Back to Negotiation skills: Negotiate and resolve conflict

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Negotiation skills: Negotiate and resolve conflict by Macquarie University

Modern organisations are characterised by increasingly higher levels of uncertainty, complexity and diversity. In our current globalised work environment, how can you manage the power and politics that persistently influence organisational decision-making? Being savvy about organisational politics and having the nous to negotiate and resolve conflict is a critical capability for managers at all levels. This course will develop your negotiation and conflict resolution skills – crucial to becoming a positive influence in your organisation. Via structured learning activities (video lectures, quizzes, discussion prompts and written assessments) you will conceptualise and measure power and politics; analyse and develop strategies for influencing stakeholders; and learn how to act with integrity and purpose when ‘playing politics’....

S
Jun 9, 2020

The instructor described the lessons nicely. This is an important course for the HR professionals. I learnt and enjoyed this course much . This course will help me build career in life .

GM
Sep 1, 2020

I really loved the course it opened my mind in everything that i will do in terms of negotiating and conflict resolution . Thank you very much for bringing this program to me .

1 - 25 of 92 Reviews for Negotiation skills: Negotiate and resolve conflict

By Sangram D

Jun 10, 2020

By Mert D

Jun 3, 2020

great delivery of great content. I was not happy only with one point; the structure was hard to follow. Titles subtitles are vague to track. Sometimes it was hard to understand where we are and in which context we are talking about.

By Muhammad i R

Mar 6, 2020

Great Learning!

By Danish J

Jul 31, 2020

This course was more theoretical than practical. All models used are very helpful but less practical examples were given

By Mayssa S

Jan 6, 2021

The course is too theoretical, focusing on authors and their writings without actually expanding to real life applications. Overall, it was dry and not engaging.

By Shubham P B

Dr Andrew mentioned and explained the lesson in the best way . I learned and enjoyed the course. These course will help the candidate from all backgrounds

By Tasneem B

Jun 23, 2020

Great course! I wish everyone would learn from it.

By Адель Н

Dec 6, 2020

a bit too theoretical

By Petra

Jul 25, 2020

Having a background in communications the course broadened my horizons. Dr Andrew has sparked my curiosity and I’m going to follow up on some of the literature he recommended. I agree with N. M D in that on rare occasions I lost orientation. My concrete example is the section on the attribution error. I found that one hard to understand – one or two scenarios would have helped me getting to grips with the material. But again, these are minor improvements on an otherwise great course!

By Napoleon A

Dec 17, 2020

Many thanks to the team and Dr. Andrew Heys for the excellent course provided. A very insightful course for people that lack theory and expertise in negotiation. Willing to raise a concern or add a constructive (a term often used within the course) comment, epigrammatic slides would also be a great assistance to the attendees.

By AMANDA J

Oct 31, 2020

The lessons were very informative, attractive and easily understood. I would be much grateful to the lecturer and all the supporting staff for their endless efforts to make this course a success. Thank you very much.

By Luís M B d M

Feb 10, 2021

I find the course very useful as my first comprehensive approach to negotiation. Nevertheless, I think it lacks some organised material to help the student get a set of tools to take to their daily life.

By GIBSON M M

Sep 2, 2020

By Thandeka M

Jun 12, 2020

Excellent course that will really help me as an HR professional. The instructor is very easy to understand and he described the lessons in a superbly clear manner.

By Will V P

Jan 24, 2021

It cannot be brushed off easily. Some topics are actually hard to learn and thus, are more motivating for me to study a bit harder than usual

By Reynolds D

Jun 1, 2020

One of the best courses I took on the Coursera platform. Induced a lot of learning. Special thanks to the wonderful instructor and Coursera.

By Lisa-Marie C

Dec 3, 2020

This course was very insightful and gave me insights on how to handle conflict and negations in my personal life as well as in business.

By Franziska R

Feb 27, 2021

very informative, well explained and well structured with videos, reading material and sometimes some short entertaining TED talks etc.

By Georges M

Nov 18, 2020

I appreciated this course and consider it to be a reference on negotiations process and in my on-going learning practice. Thank you

By Chiranth G

Sep 18, 2020

I learned some new aspects in Negotiations. A new experience in my learning life, Thanks to Maaquaire University & Andrew Heys Sir.

By marvin e e

Oct 25, 2020

I love the practical application through the exam by using scenario... Definitely will go back to the concepts from time to time.

By Jessa I

Oct 20, 2020

This course allowed me to know the importance of considering cultural differences in negotiations and conflict resolutions.

By shraddha

Aug 28, 2020

It was good and given us thoughts while dealing in multi cultural team specially working in MNC or working accross country

By Elena S

Jun 21, 2020

Great course! A lot of insights and take aways! I would recommend this course to everyone who is working with others!