Back to Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations

Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology

About this Course

In this introductory course on Ordinary Differential Equations, we first provide basic terminologies on the theory of differential equations and then proceed to methods of solving various types of ordinary differential equations. We handle first order differential equations and then second order linear differential equations. We also discuss some related concrete mathematical modeling problems, which can be handled by the methods introduced in this course. The lecture is self contained. However, if necessary, you may consult any introductory level text on ordinary differential equations. For example, "Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems by W. E. Boyce and R. C. DiPrima from John Wiley & Sons" is a good source for further study on the subject. The course is mainly delivered through video lectures. At the end of each module, there will be a quiz consisting of several problems related to the lecture of the week....

By SK

Jun 19, 2018

I heartily thankful to Coursera team who helped me lot to complete this course and last but not least I would like to say thanks to Prof. K.H.Kwon.I have learned lot thorough this course .

By RA

May 20, 2018

I have enjoyed taking this course. The topics have been divided very well in that they are not too long and hard just the right amount. The lecturer was delightful and easy to understand.

36 Reviews

By Ramya Geethika

Dec 17, 2018

professor is not so good

By 夏旸

Dec 03, 2018

nice course!

By SHAMPRANESH D

Nov 06, 2018

good

By shivang aggarwal

Nov 06, 2018

amazing knowledge

By Aishwarya Tapadiya

Nov 04, 2018

I learnt all the basics I wanted to very properly, the course was very helpful.

By shalini n

Oct 29, 2018

The coursera courses are really helpful to understand the concepts.

By Yuhan Zhang

Oct 07, 2018

Great course - very clear and practical. I appreciate the professor's teaching as well as the exams.

By Diana Cecilia González Tejada

Oct 06, 2018

Everything on the course is literally something i could find in a book. No additional comments by the professour. Boring.

By YASHVARDHAN

Oct 05, 2018

This is a very good course ,It helps me to be an expert in the field of Ordinary differential equation

Thanks a lot to Coursera for to provide this course

By dgq