Back to Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Learn and practice the basic principles of running an effective music ensemble rehearsal. Techniques and strategies are applicable to a variety of ensembles, including bands, orchestras, choirs, and chamber groups....

TB

Aug 28, 2015

This is a great course and also flexible to needs of students. If you get behind, the course is built to help you get back on track. I find this extremely helpful with a busy and irregular schedule.

Sep 11, 2017

This was an interesting and very useful course. Directors responsible for rehearsing ensembles will enjoy learning techniques, and even experienced conductors will benefit from revision and sharing.

1 - 25 of 85 Reviews for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

By Elton A

Dec 03, 2018

Fantastic!

By Wajdi S A D

Dec 09, 2018

i am conducting an amateur orchestra, usually we perform my arrangements of classical and folk tunes, this course help me a lot, and gave me a lot of helpful ideas and techniques that was absolutely effective with the group, specially in term of baton techniques, improving rhythm, intonation and rehearsal planning!!

very clear explication with a lot of example to demonstrate every tips, i did a very big progress in a very short time, and sure it was the best introduction to the conducting world!! thank you!!

By Sushil M

Jan 30, 2019

This is a Great course useful for a training purpose, also helps every Classically Musician or Musician of other Genres to get a broad generalist working knowledge in Conducting.

By Alessandra

Mar 03, 2019

Very interesting and thorough course. It is complete enough as an overview and analysis of all the conducting aspects, from a conceptual, technical, historical, theorical and practical point of view.

By Ravi D

Mar 07, 2019

Conductor Feldman is well versed in conducting technique and has a great style of passing that information on. His use of his ensembles to demonstrate really helped to show what works and how various ideas apply to conducting different groups.

By Numa M A V

Mar 14, 2019

Excelente!!! Es un curso donde se ve de manera gradual la importancia de cada uno de los aspectos necesarios para realizar ensayos exitosos con ensambles, coros y orquestas!!!! brinda muchas herramientas muy utiles!!!!

By Emilson V

Nov 30, 2018

Wonderful course. I am loving it.

By Timothy B

Aug 28, 2015

By Koos J

Oct 12, 2017

Excellent course with lots of examples. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Great fun and learned a lot. Too bad it finished after six weeks. Recommend it.

By Mario A L C

Jul 04, 2018

Excellent work

By Anne E

Feb 26, 2016

As an amateur musician, this thoughtful and in-depth course has illuminated causes of perplexing situations that I've experienced under conductors, provided a mirror of mistakes in my own playing and outlined remedies for correction. A growing awareness provided by these video sessions will improve not only conducting skills, but sharpen my attention to playing and observing detail as well. I can't thank you enough.

A Erickson (F horn / trumpet)

By Giorgio Z

Sep 08, 2017

A highly instructional course with plenty of professional tips about rehearsing a music ensemble. Also, this course features a well-structured programme that successfully tackles the complex world of ensemble conducting. Highly recommended!

By Daniel M B

Feb 25, 2016

Excellent, very usefull, a lot of concepts and estrategies!!

By Carlos F

Feb 05, 2017

excelente curs.o muy completro y lo recomiendo

By MICHAEL T

Aug 16, 2015

Great lessons!

Some of the best I've ever had.

By Carlos A T

Sep 17, 2015

excellent course and instructor.

By David L

Nov 13, 2015

Really Enjoyed Dr Feldmans lectures and personality, this was a great class and learned quite a bit!

By Julia K W

Feb 26, 2017

This class was truly wonderful and Dr. Feldman did a teriffic job in presenting the information in an organized and interesting way, as well as provide practical examples and a pethora of helpful tips and tricks in rehearsals as well as regarding Conducting Technique. I'd recommend this class to any musician who wants to refresh their conducting skills or someone who wants to learn conducting for the first time. It was super and has helped improve my conducting abilities in addition to my basic musicianship in an ensemble setting tremendously- thank you so much Dr. Feldman!!

By Robert M M

Aug 15, 2016

Not only great strategies for rehearsing ensembles. Dr. Feldman also provides a great primer for new conductors.

By Raphael A D R

May 02, 2016

Very well-explained course, with essential details and different points of view by other conductors who live different contexts in conducting types. Excellent.

By Damian F P

Jun 11, 2018

The course was really a great choice in my case. I'm a music teacher – History of Music – and I'll have to conduct teenagers at the music conservatory as a part of teaching some subjects, so I found this course really helpful for a beginner in conducting like me.

By Timothy R C

Oct 06, 2015

This is a very organized and in-depth class. I have been a music educator for 35 years. I wish this course would have been offered when I was working on my degrees. Great job!!

By Cleave L

Dec 28, 2016

This is a wonderful course for getting insights on what is Rehearsals, what to achieve and how to achieve. I've learned a lot of techniques, insights and knowledge about musical rehearsals and making music too.

I strongly recommend this to those who love making music and would like to know more about making music and ensemble music.

Thank you so much Dr. Feldman for this wonderful course.

By Theo L

May 03, 2018

Great insight into conducti

By Melissa Z

Jun 17, 2017

This course was fantastic with helping me to learn additional rehearsal techniques. While I own and direct a big band not everything can be applied to my ensemble but, it has made a great difference when working with the group.