This course is very comprehensive and perfectly balanced between theory and practice. It will be very useful as a innovated tool for the monitoring and implementing of actions aimed to control SARS-CoV-2 pandemic in my country. Thanks for the opportunity.

By Shik L P I

Aug 02, 2020

This is a very interesting course for learning how to measure the COVID-19 infection rate and make use of the ConTESSA: Interactive Tool to Estimate Impact of Contact Tracing. This course also teaches how to read and create graphs with the COVID-19 data.

By Virginia S B

Dear whom this concerns:

Thank you for allowing me to join in once again for the managerial contact tracing course. However, as I reviewed the curriculm, I found that the course wasn't right for me.

By Peter W

By Marios J S

By John K

Aug 04, 2020

On the final quiz, answers for question 2 and 3 can be tricky as the graph shows 50% on the slope with two different numbers. Otherwise a great course.

By Michael L

Aug 03, 2020

This is a technical and valuable course, where I need to revisit, refresh, and hone my skills pertaining to this in-depth Contact Tracing online course.

By Mahmoud T T S

Very useful for all public health professionals working in response to COVID-19

lecturers are very concise and clear

ConTESSA app is Awsome!

By Akhibi O

Aug 03, 2020

This course was really helpful, i felt like I was in the classroom, so much to learn and think about

Thanks to the Johns Hopkins University

By Steven R S

Aug 06, 2020

Great Course, learned a lot. Quizzes were very challenging, but the challenges forced me to learn the material. 5 stars!