Back to Microeconomics Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Most people make the incorrect assumption that economics is ONLY the study of money. My primary goal in this course is to shatter this belief. During this course, we will be addressing the above questions as well as many more relating to: -the environment -love and marriage -crime -labor markets -education -politics -sports -business My main goal is to show you the way economists think and how to use this analytical system to answer questions related not only to these and other important human issues but to anything you end up doing with your life after this class. After all, as you will quickly find out, I believe that everything is economics!...

VA
Mar 13, 2019

It's a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a lucid and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject. :)

FK
Jul 15, 2017

Great way to explain economics, especially for students with english as a second language. Thanks for dividing the videos into smaller parts making me able to plan my schedule in great flexibility.

26 - 50 of 513 Reviews for Microeconomics Principles

By Troi Y P

Aug 9, 2020

This class was taught in a very clear and concise way without being dry and full of unexplained jargon. I was extremely happy with my choice in choosing this microeconomics course. The instructor takes the time to explain economic concepts in a very relatable way. I especially liked the mini-games he videos students doing as a way to explain the concepts of the lecture.

By Harsh T

Aug 8, 2017

The course was very informative, full of real life examples and all the principles covered were explained in a way which I, a beginner to economics, found very easy to understand. Real life examples helped me to relate it with my own experiences, short length videos and interactive questions in between the course helped in keeping me completely focused on the course.

By Nandini A

Nov 27, 2020

Excellent course! All the concepts were explained brilliantly with examples, applications and criticisms. The discussion forums were engaging and the quiz questions helped me think a step further. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who wants to have a solid foundation in microeconomics concepts!

By Krish J

Jul 16, 2020

great course, very interesting, loved the idea of changing locations, interviewing different people, idea of teaching through games. One thing I lacked at understanding was the graph of cost curves

By Alexa W

Jan 25, 2021

Highly engaging course with questions, real-life examples, and discussion prompts. I would recommend this course for anyone looking for an introduction to microeconomics.

By ABBHIJITH.H

Dec 30, 2020

Amazing course!. Prof. Jose made byzantine concepts easier to understand and follow through demonstrations and lucid explanations.

By Nima

Mar 7, 2021

It's an entry-level course. Do not expect lots of math in the course, but You'll get lots of insight from this course.

By Devin L

Jun 4, 2021

O​verall, I think this was a fairly clear introduction to the material. I was given the impression that perhaps the quiz questions weren't written by the professor given the incongruity in the wording/phrasing at times. I also think the presentations could have been edited down to be a little more fluid; a lot of the time it seems that the professor is sort of just going off the top of his head instead of presenting rehearsed material.

By Angelo A W

Mar 19, 2020

Some explanations are not right to the point. I need to replay some videos because I did not really get the message the first time around. Some parts need deeper concentration due to lengthy explanations.

By ASHISH P

Dec 2, 2020

worst experience and questions quality is too basic needs to be difficult. All answers are available on Quizlet.

By Dina M

Oct 7, 2020

It was a great pleasure to enjoy the mild working atmosphere aimed at improving my understanding of common microeconomic theory! I would like to express my gratitude to all the parties included into contributing to my and hundreds of other students for our ability to pass this course:

Coursera platform for providing unlimited opportunities,

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for the brilliant Dr. José J. Vázquez-Cognet,

American University of Central Asia for bringing its students ground for professional achievements.

P.S.: What a nice surprise it is to see Dr. José J. Vázquez-Cognet's signature on my Coursera certificate! I've recently get so accustomed to his face while watching his lessons. :)

By Martin B

Oct 9, 2020

Muy buenos dias:

Considero que el curso fue muy provechoso, con un docente de primer nivel. Muy interesante relacionar los hechos de la vida real con las categorías teoricas de la microeconomia. La evaluacion, la considera con gran porcentaje de autenticidad impulsando al estudiante a pensar en la aplicacion de los conceptos. Muy agradecido tambien por los elementos tecnologicos utilizados, el acceso a la traduccion inglés-español ya que, nos abrió mayores posibilidades para los que no somos totalmente bilingues. El Dr. Vasquez-Cognet mostró su vasto conocimiento con buena dinamica que permite al estudiante mantener buen animo para accesar a conocimientos científicos. Muchas gracias por su atención.

