Back to Scaling Operations: Linking Strategy and Execution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Scaling Operations: Linking Strategy and Execution by Northwestern University

UPDATE FEBRUARY 2020: Scaling Operations: Linking Strategy and Execution will close for new learner enrollment on February 26, 2020. ---- Over the past several decades, operations strategy has played an increasingly important role in business’ success. In this course, we will equip you with concepts and tools to build operations in a way that not only supports your competitive strategy, but also allows you to create new opportunities in the market place. Scaling operations: Linking strategy and execution is a five-week course dedicated to making strategic decisions that are grounded in operational reality. Together, we will study how to build and evaluate the “operating system” of the firm to maximize value. This involves tailoring the firm’s operational competencies, assets, and processes to a specific business strategy. Each week, we’ll explore case studies, engage in discussions and examine realistic data. Thanks to our data-driven approach, you’ll be able to implement your learning directly into practice. At the end of this course, you’ll be ready to build an effective, actionable plan to scale your department or organization....

KS
Apr 26, 2017

Thanks to prof. Gad and prof. Jan for a piece of practical view. I will be happy to keep in touch if you don't mind. Also, please inform me if you've got next course. thanks, Kirill ks@mashtabator.ru

AY
Jun 1, 2018

It was a great course and would be beneficial to the the people who has basic idea on operations and have some work experience in the industry

1 - 25 of 50 Reviews for Scaling Operations: Linking Strategy and Execution

By Tom D

Jan 2, 2018

I'm new to Business Studies - so maybe this is normal - but I was surprised at the amount of jargon in this course. It seemed that every simple idea came with another set of acronyms or obscure terms to remember, which made learning more, rather than less, difficult. If I were being cynical, I would think this tendency to over-complicate things were borne from an urge to add a veneer of legitimacy to a subject sometimes judged to be a "soft science". This is unfortunate, as the key ideas in the course were very helpful to me, and I imagine they will be helpful to others too. I only hope that in future, Allon and Van Mieghem focus more on simplifying the key concepts.

By mohamed w

Nov 20, 2016

the course is very useful, but the video lessons are very very short, no enough examples, forums also need presence of tutor for help .... it would be of better value specially that comes from great professors...i really thank professors for their efforts

By bhanu

Dec 25, 2016

The concepts are very good but very theoretical.More quantitative analysis should be added to prepare students to deal with the real world problems.

By Augustine Q

Aug 29, 2016

Not enough students to give review grading and earn a grade.

By Kirati S

Mar 30, 2018

This course is very practical. It tackles operation problems from different angles in a quantitative and qualitative way. The material is very well presented. The exercise is very practical and interesting. It's a must take course for any serious business leaders.

By Juan C R

Mar 25, 2018

Great course, the model used by the authors is clear, practical and with sound fundamentals. I highly reccomend this course for Operations professionals looking for a different point of view on how you can create strategic value through operations management.

By Puja s

Aug 22, 2020

I really like this course it was very very complete and kept the focus on skilling and strategy very well.

I have enrolled for two other courses but this is still my favourite and I keep listening to it every now and then

By Abishek

Apr 11, 2020

One of the best online courses I had attended till now. Short and to the point videos helped me in concentrating in the class. notes shared were very useful(at the end of every week. Fully thought and very very helpful

By Salustiano L P

Jun 24, 2017

Pending Peer-grading for an asignment but I found the course really interesting. I especially liked the theory - practical changes in this course. Some additional case studies would be of interest. Thanks!

By Kirill S

Apr 27, 2017

By Al H

Sep 5, 2020

Theoritically, it define most pertinent concept around scaling operations. Practically, all section with quiz and exercise to reinforce their comprehension. Impressive and productive class.

By Ajay K Y

Jun 1, 2018

By Gail R

Jun 11, 2020

Great course and learned a lot but it would have been more helpful to have more in depth discussion of how problems were solved.

By Stephen B

Aug 16, 2020

A good refresher if you forgot about your operations management class in uni. I will recommend this course to anyone interested

By Dimitar N S

Feb 13, 2018

Exceptional course for business professionals. I really liked the level of depth and detail that this course went into.

By alessandro a

Jun 26, 2020

Few useful tools to analyze how to run optimization and expansion plans looking to the right KPIs.

By MAHENDRA K J

Apr 15, 2020

Its great platform to learn ,Thanks to professor s who share his best knowledge to me.

By Kristofer k

Jul 1, 2018

Great course. Easy to follow, useful for a broad range of operations roles.

By Mohammad Y M

May 10, 2019

Excellent hands-on learning experience. Highly recommended!

By Md.Nazib H K

Aug 16, 2017

Very much effective for professionals. Truly empirical.

By Giuliano Q

Apr 19, 2020

Very good teachers and very challenging case studies

By Uppalapati J K

Apr 16, 2020

Stupendous benefit to all online Mania

By Ashish S

Mar 20, 2019

to the point , sharp and use rightaway

By Regino S

Jul 30, 2016

Great materials of very good value

By Sasidhar C