Back to Microeconomics Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Most people make the incorrect assumption that economics is ONLY the study of money. My primary goal in this course is to shatter this belief. During this course, we will be addressing the above questions as well as many more relating to: -the environment -love and marriage -crime -labor markets -education -politics -sports -business My main goal is to show you the way economists think and how to use this analytical system to answer questions related not only to these and other important human issues but to anything you end up doing with your life after this class. After all, as you will quickly find out, I believe that everything is economics!...

VA

Mar 14, 2019

It's a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a lucid and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject. :)

FK

Jul 16, 2017

Great way to explain economics, especially for students with english as a second language. Thanks for dividing the videos into smaller parts making me able to plan my schedule in great flexibility.

1 - 25 of 202 Reviews for Microeconomics Principles

By D K

Sep 09, 2019

I love the way Dr Jose simplifies complicated principles through the use of practical examples. It's making Economics - a subject i once hated, being a creative pro and all - very interesting. My deepest appreciation and gratitude to UoI, Dr Jose and Coursera for not only making this course available but also consumable

By John P

Sep 15, 2018

Generally speaking, this course conveys the core idea in microeconomics clearly and helps in understanding the economics in everyday life. Meanwhile, I found it could be improved in some ways: 1. The technical terms/methods seem somewhat unrelated to the examples due to the way they're explained; when the examples are addressed, more often than not, common sense is applied instead of the systematical analysis that is previously introduced. Then the academic terms/methods seem not quite powerful. 2. There are typically many assumptions when performing analysis on a real-life case; though focusing on the simplist case may convey some ideas faster, ignoring these assumptions (not mentioning them) renders the reasoning unrealistic and somewhat weak. 3. The mic in this course may not work well: Sometimes the instructor is clearly speaking when it sounds like mumbling, and the volume changes between classes.

By Sanket B

Nov 26, 2018

Completed

By Mervyn L

Dec 14, 2018

I am a computer science graduate and I had been focus purely in technical skill and hide myself in the geek world. I came out recently to know more about the world, and this course gives me a lot of wonderful insight and new perspective on how the world works in term of trades and the purpose of existence of government in the first place. A great course and a wonderful lecturer that able to demonstrate the economics theory by interview people who can share their amazing experience. Great job!

By Shyam J

Dec 28, 2018

The ability to explain the concepts of the teacher was extremely good!

By Rahul M

Feb 18, 2019

Amazing Course

By Flor P M

Mar 27, 2019

I enjoyed this course. I learned so much from it and felt that the quizzes were challenging. I also liked that when you get wrong answers the quizzes tell you what video to refer back to so that you can study the correct section again.

By Manvi B

Feb 07, 2019

I like how interactive this course is and how the professor makes it really easy and interesting to learn.

By Luis M B

Feb 11, 2019

Es un curso muy interesante

By ahmed m

Apr 03, 2019

The course was delivered in an interesting mode.

By Rahul K

Apr 07, 2019

This is a very good online course for learning microeconomics principles

By 赵磊

Apr 08, 2019

a good course, with Mankiw's book I can understand most of the teacher have taught.

By tarun p

By Vatsalya A

Mar 14, 2019

By Todd C W

Jan 07, 2019

This is an excellent, concise survey course on basic economics. The instructor covers all of the major concepts. This kind of course should be part of every well-rounded education.

By ivy

Dec 23, 2018

I am a student majoring in economics. Actually, the lecturers in my college made me disappointed about economics. But I get interested in it in this class.

By Vatsal G

Dec 24, 2018

amazing course!!

By Olzhas A

Dec 09, 2018

I LIKED THE COURSE AND THE TEACHING STYLE OF THE DOCTOR JOSE. MATERIALS WERE VERY USEFUL AND SELECTIVE TO UNDERSTAND MAIN POINTS. READING MATERIALS' MODULE WAS VERY CREATIVE AND EDUCATIONAL THAT CAN HELP TO SAVE TIME AND UNDERSTAND MAIN POINTS EASILY WITHOUT READING WHOLE BOOK. IN GENERAL, IT WAS THE BEST COURSE I HAVE EVER HAD VIA ONLINE. BEFORE THIS I DI NOT BELIEVE THAT ONLINE EDUCATION CAN BE SUCH SUCCESSFUL AND COMPREHENSIBLE. I WISH THAT JOSE MAKE MORE LESSON ON MICROECONOMICS AND CONTINUE AND CONTRIBUTE ONLINE EDUCATION. I HOPE THAT I WILL BUY THIS COURSE CERTIFICATE AS I GOT MY STIPEND. I WISH I HAD SUCH A PROFESSOR AT MY UNIVERSITY.

By Jian P

Feb 05, 2019

This course does a very good job explaining economic principles through examples in our daily life. I would recommend anyone who wants to take their first step in economics to try this excellent course.

By Ria M

Jul 10, 2018

An excellent course for beginners.

By Rathinder B

Sep 24, 2018

Fantastic course, taught is a very simplified and at the same generating great interest. Nice examples and the flow in which professor went about imparting the course is a great example of how online course should be adapted. Thank YOU,

By Lefan L

Sep 14, 2018

The contents are both concise and interesting.

By Chenyang H

Sep 15, 2018

GOOD

By Andy N

Aug 12, 2018

Great course to understand basics in microeconomics!