By Giullia S P

Aug 13, 2021

Microeconomics Principle is a very good course, it's worth it. The teaching is very interesting, the use of examples makes understanding the concepts easier and Professor José is fantastic.

My observation is that anyone who has the time to answer all the discussions certainly has a lot more to learn and develop the skill of critical think.

Prof. José Vazquez thank you so much for sharing your limited resource and for making this knowledge available to everyone.

By Hussain S

Dec 7, 2020

The course provides very different perspective for anyone interested in this field in understanding that what actually the reason behind any policies, government or business or company for which we work

takes and what is there motto or goal to achieve.

The course will help you find some common sense with why some market events occur.

I think one of the best courses to take if interested in economics , will be looking forward to take even more courses from here.

By Takashi F

Aug 6, 2017

This course is very very good. I feel that this course is going to be a milestone in my life. I did not know that economics is such an interesting field of study until I took this "Microeconomics Principles"course. The course level is not too difficult and course schedule is quite manageable for me who works full time in a profession which is quite demanding.

By Benny L

Sep 30, 2020

This course elaborates many economic concepts and phrase in popular and easy-to-understand language. Meanwhile it demonstrates economic issues with daily samples, it's familiar and able to be remembered. After finishing studying this course, I learnt lots of basic economic concepts and are able to explain some phenomenon by using the knowledge I learnt.

By D K

Sep 9, 2019

I love the way Dr Jose simplifies complicated principles through the use of practical examples. It's making Economics - a subject i once hated, being a creative pro and all - very interesting. My deepest appreciation and gratitude to UoI, Dr Jose and Coursera for not only making this course available but also consumable

By Sajid I A

Nov 2, 2016

The lecturer is amazing! The way he describes things is quite wonderful. He definitely got me more interested in economics in general. I would definitely recommend this course to any beginner in economics. Also, I am seriously considering U Illinois at Urbana-Champaigne for an exchange now, given that it happens.

By DEEPANSH S

Jun 29, 2021

This course actually does what it described in introduction. I had to do this course for college assessment. But this became interesting enough and has made me a lot interested in economies. It also has definitely given me an insight to better decision-making skills. Thank you Dr. Jose for the fantastic course.

By Subir M

Mar 13, 2018

This course was of immense help to sharpen my knowledge in microeconomics. I like to personally thank the course instructor to bring in so many case study to help me understand this course better. Finally I would like to request to create an advanced version of this course to appreciate the course more.

By SANJANA A

May 19, 2017

This is one of the best courses I've ever seen. The teacher is really good. He teaches the concepts in the student's language and makes the concepts seem really easy. I enjoy ever bit of this course as he makes it interesting with his numerous examples. Hope to see more such courses.

By Aditya G

Jun 29, 2020

The course is wonderful. I learned various economics concepts in detail and with ease. The way of teaching was excellent and interactive. I enjoyed every week of the course like never before. I feel very confident now than I was before joining this course. Thank you Josh sir.

By Abhi K S

Jun 24, 2020

It was an interesting course and the tutor explained it very precisely in the time available. I liked the way he gave examples to understand the concept thoroughly. Many pictures were used in the background which was helpful in relating the micro-economic principles.

By David

Jun 16, 2021

It was a great course for person who love Economics. Instructor has tried to provide the real field examples, how the market works, and the other points that are teach in Micro Economics. Quizzes are somehow confusing, but it's great deal to apply what you know.

By PRIYANKA S

Oct 27, 2018

I found the course very useful especially because of the teaching style of the professor. He gave very simple and daily life examples that I could relate to. I would recommend this course to those who want to know the basics of microeconomics in simple language.