Back to Microeconomics Principles

Microeconomics Principles, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

About this Course

This course offers an introduction to the functions of individual decision-makers—both consumers and producers—within the larger economic system. Emphasis is on the nature and functions of product markets, the theory of the firm under varying conditions of competition and monopoly, and the role of government in promoting efficiency in the economy. Most people make the incorrect assumption that economics is ONLY the study of money. My primary goal in this course is to shatter this belief. During this course, we will be addressing the above questions as well as many more relating to: -the environment -love and marriage -crime -labor markets -education -politics -sports -business My main goal is to show you the way economists think and how to use this analytical system to answer questions related not only to these and other important human issues, but to anything you end up doing with your life after this class. After all, as you will quickly find out, I believe that everything is economics!...

By VA

Mar 14, 2019

It's a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a lucid and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject. :)

By FK

Jul 16, 2017

Great way to explain economics, especially for students with english as a second language. Thanks for dividing the videos into smaller parts making me able to plan my schedule in great flexibility.

171 Reviews

By Nikita Rautela

Apr 19, 2019

it was great experience for me as well as for my educational and learning skill.

By Mohammed Shahid

Apr 17, 2019

it is best for learning.

By Rachit Gupta

Deep learning

Liked it:)

By 赵磊

Apr 08, 2019

a good course, with Mankiw's book I can understand most of the teacher have taught.

By Rahul Kumawat

Apr 07, 2019

This is a very good online course for learning microeconomics principles

By ahmed mirshan

Apr 03, 2019

The course was delivered in an interesting mode.

By Flor Paola Merlos

Mar 27, 2019

I enjoyed this course. I learned so much from it and felt that the quizzes were challenging. I also liked that when you get wrong answers the quizzes tell you what video to refer back to so that you can study the correct section again.

By Vatsalya Awasthi